Anyone else doing slimming world?

(1000 Posts)
me23 Fri 04-Jan-13 07:43:15

Hi all, I joined slimmig world yesterday as I finally ready and motivated to get this weight off. Anyone else? Is there a support thread for those following slimming world? As I couldn't see one on here. If not anyone interested in helping to support each other here?

Me23 Thu 28-Feb-13 13:56:09

Weigh in today I lost 3lbs! It's the most I've lost in one week so far and I've hit my 1 stone award yay! So happy right now. Today is my treat day so I'm having a pizza express margarita from sainsburys. Night shift tonight so will bring fruit to snack on.
Well done on all the losses smile

ThatBintAgain Thu 28-Feb-13 14:52:31

Well done on all the losses!

I maintained this week, and am quite amazed as I wasn't really on plan last week. Have got my head back into it this week though and am determined to get a few pounds off (3lbs would take me down into the 12s again so I'm desperate to get down there! 1lb would give me my first half stone. I've done a minimum of half an hour exercise every day this week, but have accidentally had my full 15 syns the last two days. (Unfortunate miscalculation!)

I also thought I'd book in for a fitness review at the gym (have been paying and not going for mooooooooooonths so thought I might as well get some value for money!) and turns out I am 42% fat. (BMI 27.) I am essentially a mammoth. sad

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 28-Feb-13 17:23:03

Well done me

smelley love tenerife. Got here often as have friend who lives there. Hope to go may fine if pennies allow

bint long time no see lol and bmi at 27 is good. Think mine is just over 30 at the moment so I'm obese

Im plump yes but wouldn't call me obese but over 30 is apparently sad

Wi tomorrow. Hoping for a lb again. No reason why not as been within my syns so .........

androbbob Thu 28-Feb-13 21:55:52

Evening all! Awaiting high school allocation (hopefully after midnight) so trying to keep busy tonight! Did snaffle two bags of crisps - oops! been trying to steer clear of those.

Well done to tiger, lollipop, Me - great losses!

Been very busy at work - out and about on site, which is good for exercise, but bad for meals. I have been taking a heat up leftovers dish and a mullerlight - was 2.30pm and 2pm today when I got fed! Only had a mini tea tonight as wasnt hungry. Need to plan better really - although I did get a lovely salad from the salad bar at Morrisons on Tuesday - all free food with two hard boiled eggs! Was delicious!

beanandspud Fri 01-Mar-13 10:02:05

Fingers crossed anrobbob that you get what you want. Primary school allocation had me stressed out for days!

Smelly and Blondes we love Tenerife, I could do with a bit of winter sunshine right now. I am really hoping that when we go away in August I will be several stone lighter than I was last summer. It would be so good to get back into my nice summer clothes instead of living in the same few things that fit.

WI this morning and 3lb lost (that's the first stone down) so I am delighted!

This thread has been great, so many times I have been tempted to give up or not bother weighing in but you ladies have kept me going - thank you thanks

::celebration dance:: grin

so today i lost a tidly 45g which has put me back in borderline healthy bmi but i am a bit meh about the pidly loses so this week i am really going to go for it, no room for failure and i am aiming for at least a pound off shock and will minimise my syns. my loss is now sitting at 7 pound in 8 weeks baring in mind i lost 6 in my first week. angry

well done everyone else though keep up the effort grin grin grin

laughalot Fri 01-Mar-13 17:59:24

Evening everyone some great results !!! I lost 2lb this week so thats 1st 3lb in total so far in 7 weeks. One of the girls at work today passed comment on how slim I looked think its because I can now fit into my size 14 work blouses the 16s were a bit baggy grin.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 01-Mar-13 20:00:10

humph - gained a lb and dont know why - pissed off blondes x

well done laugh and chin up blondes, next week we will rule!

tigerdriverII Fri 01-Mar-13 20:24:09

blondes. Aww, that's so frustrating. Do you think you lost inches? Sometimes you get a size drop but not a weight drop (how does that work???)

I am not very on plan, need lots of exercise over the weekend to give me a boost. If I can STS come Wed morning I think I'll be happy. Gah!

beanandspud Fri 01-Mar-13 20:31:59

Blondes that's really frustrating but please don't give up - you keep us going on here. Could it be hormonal?

yeah or perhaps you forgot to take of your shoes or put down your mug of hot water?grin

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 01-Mar-13 21:53:42

well done bean, laughalot and noyou on your loss's, esp your 45g, thats better then my gain

bah humbug - been good, had slightly higher syns as in just under 100, rather then 75ish but surely i can have up to 105 - 15 a day sad

tiger i did measure as been 8 weeks and lost 4 cms-wow 'rolls eyes' thats a cm off tummy, waist, leg and arm - pathetic sad

not hormonal and i stepped on scales, thought wtf and got off twice and said the same

i even - sorry tmi - squeezed out a small poo and then re weighed and nope still a lb gain

tigerdriverII Fri 01-Mar-13 22:06:26

That's so annoying. Check portion sizes of cheese etc, where it does matter. Also are you having all your heas and hebs? I got caught out on both.

