Anyone else doing slimming world?

(1000 Posts)
me23 Fri 04-Jan-13 07:43:15

Hi all, I joined slimmig world yesterday as I finally ready and motivated to get this weight off. Anyone else? Is there a support thread for those following slimming world? As I couldn't see one on here. If not anyone interested in helping to support each other here?

Sunflower101 Fri 08-Feb-13 13:43:06

Lots of fab losses on here. Well done everyone. I had my WI last night, lost 3.5 lb. woo hoo! That's 8.5lb in two weeks , was slimmer of week and had 1/2 stone certificate as well. I think it helps that I really feel motivated this time to lose weight to then fit back into my pre pregnancy clothes, was pregnant this time last year and had baby in sept. DH is also losing weight with me on this diet although not going to SW with me. He's also lost about 8lb so he is well pleased.

gofaster Fri 08-Feb-13 22:11:09

blush 1LB on for me this week (week 3 so that's a stunning total of 1lb and nearly £15 for the pleasure if you count the fees lol).

No surprise as i have been faffing about with it totally and today was a bit of a wake up call. there was a woman there that joined the same week as me and she had lost 8.5lbs altogether. She was a bit miffed that she had only lost 1.5lbs today angrygrin
Anyway she was going on about how EASY it is and how much she is enjoying all the food and just using her syns on wine and I thought - yes, that is the attitude to go with. All i've been thinking is can't have that, really fancy that, f* it I'm having that instead of what you;re like if you do S World the first time which is Woah you can have all that food, seriously and still lose.

So Socks up and starting again. Holiday next week so looking to surprise the leader in 2 weeks and get going with this thing!! <stern talking to face>

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 08-Feb-13 23:19:32

Well done bean and sunflower smile

Aww go faster - I do think you need to eat your Syns or at least have 70 over the week. Don't deprive yourself

iklboo Fri 08-Feb-13 23:23:27

Just made myself mini pizzas:

60g wholemeal roll (healthy option)
40g low fat cheddar (healthy option)
Tablespoon of mild salsa
Slice of smoked ham
Handful of sweetcorn

Split & toasted the roll. Spread it with the salsa. Added the cheese, ham & sweetcorn. Back under the grill till the cheese is melted. Only 1/2 a syn!

KissMyGrits Sat 09-Feb-13 08:23:17

iklboo that sounds lovely, I'm going to try that this week.

Blondes Thanks for the advice, it made me feel less guilty about the 10 syns I had yesterday, mainly thanks to a large glass of wine!

KissMyGrits Sat 09-Feb-13 08:25:44

Also, I tried the chicken curry and pilau rice from slimming worlds best ever recipes cookbook last night, it was AMAZING!

buzzgirly Sat 09-Feb-13 11:55:15

Ikboo that sounds good, my dcs would love those.

Well after my great weight loss on Monday, my week has gone down hill including a steak baguette, cakes and an Indian takeaway!

Back on it today to salvage my previous weight loss.

How is everyone else doing?

Me23 Sat 09-Feb-13 19:02:04

I lost 1.5 lbs this week got my half stone award after 5 weeks it so unfair most new starters have their half stone award in 2 weeks but it's coming off so slowly for me and I've been following the plan properly (bar my birthday week) one of the new joiners lost 8.5lbs in her 2nd week! I don't know why im not losing more I wanted to be under 11 stone by my sons 2nd bday but thats not going to Happen now would need to lose 13 pounds in 5 weeks.

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 09-Feb-13 23:24:57

Some of us are slower in losing weight me grew its unfair and sometimes disheartening when we lose a lb and others lose 4/5 a week

Havnt been that good today - was oh birthday so went out for breakfast and just had a kebab

But still within my 105 syns

laughalot Sun 10-Feb-13 13:37:27

2x glasses of baileys
2x glasses of wine
Beef in blackbean sauce
Handfull of chips
egg fried rice
bacon and egg sandwich this morning on white bread cooked in oil
=================================

a really bad day and morning grin

beanandspud Sun 10-Feb-13 14:25:21

I too had a disastrous day yesterday sad.

Went to see friends for dinner - think lovely home cooking with creamy sauces, beautiful home-made dessert, chocolate, wine...

