Anyone else doing slimming world?

(1000 Posts)
me23 Fri 04-Jan-13 07:43:15

Hi all, I joined slimmig world yesterday as I finally ready and motivated to get this weight off. Anyone else? Is there a support thread for those following slimming world? As I couldn't see one on here. If not anyone interested in helping to support each other here?

iklboo Tue 12-Feb-13 16:53:51

It's kind of a low fat soft cheese. We made the lasagne the other week & it's bloody lovely.

iklboo Tue 12-Feb-13 16:57:31

There's a syn free pancake recipe online somewhere. DH wants to try them later. Chicken, sweetcorn & noodle soup for tea (homemade & syn free).

i had two normal pancakes for tea with a dot of golden syrup and a squirt of lemon, i am still hungry shock

Me23 Tue 12-Feb-13 18:20:15

Today I have eaten:
B: slice of whole meal toast( heb) light marg = 2 syns
L: pasta with tomato sauce = free
D= 2x quorn burger with 1 whole meal roll (heb) salad Sw chips 1 tblsp tomato relish =1 syn
Plus coffee throughout the day. May treat myself to a pancake will will be 6 syns.

Me23 Tue 12-Feb-13 18:22:51

I've noticed this week that I don't snack anymore my appetite has decreased a lot. Most days I have had max 5 syns.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 12-Feb-13 19:34:20

Quark is rank. It doesn't taste like cheese - smells like sick

Make lasagne most weeks but use a cheese sauce for 8 syns so 2 let portion with a milk and well worth it smile

fruitpastilles Tue 12-Feb-13 20:09:07

Today's food:
B - 2 weetabix (heb) and a banana
L - ham and cheese salad (hea)
D - sausages (3.5syns) mash, mixed veg, onions and gravy (2syns)

Just having an orange options (2syns) and a muller light

BadRoly Tue 12-Feb-13 20:31:21

So I had 4 proper pancakes cooked in olive oil with probably a dessert spoon of golden syrup on each.

I have given myself 18 syns per pancake (as per little book thingy - medium pancake) and another 2 per dollop of syrup. So I make that an eye watering 80syns!!!! shock For 4 pancakes!!!! confused

Boy were they good though grin

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 12-Feb-13 23:49:21

18syns a pancake?? That cant be right - for flour egg (free) and whatver the other Ingredient is can you tell blondes isn't a tosser grin

Maybe use oil for a b?

fruitpastilles Wed 13-Feb-13 08:22:12

Hmmm what to have for breakfast? Weetabix or a big grill up?

BadRoly Wed 13-Feb-13 08:24:27

Blondes - it lists pancakes and Yorkshire puddings in the back of the SW book. I was shock as well sad

BadRoly Wed 13-Feb-13 09:57:19

1.5 off smile

Very happy with that. Very happy grin

KissMyGrits Wed 13-Feb-13 12:00:57

3lbs off for me this week, that makes it 1 stone 3lbs total over 6 weeks. I'm really pleased with that! 8lbs to go until my BMI is in the 'healthy' range again.
We skipped pancakes last night but I'm going to give syn free pancakes a go during half term.
Got a jacket cooking right now to have with tuna, my favourite lunch!

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 13-Feb-13 14:58:43

well done roly and kiss for loss's

i wi on friday, with a vd meal tomorrow its not gonna look good lol - went to M&S and got their meal for £20 - fab food - willpost my menu tomorrow and watch you lot drool grin

today

b fruit and yog
l spag bol - cheese a
t pork chops, mash and veg

s crisps 4, yog 1,

ThatBintAgain Wed 13-Feb-13 16:52:32

Badroly - that's not right for pancakes, I think they're 8 each and that's if you're not using any HEs in there, so if you used your milk from allowance they'll be even less...

Crap week. I got ill and didn't eat for 3 days after being on plan brilliantly, AND PUT ON HALF A POUND. God knows how that works. So I thought sod it and have eaten cadburys creme eggs and pancakes. Back on plan tomorrow...

iklboo Wed 13-Feb-13 19:32:49

Sausage, mash & onion gravy tonight. 2 syns as it was 1 syn owe sausage & then gravy granules. Milk for mash from my HE(A). If I'm hungry later on I'll have bacon & half a tin of tomatoes with toast from my HE(B).

