Anyone else doing slimming world?

(1000 Posts)
me23 Fri 04-Jan-13 07:43:15

Hi all, I joined slimmig world yesterday as I finally ready and motivated to get this weight off. Anyone else? Is there a support thread for those following slimming world? As I couldn't see one on here. If not anyone interested in helping to support each other here?

BadRoly Mon 25-Feb-13 16:41:52

Blondes - not a SW recipe so probably about 700 syns per muffin hmm

7oz flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarb
1 tsp salt
Sift these together

3 mashed bananas
2.5 oz melted butter
5 oz sugar
1 egg
Mix these together until smooth. Fold in dry ingredients. Cook at 180c for 25-30mins. Makes 12 muffins

I only had 2 bananas so chucked in 100g chocolate buttons I had lying around wink

Who is brave enough to work out the syns then...?

BadRoly Mon 25-Feb-13 16:46:24

Oh and to update on the muffin count. I ended up eating 3 plus ds2's for lunch confused (but nothing else).

Then dd2 ate one when she came in but dd1 didn't like hers so I shared that with dd2 as well as having one of my own confused.

I now have 1 in a box for dd2's lunch tomorrow and have put the last 2 in the freezer!

Luckily my friend took 2 with her this morning...

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 25-Feb-13 16:59:00

Will try and work out when have my book later if no one else has

The salt and egg are def free

Helpful blondes smile

I don't do meetings. Shame can't order off sw website like you can with ww

Know you can have Alpen light bars as 3 for a b

Maybe need to go to a big tesco's etc as never see them in my local shop

A mint one would be nice. Love mint stuff and banana lol

KissMyGrits Mon 25-Feb-13 17:52:38

blondes you can sometimes get them on ebay.

badroly that sounds amazing, I am so jealous, we have birthday cake left over everybody had some and I had a plum. envy

iklboo Mon 25-Feb-13 18:56:55

Weigh in tonight. Hoping it's a 'way hey!' in grin

androbbob Mon 25-Feb-13 21:45:57

Evening - breezes in from a busy day.

Lost 1LB this week - which is great - I normally go to a morning class, but had a meeting so went to a 5pm class - so I guess it may have been more than 1 lost. Will show next week - just one pesky pound until I have lost a stone! This next half stone will be lost quicker though! The Leader is leaving today - she has only been there since October - and is my son's beaver helper, so it will be better for me not to have to see her twice a week - she is lovely though - just dont need the world knowing my business! She is discrete, but still felt awkward for me.

Anyways, the new lady seems ok - but may be an option for me to give up the classes once I have found somewhere to WI each week - mondays are not the best day for that!!

How is everyone else doing?

blondes - I wouldnt bother with the HiFi bars - very sweet and tiny! If that is not your thing, then stay clear!!

androbbob Mon 25-Feb-13 21:54:21

badroly - just synned up your muffin recipe - allowing the egg and banana as free (mashed not really free but....) - they would be 5.5 syns each!! grin

iklboo Mon 25-Feb-13 21:59:23

2.5lb off this week. Whoooo!! 1 stone 1.5lb in total in 6 weeks. Really pleased. smile

BadRoly Mon 25-Feb-13 22:02:22

Oh so not as bad as I feared grin but 5 in one day is still ott confused

BadRoly Mon 25-Feb-13 22:02:57

Oh and of course well done to androb & ikl grin

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 25-Feb-13 23:39:04

Well done to boo and androb for losses smile

5.5per muffin isn't that bad considering I had a packet of walkers lights for 6 and feel cheated sad

I love crisps and these were rank - So bland - going in my never eat again slot along with quark grin

I want a banana muffin sad

Though 5 of then at 25syns is a bit ouchy

i waited till dh was in the bath last night and had a sly packet of hula hoops and a baby bel, i was very devious about it. weigh in not till tomorrow though, if sts my pathetic weight loss will be six pound in eight weeks, hoping for a miracle, can't believe its been eight weeks confused

yesterday i had i good sensible chicken dinner tea but all day ate carlin peas but i think they are free. breakfasts was fruit museli which was awful.

beanandspud Tue 26-Feb-13 08:51:21

Well done ikiboo and androbbob grin

Step away from the baking cupboard Roly!