I know that my weight loss is slow because I drink too much wine. But it is a pound a week, and that is adding up.

If you don't know why you put on weight, then try a food diary? Crikey, I sound like a SW consultant. I'm not!

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 01-Mar-13 22:09:04

for the first time ever, i have had my a and b every day - and i gain sad

always write down what i eat and truthful

if i was bad and deserve a gain fair enough, but i wasnt

'blondes sits on bad step and sobs her little blonde heart out '

tigerdriverII Fri 01-Mar-13 22:15:34

sad. thanks

It will be fine. When is your WI? Really, really think about portions etc. you'll be fine next week, this really works, just have to try to stick to it, or not be too disappointed if you don't stick to it and gain. Maybe speak to your - what are they called - group leader. We have a Facebook group, it's very helpful, but not as good as this thread!

BadRoly Fri 01-Mar-13 23:27:58

Oh Blondes hmm you must be feeling so disheartened.

Only other thing I can think of is water retention - are you drinking plenty? I can really tell the days I haven't as my ankles swell and my rings are tight on my finger.

Don't give up xx

androbbob Fri 01-Mar-13 23:40:09

blondes - get yourself off that step and quit your snivelling young lady grin grin <<ducks for cover>> <<offers thanks>>

Did you not lose 2lbs last week and had both your a and b and your syns?

I do think that your working pattern interferes with weight loss - working some nights, working some days and off some days - your poor body doesn't know what is coming next, so could be holding onto fat and energy as a reserve. Have you been exercising more this week or less? Dont give up lovely lady - too late to go for a lovely bath and chill, but draw a line under this week and move on.

Also look at what you are spending your syns on - perhaps tweak them slightly. You always eat so well and have lovely food, I truely think this is a minor blip. You have lost the weight before, now is no different.

lecture over grin Feel free to dish it out to me when I have a gain sometime in the future!!

Bloody stubbon bodies - pain in the bum I think!

Remember - words of wisdom - Never chop a tree down in winter, when its summer and its in full bloom, you will be glad you carried on. No quitters here please.

Aw here here chin up, onwards and upwards.

littledolly Sat 02-Mar-13 10:10:06

Hello all. I've decided to go back to Slimming World, so am hoping to join this thread. I did SW a few years back and followed EE with very little success.
However, since then I have separated from my husband, moved out and managed to gain a stone, putting me at 13 stone, and I'm 5ft 6. Ideally I'd like to loose 2.5 stone, but would settle for 2 stone off in time for my holidays to Spain in July.
I am thinking that red days would be better for me, as I have real problems with regulating my carb intake, and subsequently eat lots of sweet stuff! I've dabbled with low carbing lately, but don't think I'm hardcore enough to keep it up, so I'm thinking red days are a good compromise for me, and will help keep my sweet cravings under control.
I'm not able to make a class as the local ones are all held on the evenings when DD is with me, so going it alone, but hope to gain support from this thread. My books are all in ex-OH's house, although there is no guarantee he hasn't thrown them out angry! I will try and get them over the next few days, but hope to remember most of it until then.
Good luck to everyone else and chat soon smile

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 02-Mar-13 12:22:54

tiger wi was yesterday/friday - i dont have a leader as do it home alone as refuse to pay £5 to be weighed and aslo i work silly hours/days that wouldnt be going to same meeting each week, so different leaders/scales etc

roly i am feeling disheartened as been good, would have been a been ok if sts but to gain sad

androb im not feeling the love grin but yes you may be right with my work shifts, i know its a blip and i wont quit 'sighs' just a bit, woe is me at the moment

noyou im still here

little dolly welcome, think most of us are doing ee, i love my carbs and no way could not have pasta/rice but also love meat and fish, hence ee is good for me -good luck smile

Hmmm, I didn't do well yesterday. In fact I basically had a day off and ate what I liked.

Back on it now though, think it was because I know I can't go to weigh in next week as I'm away. Have to say though, lunch out and a pint with friends was worth it.

But like I say, back on plan now, need to make sure I can at least eat semi-healthy foods. Being part of a group of 20 means it's majority rules as to what we'll be eating all next week sad

KissMyGrits Sat 02-Mar-13 14:05:29

B: Fried egg sandwich (hexb)
L: Chicken salad
D: Homemade chicken fried rice

Hexa:Milk in my tea

Syns: Marg 0.5
Wine 6

Thats my meal plan for today.

Welcome Little Dolly and don't worry Lollipop I had an off day last Saturday and still lost 2lbs.

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 02-Mar-13 14:26:28

envy grits grin

b allbran (b) mullier light and fruit
l quorn spage bol, lot of veg and brocolli and phili light (a)
t salmon, rice and veg

s prob a few for gin

KissMyGrits Sat 02-Mar-13 16:11:21

Best thing is husband is making the fried rice! grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.