Anyone else doing slimming world?

(1000 Posts)
me23 Fri 04-Jan-13 07:43:15

Hi all, I joined slimmig world yesterday as I finally ready and motivated to get this weight off. Anyone else? Is there a support thread for those following slimming world? As I couldn't see one on here. If not anyone interested in helping to support each other here?

beanandspud Sun 03-Feb-13 20:14:27

Don't be too hard on yourself Blondes, it's the getting back to plan today or tomorrow that matters rather than giving in.

Tiger where are you going on holiday? Is it going to be possible to eat lots of fish/chicken and salad and save your syns for wine and icecream or a fondue and pizza sort of holiday (rather more challenging?). I usually find that if I can start the day with plenty of fruit (or beans, mushrooms, boiled egg, tomatoes if a cooked breakfast) and then have a lightish lunch I don't do quite so much damage. My downfall is hotel croissants/pastries at breakfast - it goes downhill pretty fast after that.

Badroly. What sort of things do your children eat usually? Would they eat fish pie, curries/chilli, frittata, casseroles, pasta and sauce? All have SW versions or I can send you some recipes if it helps?

Have had a better day today...

B - All Bran and banana with skimmed milk
Snacks - fruit, muller yogurt
L - Jacket potato and beans
D - SW cannelloni with spinach - surprisingly tasty even when made with cottage cheese which I was a bit sceptical about.

Had a tiny piece of DS's birthday cake and managed not to demolish half the cake which I would normally have done blush.

Going to have a wine later but saving it up!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 03-Feb-13 20:40:32

i know girls, but you didnt see me

i gorged sad

but now have 4 days to try and right the damage i caused

i also do tons of things with mince - lasagne, shepherds pie,chilli

but also do

pasta in tom sauce with prawns/chicken
salmon and rice
diet coke chicken
omlette/quiche
fish pie
chicken pie
casserole

tigerdriverII Mexico Sun 03-Feb-13 20:44:20

Hi beanandspud: Iceland. So there will be lots of seafood, lamb and yoghurt. I think it should be ok, I can avoid rich sauces, and hopefully there'll be low fat breakfasts etc. I can't wait!!!!

BadRoly Sun 03-Feb-13 21:57:55

Beanandspud - they are pretty good so our standard meals are:
Cottage/shepherds pie, chilli, spag bog, carbonara, tuna pasta bake, chicken curry, fish pie, plain fish, meat and 2 veg meals, sausage and mash.

Casseroles are not popular - the big 2 really are not keen on slow cooked veg. None of them like visible onion hmm. They all like eggs but in different forms angry.

I think I am just bored. Because dh is away Mon-Thurs I don't tend to experiment too much as they are better at trying new stuff when we are both there. I'm sure I'll snap out of it tomorrow grin

BadRoly Sun 03-Feb-13 21:58:42

What is diet coke chicken please?

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 03-Feb-13 22:37:11

Bad roly / off the top of my head as I'm working

Fry light chicken cut into peices

Then add a can of diet coke - I actually prefer Pepsi max - add 2/3 tablespoons passarta - Worcester sauce - stock cube - and simmer

Many add 5 spice Chinese but I don't

Add veg and bring to boil and simmer - takes 30/40mins to reduce and goes stickish like BBQ sauce

I chop onions peppers baby corn courgette carrot and then Have on top of noodles

Trying to think if I've left something out

Google sw diet coke chicken

Tbh most recipes can be found like that smile

WishYouWereMine Sun 03-Feb-13 22:50:58

Sweet and sour was delicious, and 14 month old DD loved it too! Although as usual I cocked up the rice. I am terrible at cooking rice. Is boil in the bag rice free?

Haven't been very good today, started off well then went gradually downhill...

B - Weetabix with SS milk and sugar, muller light strawberry - 1 syn.

L - Jacket potato with beans.

D - Chinese takeaway blush (to be fair, the electricity was out so I couldn't cook anything, and thought it would be the best takeaway. I didn't have too much... and I probably had enough syns to cover it if you take it over the week.

Then had some cake.. a little bit which I shared with DD. And another puddingy thing which involved cream and biscuit type thing. Eek.

On the plus side.. I dug out some jeans which didn't fit and..... I'm wearing them right now! They're a bit on the snug side (have a wee bit of a muffin top) but they are on and done up! Wahoo!

BadRoly Sun 03-Feb-13 22:59:30

Brilliant, thank you. We'll be trying that this week!

sunnyshine Mon 04-Feb-13 07:30:22

So just weighed myself at home as not going to group and I've lost 1.5lb in my first weeksmile. Would like to have lost more but a loss will do!

sunnyshine Mon 04-Feb-13 18:34:37

Did I kill the thread hmm

no you didnt only i do that grin. 1.5 is good, keep going and well done, tongiht despite being of halo eatingness today dh came in and found the sealed victoria chocolate biscuits and opened them shock and.... i had 2! I am so gutted in fact now i want a cup of tea and another 2 to dunk in blush

BadRoly Mon 04-Feb-13 20:01:55

Hi Sunny smile well done on 1.5. A loss is a loss and no you didn't kill the thread!