I tend to have the Alpen Light bars as my HeB Blondes - I like having something with my coffee mid-morning and also in the evenings - they're also good if I'm away as at least I have something in my bag for breaks when everyone else is tucking into danish pastries and cookies sad

Not entirely sure what I'm going to eat today as online shop not due until 9pm.
I still have leftover chilli and then I think it will be 'baked pasta surprise' with whatever I can find in the fridge!

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 26-Feb-13 13:01:53

noyou hula hoops are 6.5/8.5 depending on which size and baby bel 3 unless using a

bean what alpen lights do you have? didnt like the choc one, not a great lover of choc tbh

b weetabix (b) milk (a) sweetener, rasberries and blueberries
l fry up - 2 eggs, 2 ww sausages (1), sweet potato chips and beans - was yummy - pic on fb androb
t mince, veg and rice, kinda like a chilli

s prob crisps

Me23 Tue 26-Feb-13 14:55:22

Well done ikboo over a stone in 6 weeks that's great. Well done androbob too time of day definately affects weight I always weigh less in the morning.
B-weetabix (b) milk (a)
L- quorn BBQ fillets rice and peas (all free) activia snack pot.
D- will be making Jamie Oliver's veggie chilli with sweet potato will use oil as my other heb.

beanandspud Tue 26-Feb-13 15:27:24

Blondes I like the cherry bakewell ones, the apple and sultana one and the summer fruits. The chocolate ones are ok. They are on offer in Sainsbury's at the moment so I am buying in bulk!

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 26-Feb-13 15:28:52

maybe i should go to sains then

though hate marzipan and sultanas, so dont think im gonna do well on them grin

Well, I was away on a residential trip yesterday/this morning.

Erm, I didn't do well food wise, chocolate and cookies were consumed. Hopefully I'll still show a loss tomorrow night. It was a good trip though, am starting to make friends within the group (I'm on the Team programme with the Prince's Trust).

Tomorrow will be my first "proper" meeting, in a bigger group. Looking forward to it, just need to save my consultant's mobile number in my phone in case the buses mess me about after we finish at college.

ah well didn't do so bad yesterday as baby bel would have been healthy a, been good today so will await judge and jury at the scales grin

iklboo Tue 26-Feb-13 17:43:42

Spicy Mexican mince & rice for tea tonight. Extra lean mince, sachet of taco seasoning, 1/2 carton of passata all mixed together & cooked through. Spoon of fat free fromage frais & some chopped red pepper on top and served with boiled rice. Only 1.5 syns a serving. Very nice too.

iklboo Tue 26-Feb-13 17:44:43

Spicy Mexican mince & rice for tea tonight. Extra lean mince, sachet of taco seasoning, 1/2 carton of passata all mixed together & cooked through. Spoon of fat free fromage frais & some chopped red pepper on top and served with boiled rice. Only 1.5 syns a serving. Very nice too.

Lovely salmon and salad for me tonight smile Been doing some thinking about yesterday's blip. Yes, it was a blip, but there have been SO many occasions this past week where I've turned down junk food, I'm not as worried about it reflecting in the number on the scales tomorrow.

laughalot Tue 26-Feb-13 18:32:16

Everyones meals sound so yummy I am so very excited about having some cheese on my spag bol for tea how sad am I ha ha.

KissMyGrits Tue 26-Feb-13 20:42:55

I had vegetable biryani for tea, it was so nice! Was very good and skipped the poppadoms I would normally have with it grin

BadRoly Tue 26-Feb-13 22:06:46

Evening grin

I have tried quite hard today...
B - bran flakes (heB) and milk (heA).
S - 2 black coffee!
L - mug shot, apple & banana with yogurt.
T - chicken suprise (reckon 3syns), pots, carrots, sweetcorn & sugar snap peas.

The kids had friends round so I baked again BUT I made 10 chocolate muffins - 1 each for the kids tonight and 1 each for my kids for packed lunches. I got to sweep up about 1/3 of ds1's so figure that's pretty good!

Just had a yogurt and a pint of water as I have a killer throat sad, will "treat" myself to the rest of my milk and a biscuit or hifi bar in a mo - weigh in tomorrow!

This thread is not accepting new messages.