Anyone else doing slimming world?

(1000 Posts)
me23 Fri 04-Jan-13 07:43:15

Hi all, I joined slimmig world yesterday as I finally ready and motivated to get this weight off. Anyone else? Is there a support thread for those following slimming world? As I couldn't see one on here. If not anyone interested in helping to support each other here?

sunnyshine Fri 01-Feb-13 22:54:59

Thanks blonds! I could kiss you!! Looking forward to eating lots of Turkish delight muller lights then!

buzzgirly Sat 02-Feb-13 08:17:23

Hi everyone, ok if I join? I started SW 2 weeks ago, my first weigh I'd lost 3.5 lbs but I'd had a few slips. I have been much better this week so hoping to have lost the same. I want to lose 3.5 stone altogether, so got a long way to go.

Have you tried many of the SW recipes? We had chicken curry last night, it was lovely. The chilli beef noodles are good too - anyone got any other good ones?

sunnyshine Sat 02-Feb-13 11:10:44

Buzz we had salmon fish cakes last night with salsa and they were lovely too.

WishYouWereMine Sat 02-Feb-13 12:16:15

We're having the sweet and sour chicken tonight - will let you know how it goes.

gr8kids Sat 02-Feb-13 12:48:18

Hope this isn't a cheeky thing to do but can anyone please explain the whole green and red day thing of how Slimming world work? I live in Gibraltar at the mo with my hubby in the army and there isn't a SW nearby. Also I know I can do this online but seriously do not have the money for it. I have picked up a couple stone and really need to lose it. My confidence is rapidly dissappearing. I eat healthily and relax a bit on weekends with the family. I'm into my excercise and do a 5 mile brisk walk twice a week or a fitness dvd. I've had quite alot of hassles with my ovaries (long story) but this in turn means I'm picking up weight due to my problems and the medication. I decided about a month ago to stop all medication and am now medication free and feeling good for it. I need to lose this weight. Please can anyone help me? Need a SW diet plan on a budget. TIA

littlemefi Sat 02-Feb-13 14:37:55

Hi all, not having a bad day today!

B baked beans on toast and a banana

L syn free broccoli soup

D having DH's sis and her partner over so planning a SW feast...
Syn free carrot and coriander soup ( with garlic bread for everyone else), chicken breasts stuffed with quark flavoured with garlic and spring onions, SW roasties and veg, and for pud found some choc puddings on the SW website you can do in the microwave, maybe serve with low fat custard?

Oh and have had an alpen lite bar and going to have some fruit now to stave over hunger pangs!

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 02-Feb-13 15:27:38

Being a bad blondes

Wine white bread an cheese

gr8kids without joining i got a friends old book - acn a friend perhaps post you one? I have been good today.

DD made me scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast then i had carrot and lentil soup for lunch and still fee full. My sil has loaned me a stack of recipe books and tongiht its bacon and butternut risotto for tea though im chucking some chicken in as well to keep dh happy but its still free on EE. DH did the shopping yesterdy and bought a laod of muller rice in error grrrrrrrrrr so i ahd to go back and buy a load more light normal yogs today - our fridge is heaving grin

laughalot Sat 02-Feb-13 17:05:31

gr8kids can you not get the book off ebay ? It is way to complicated to explain smile

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 02-Feb-13 17:58:32

Roughly

Green was carbs and no protein aka meat

Red was protein and no carbs

Ee is both combined and each meal can have everything if you want plus 1/3rd superfree

my risotto was a hit with all except the six year old who threw a wobbly over it!! it did take ages to do and found preparing the squash a pain , i now have half of a squash left to do something with . so it was nice but we won't be having it again sad

tigerdriverII Sat 02-Feb-13 20:28:15

Hi all

Hoping for reasonable weight loss this week.

Today
B 0% yog, blueberries, banana

L pasta, 6 laughing cow lights (hea), 0% yog, satsumas and a banana

Snacks: wine and champagne (DS's team won their (tiny) league)

D (prospective): roast chicken, all the trimmings, loads of vegall no syns on EE

So, as usual, the only syns are liquid....

androbbob Sat 02-Feb-13 20:36:34

Evening! Been a very busy week - busy in work and busy at home so not been on PC too much. Foodwise been ok this week, but suspecting I will be joining the STS club on Monday. Its that TOTM though, usuallt eat loads of rubbish, but reined it in towards the back end of this week. Been full of cold all week and bad cough, which made me not want to follow plan too well. However feeling better now and managed two gym sessions on Thurs and Fri as well. Will be swimming in the morning when the kids have their lesson.

Just need a good eating day tomorrow - light and low and plenty of superfree!

Evening!

Slightly over syns today due to a gathering to watch the first two Six Nations matches.