I haven't had much appetite today- lunch really was just fruit and veg. And I have munched carrots all afternoon. About to have a jacket with prawns and cherry toms but don't really fancy it confused

Evening all

Well, think I was a couple of syns over yesterday (can't remember as DS not sleeping well and I'm suffering from sleep deprivation!).

Also 2.5 syns over today as needed chocolate and caffeine to keep going at work due said sleep deprivation!

B - 2 x weetabix with milk (healthy extras), a mullerlight
S - banana, wafer thin ham, mullerlight
L - 4 x ryvita, cottage cheese with sweet chilli (6 syns for the ryvita)
S - mullerlight, a strawberry, an apple
Choc - Dark Choc Kit Kat (5.5 syns)
D - cheesy tuna pasta bake (6 syns)

Still, not the end of the world and probably won't make the difference between a loss or not, as long as I'm on plan for the next few days before weigh in.

sunny- well done on the loss, great start.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 04-Feb-13 21:54:01

wishyou batchelors rice in packets is free, chicken one nice - fab in smaller jeans

sunny well done on loss

noyou bad girl having choccy biscuits, and bad dh!! grin

have tried to be so good and had 0 syns today as sooooooooo bad at the weekend - forgot i also have choc, as well as white bread, cheese and wine blush

b fruit
l salmon and rice and veg
t chilli prawn linguini with onions, courgette, toms and baby corn

mugshots

laughalot Mon 04-Feb-13 22:00:36

Well done evryone iv had a fantastic week lost 5lb I have been really really good though so that is 1 stone 1lb in 4 and a bit weeks yay !!!!

b wheetabix
l homemade soup, fat free yoghurt 2 x plums
d chicken and prawn stirfry and a kit kat another plum as well smile

seriously grin grin grin do you think you can have too many muller? my fridge is heaving with them too, i am trying to cut down but tonight fell in love all over with vanilla on fruit of course!grin

as for my two biscuits my AF has just arrived so feel its justified now smile

BadRoly Mon 04-Feb-13 22:25:02

Wow! Well done laugh a lot grin

androbbob Mon 04-Feb-13 22:39:48

Breezing in with a little half pound loss today - not the best, but not a STS or gain! At this rate it will be Summer 2014 before I am thinner! Was TOTM so that may have had an effect.

Had appt today for my diabetic review and my levels are raised above the threshold, so have to go back in 3 months and if still raised, will be given tablets. Tyhroid playing up too - these are linked. So may be tablets for that as well. I will rattle I think.

Time to have a few weeks sugar free (completely) and see if that shifts any weight.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 04-Feb-13 22:48:45

laughalot well done. Amazing loss in 4 weeks. Puts my 6lbs to shame sad

androb it's a loss well done smile

And yes technically allowed as many ml as you like but guessif you ate 10 a day you would gain weight

Tindertree Tue 05-Feb-13 11:53:00

Hello all, welcome new people and well done on losses and sts (sustainability!)

I have sts this week too, but astonished not a gain after a rather erratic week of too many syns. On the plus side, I did make choices within my splurge to minimise the damage, and whereas usually I would now give up, I got back on the scales this morning and am here posting and thinking positively about staying on track. The thread is working grin

So, 5 lb loss in total, 1 1/4 a week average, aiming to get that up to 1 1/3.

laughalot Tue 05-Feb-13 12:06:35

Blondes I do have a lot to lose though mate chin up !!!!!!! Keep going ladies a few 1lb off is better than a few on smile

Just a quick update all lost 4.5lbs last night and got my half stone award - thats 9.5lbs in four weigh ins which I am pleased with.

laughalot Tue 05-Feb-13 13:28:36

Well done smelly smile

gr8kids Tue 05-Feb-13 15:47:45

We going out for my daughters eighteenth tomorrow to an Indian restaurant. So I've been looking what's best for my SW diet. Thinking Biryani Will be best because its not fried or full of creamy sauce. Do you think that's right choice? Also does anyone know how many syns are Birds Eye cod fishcakes please?

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 05-Feb-13 16:32:50

tinder well done for sts

smelly fab loss envy

b yog and fruit
l spag bol a la spinach
t sweet pot and chick pea curry and rice

both lunch and tea have tons of superfree veg in them smile

woeking tonight so instead of eating choc biscuits sad i plan to have a mugshot (again)

This thread is not accepting new messages.