Just had gnocchi bake for dinner, from one of the recipes on the website - was very nice actually; don't think I've ever had gnocchi before.

Am going to miss WI tomorrow unfortunately as we have a blocked drain and I need to wait in for the water company. Gutted as I was hoping to hit my first stone loss - can't make any other other meetings either sad

Ah well, will Keep Calm and Optimise and hopefully will see a good loss next week smile.

Well done to everyone that's lost and hang in there to anyone that's struggling.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 13-Feb-13 23:44:05

I love gnocchi - was the recipe please

Bint - maybe your body thought it was starving by not eating/being ill so that's why you gained?

Oh has lost 7 lbs in last 2 weeks and he's not even doing sw - eats some of the meals with me and then eats choc - Ice cream - crisps - cheesey garlic bread

Not fair sad

fruitpastilles Thu 14-Feb-13 09:17:12

A pound off this week grin
So thankful after mammoth Sunday smile

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 14-Feb-13 14:33:30

well done fruit smile

Me23 Thu 14-Feb-13 14:42:41

Well done on the losses! I weigh in tonight will let you know later.
B-2 weetbix (b) milk (a)
L- pasta with tomato and veg sauce. Ww Greek style yog free & yummy!
D- as it's wi night and valentine will be treating ourselves to Indian takeaway with pancakes for dessert (2 days late) didn't want to ruin my chances of weight loss by treating myself on tues.

fiventhree Thu 14-Feb-13 17:15:24

Hi all, please can I join?

Doing SW second time around. I lost 3 st 4oz last time, five years ago, went from an 18 to a 10 in dress size. I now need to lose 2 stone, as I have let it slip back on.

I did a search on this thread as I couldnt remember curry recipes, and saw alot of you using curry paste. Curry can be syn free.

If anyone is interested, the basic curry recipe is 2 tsp turmeric, 3 cardamom pods, 1 x 2.5cm/1in piece cinnamon stick, 4 cloves, 1 tsp ground coriander, 1 tbsp peeled and grated root ginger, 1 tsp ground cumin, ½ tsp mild chilli powder, 3 garlic cloves, crushed.

I tend to use ground cinnamon. Also, most types of curry from what I remember are a varied mix of these basics.

Because Im lazy, I often grind a heap of spices (its nearly as good to buy them ready ground, but they dont last as long), and then have them in little jars for when I need them.

The trick is to frylight onions, add this mix, cook for 2 minutes, add meat or fish, cook a bit longer, add stock and/or tinned tomatoes and whatever veg. Then cook. Add fromage frais or yoghurt if you like it creamy, at the end.

iklboo Thu 14-Feb-13 18:03:46

Can I please ask a stoopid question? Roughly how much weight loss is a dress size?

KissMyGrits Thu 14-Feb-13 19:41:09

At my height 5'2 its about a stone I think? I actually don't know but I probably should have been a 14 , lost a stone and now a comfortable 12.

beanandspud Thu 14-Feb-13 20:45:41

Evening all!

Just checking in, welcome to those that have joined us, hope that you're all having a good week.

It's been an odd week for trying to follow SW plan as have been away with work (again! sad)! Really struggled in the hotel where the only non-meat dinner option was risotto and lunches were sandwiches, chips and deep fried 'buffet-type' food. Managed to resist the puddings, pastries and biscuits though so perhaps not a total disaster.

Not expecting much at WI tomorrow sadly.

Today has been much better...

B - Fruit in car and two babybel (heA)

L - Salad with salmon

D - Enormous tuna pasta bake thing with homemade sauce and vegetables. Syn-free apart from a small amount of grated cheese and very yummy.

Have had more fruit and muller yogurt as snacks. Just debating whether to have a glass of Valentine's wine...

This thread is not accepting new messages.