Anyone else doing slimming world?

(1000 Posts)
me23 Fri 04-Jan-13 07:43:15

Hi all, I joined slimmig world yesterday as I finally ready and motivated to get this weight off. Anyone else? Is there a support thread for those following slimming world? As I couldn't see one on here. If not anyone interested in helping to support each other here?

beanandspud Thu 14-Feb-13 20:50:26

Meant to add that I've just found this website with lots of SW recipes.

fruitpastilles Thu 14-Feb-13 20:53:50

I had been having a really good day up until about an hour ago when I had some chocs hmm

B - banana (had wi this morn so don't have proper breakfast)
L - Spaghetti on 2 wholemeal toast (heb+5)
D - Easy tuna pasta bake (the one from the slimming world website) hea+6 with a muller light for pudding

And then wrecked it with stupid chocs grrrrrr! Oh well at least it's Thursday so I have a whole week to make up for it. Plus I've given up potatoes and diet coke for lent (I eat far to many slimming world chips lol) so hopefully that will help the weight loss grin

Me23 Thu 14-Feb-13 20:54:18

I lost 2lbs :-) should have been slimmer of the week but leader got it wron and gave it to someone who lost 1.5 I was too blush to say anything though. Anyway it's going in the right direction so I'm happy. Am on a long day at work tomorrow 8-8 so have made a syn free lunch in advance.

beanandspud Thu 14-Feb-13 21:14:44

Well done Me grin. That's good news even if you didn't get the recognition from your Group you can be our Slimmer of the Week here instead!

needstodiet Thu 14-Feb-13 21:18:01

Just had my second weigh-in.

Another 5lbs this wk (12 1/2lbs in 2wks) smile

I know it's going to slow down, but, I'm very happy with the plan and can't believe I've eaten more than I normally would have. Just shows I was eating all the wrong things. sad

I do try and eat syn free (or low) so I can have a choc in the evening.

Blondes - the gnocchi recipe went something like this:

1) We cooked a 400g pack of gnocchi and popped it in a lasagne / pie dish.

2) Crushed a clove or two of garlic and mixed with a tin of chopped tomoatoes and a bit of black pepper.

3) Poured that over the gnocchi and stirred it a bit.

4) Cut up 4 or 5 slices of grilled bacon and sprinkled it on top (think it should be 170g ham for two people in the recipe, but we subbed in bacon).

5) Cracked two eggs on top and then sprinkled two tablespoons of grated parmesan over the top.

6) Baked it at gas mark 4 until the eggs were cooked.

Think that came in at 4.5 syns (for the gnocchi and parmesan) if I remember correctly.

fruitpastilles Fri 15-Feb-13 08:37:03

Did u lose last week as well me? Slimmer of the week goes to the biggest loser this week who also lost last week?

Can I ask does the rate at which you lose depend on how much you have to lose iykwim

beanandspud Fri 15-Feb-13 21:31:34

Fish I think it does depend on what your starting weight is - someone who is larger and eating the same number of syns, should lose weight slightly more quickly than a smaller person but I don't think it's an exact science!

Thanks bean smile

fruitpastilles Sat 16-Feb-13 15:09:43

Looking forward to my mayflower curry tonight, gotta love a Chinese fakeaway grin

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 16-Feb-13 17:30:29

1 lb off for me - slow and steady - 7lbs since jan - bah humbug

Me23 Sat 16-Feb-13 20:47:50

Yes I lost last week and she maintained.
I think the more you have to lose then the faster it comes off. My weight loss has been no more than 2.5lb per week and I'm a size 16 but other people much bigger than me have been losing up to 8lb a week!
Today I've had
B- weetabix (b) milk (a)
L- omelette, quorn sausage 2syns wholemeal bread (b) tablespoon brown sauce 1syn.
D- quorn stir fry
Snacks- quavers 4.5 syns, apple, ff yog.

Me23 Sat 16-Feb-13 20:48:45

Of sorry blondes meant to say well done!

BadRoly Sat 16-Feb-13 21:12:45

Well done Blondes and everyone else grin

I'm afraid it's all going a bit tits up in the Roly house this week blush.

Yesterday dh took me out for breakfast and I had American pancakes with streaky bacon and maple syrup. Then I went with ds2's nursery to the Chinese restaurant and swept up his spring roll, chow mein and egg fried rice (with sweet and sour). I'm afraid the fuckit bug kicked in then so we went to Pizza Express for tea and I had a normal pizza. To finish this horror of a day off, we went out boozing - 4 pints bitter, half a plate of nachos and 2 bags cheese & onion Pom bears later...