We had a great time so determined just to write it off as a bad day and get back into it today. So far...

B - Fruit and yogurt
L - baked potato and beans
D - not sure yet as will be away tonight but planning to pick up salad and fish or similar on the way.

Have packed muller lights, fruit and Alpen bars for the next couple of days as I will be staying in a hotel where it's hard to find healthy snacks.

Can I join you? I had been starving on weight watchers since dc3 was born end Oct, joined slimming works last Saturday and really enjoyed eating this week and lost 3 lbs!! Within a stone to goal now which is fabulous smile

sunnyshine Sun 10-Feb-13 18:03:35

Oh dear I've been bad.hmm Ate a coco pops cake made by my dd. how many syns do you think?

needstodiet Sun 10-Feb-13 20:05:50

Can I join in too for help and tips pls?

Started SW just over a wk ago and lost just over half a stone at my first weigh-in smile

Long way to go.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 10-Feb-13 21:47:07

Welcome newbies smile

Bean / good snacks. Can you take fruit as well or mugshots?

Laughalot sound a yummy bad day

Been good today

Cooked oh a fry up in oil and had none my self for breakie

B fruit song yog 1
L tuna risotto and veg and sc lite 1
T cheats veggie pasta

Grapes and yog

BadRoly Sun 10-Feb-13 21:48:25

Welcome new people grin I can't remember names/check back as on the phone, so sorry to be rude!

I have had a bizarre weekend syn wise including (I think) 42 syns in one day shock but the rest of the week has been ok so I'm hoping to claw back the syns tomorrow and Tuesday to stay near to 105!

I have discovered the joy if chamomile tea - it's lush! I went to black coffee when I first started but find it too much in the late afternoons/evenings. It's so exciting to have something new AND nice wink

fruitpastilles Mon 11-Feb-13 08:13:01

Morning all! Had a teeeeeeerrible day yesterday! Going to draw a line under it and start again today. I won't even tell you what I eat as its too embarrassing lol!
Just had 2 weetabix made with water for breakfast (heb) and a banana.
Lunch will be a ham salad and dinner will be chilli, just a bowl of chilli, no rice.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 11-Feb-13 09:39:44

fruit - come on share your syns and tell us what you ate that was so bad, nothing could beat my 250ish syns of last week grin

and weetabix and water sad use your a or syn 100ml think 1.5syns is skim

b magic pancakes, fruit
l rice and salmon and veg
t something with mince, either spag bol or lasgane

sunnyshine Mon 11-Feb-13 10:15:32

1lb off! Slow but steady smile

fruitpastilles Mon 11-Feb-13 10:20:15

Blondes I always have my weetabix with hot water anyway, it's how we used to have it when we was little so I'm used to it lol.

Ok so went out for lunch and had chicken wings to start (think they are deep fried) had about 10!!!
Then had a Sunday dinner, lamb shank and all the trimmings.
We went out quite early for lunch so was hungry again by about 6 so had a large Big Mac meal from macdonalds and then scoffed some Terry's all gold chocs (still left from Xmas)
Oops! No more syns for me this week, not that it will make up for it lol, I need no more syns for about a month with all that haha

KissMyGrits Mon 11-Feb-13 11:48:47

Fruit Yum!
I always have a bit of an off day at the weekend when I have 15-20 syns, but I'm really strict during the week.
For some reason I'm desperate for a Greggs sausage roll at the minute though. I won't give in, I won't!

BadRoly Mon 11-Feb-13 12:32:51

Afternoon smile

I realised yesterday evening that I'd forgotten both my HE A&B so had a treat if cheddar cheese and 2 hifi bars for supper. Rock and roll.

Feeling far more full of energy at the moment so something must be working there too!

sunnyshine Mon 11-Feb-13 12:46:19

What's a hi fi bar? What cereal bars are a h "b". Am eating alone light ones but wondered if there are others or cheaper ones :-)

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 11-Feb-13 16:03:16

not all light bars are b's- they need to have enough fibre in them to count

i cant find a list of which ones are free - will ask on sw fb site for you smile

the hifi are sw own ones and seem can only be brought from a club not online

BadRoly Mon 11-Feb-13 16:29:57

It says on the box they are HE ? I have rocky road and caramel & chocolate smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.