Today hasn't been a lot better - breakfast was ok as was lunch but then I scoffed a load of biscuits mid morning (hangover shakes). Our old neighbours came round for tea so we had pizza (homemade but still baaaad)' garlic bread and sticky toffee pudding with clotted cream shock and of course wine.

I have to weigh in 2 days early this week as well. It's not going to be pretty is it confused

beanandspud Sat 16-Feb-13 21:17:14

Well done Blondes!

I sts yesterday - not really all that surprised given that I have lived on hotel food for most of this week and it's really hard to know exactly what you are having. We had friends over today for tea and I made a syn-free veggie pasta sauce as well as a spag bol so apart from a teeny bit of pudding to be polite and some wine I have been pretty good.

I do need to start counting syns properly again next week as I think I have become a bit relaxed and I don't want to start gaining. I don't know about anyone else but I do feel as if my eating habits are slowing changing - prior to SW I would probably have thought 'sod it', given up for the day and eaten anything that was going whilst just now I am having a treat but not going mad.

'Slow and steady...slow and steady..' grin

beanandspud Sat 16-Feb-13 21:24:06

Roly don't worry about having a couple of days off as long as it was worth it and you enjoyed it! Just write off the last few days and get back to it tomorrow? Wine is my downfall, I have a glass on the go just now...

androbbob Sat 16-Feb-13 21:50:29

Well done blondes - as you always say - 1lb a week is 52lb or nearly 4 stone in a year grin. I have lost 4lbs since January, so you are doing better than me.... I am sure all your changing working patterns doesnt help. You are doing great!

roly - a few bad days dont make a bad week. Draw a line under it and move on.

beans - that is a good result from your WI as you were not in control of the cooking - takes some effort.

I am at my Mums for most of tomorrow and will be tempted by cake, pudding and other such food. family over for a few days so lots of eating. However, WI is Monday morning and I need at least 1lb loss, 2lb would give me my half stone. Been to the gym today, swimming planned for tomorrow and will go to gym before WI, so here's hoping.

Half term here next week - danger time I reckon - how do you all cope with it??

KissMyGrits Sun 17-Feb-13 14:09:42

androb I'm a little bit worried about half term, there'll be a lot of temptation around. If we eat out I'll push for either Nandos or somewhere I can have a steak, jacket potato and salad. I'll try to keep healthy snacks handy so I'm not to tempted when the kids are snacking.

Well done everyone!

littlemefi Sun 17-Feb-13 14:14:29

Well, ten days at my Dads has been lovely but no good for SW!
Have had meals out, cooked breakfasts, cake and wine!
Back on plan today though a bit fed up as had been on plan for 2 weeks with no weight loss.
Might try to mix things up and go old skool green and red days to see if that helps; I like EE but think I have better weight loss with green and red.

slimlol Sun 17-Feb-13 14:22:20

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Hi all.

I would like to try SW, someone on my FB started 4 weeks ago and is already 16lbs down shock My background: Lost 4.5 stone on Rosemary Conelly in my late teens going from a size 18 to a 10. Then came the children and I crept up slowly from a size 10 to a size 14. My youngest dd died in October and since then my weight gain appears to be in free fall. I have just started a new medication which seems to make me hungry- I have no 'full filter', I can eat and eat and eat blush Added to that, I've been drinking more rose wine than usual. Today I tried on a new pair of size 14 jeans and I couldn't even do them up without my stomach spilling over the top- gross.

I have recently started running which is a plus I guess. My dh works unusual shifts so going to a group isn't feasible. I would like to try and do it myself, so I am asking for some help! Could anyone be kind enough to explain the system to me? I understand about the 15 syns a day (is there a list of syns online anywhere), and I've got a good idea of the free foods. But can someone explain the concept of red/green days? Isn't there a new system too?

Do you think someone could succeed on SW using the internet and SW magazines as support?

iklboo Sun 17-Feb-13 18:02:08

I think there's an option to follow the plan online. You still need to enrol & pay a fee, but you get full access to the forums, recipes etc. Loads at our group just pop in, weigh & go home - they don't stay for the chat etc afterwards. The online service is probably v similar.

iklboo Sun 17-Feb-13 18:02:32

And so sorry to hear of your loss.

iklboo Sun 17-Feb-13 18:05:26

We're having the meatloaf from the website for tea tonight. It looks yum but I've got a stinking cold & I'm not really hungry confused

This thread is not accepting new messages.