B - 2 x weetabix with milk, a mullerlight and a cuppa (no syns - healthy extras for the cereal and milk)

L - 2 x SW Scan Bran thingies (god, they're horrid, but I need to get them used) with cottage cheese with piri piri (2 syns)

S - wafter thin ham, banana

Drinkies - 3 x Becks Blue (7.5 syns)

D - chicken vindaloo with boiled rice from takeaway (8 syns - possibly more as their portions are quite large)

So that's 17.5 syns - not too bad I guess.

Currently sat with a tub of syn free vanilla ice I made the other day. DH and I have been trying to chip away at it with spoons for about half an hour now. I've worked out why it's syn free - you can't bleedin' get a spoon in it to eat it once it's frozed grin

Made the Bailey's dessert things yesterday - very nice; worth the 4 syns I reckon, especially as dinner was lamb rogan josh with rice and mangetout so syn free other than the dessert.

frozen, not frozed. Jeez.

beanandspud Sat 02-Feb-13 21:30:16

Good evening!

Have had a good week but have just had a takeaway curry and a couple of glasses of wine for the first time since starting SW. Not going mad but...

gofaster Sat 02-Feb-13 21:31:59

Wow SSCheddar your tea yesterday sounds lovely!

Been a rubbish day here eating wise but another pound off this week to make a grand total of TWO POUNDS !! (woo hoo, I'm not jealous or the 4 and 5lbers a week at class no siree gringrin)

Keeping on though, and def need to be a bit stricter. Especially on days when I'm running or cycling because I feel really hungry so need to fill up on superfree/free instead of junk

Have menu planned again for this week and considering dropping bread during Lent as well because I'm doing EE at the moment but I lost quicker first time round doing red and occasional green. Anyone do a more old school approach?

Well done everyone though & its inspirational to see the menus. nicest thing we had this week was a big stir fry with leftover pork from sunday dinner plus shredded cabbage, carrot, pepper, mushrooms, spring onions, garlic, chilli, lemon juice, ginger soy and served with brown rice ...yum!

I have been for a run today with dd - my legs are like jelly! She had far to much energy and talked all way round - i could have throttled her grin - anyway thought better do something extra been as though my WL has been piss poor! Today i had fruit and yogurt for breakfast so all free and then a veg caserole for dinner with some chicken in it so not actually veg and one yorkshire pud (quite large), anyway im thinking my chicken was a healthy b and i just need to syn the york pud then its pasta for tea which puts me in the clear with perhaps a banana for good measure and a bit more fruit.

buzzgirly Sun 03-Feb-13 14:45:52

Wishyouwerehere - how was the sweet and sour?

I have been having a really good week until today. Dh came back from shops with Boursin - I bloody love it. I have almost demolished the whole thing! I am so annoyed at myself - no will power at all.

I will be having risotto with lots of veg tonight and fruit for after.

BadRoly Sun 03-Feb-13 15:11:19

Afternoon smile

I had a treat at lunchtime today - warm (white) baguette with butter shock it was lush! I haven't worked out the syns though hmm I am treating it like having chocolate bar or something!

My justification is that if this is going to be a forever thing, nothing can be banned, but some things will just be occasional treats. No Yorkshires with our roast later though hmm

laughalot Sun 03-Feb-13 15:22:24

Hoping to have lost some tomorrow

b porridge/ss milk
l fat free yoghurt lots of fruit
d slimming world cheesy pasta bake 6 syns for cheese

kit kat later as well smile

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 03-Feb-13 18:59:00

well done everyone, all doing well

i have been so bad this weekend

'blondes goes to sit on naughty step'

so when i gain this week, do not feel sorry for me - well maybe a tad grin

just made the sweet potato curry and filled with onions/toms/courgette and peppers and will have with rice

so trying to get back on track

BadRoly Sun 03-Feb-13 19:44:27

Dh cooked a splendid SW roast this evening - so I pigged out on I've cream. Don't buy Lidl chocolate ice cream. It is too bloody tasty!

I have run out of ideas for menu planning this week. I just can't find any inspiration. I think we have exhausted mince for a week or so and it needs to be stuff 4 dc aged 3-11 will want to eat. Everything I think of is not SW hmm

BadRoly Sun 03-Feb-13 19:46:17

Blondes, don't beat yourself up over it. Feeling guilty won't help you and if this is going to be a change for life, you will have to accept that some days/weeks will involve eating foods off plan xx

tigerdriverII Sun 03-Feb-13 19:52:10

Not too bad a day today

B beans on toast (HEb)

Snacks: lots of fruit

L: pasta with mushrooms, cherry toms and spring onions, and a yoghurt (0%) sauce

Drinks: white wine, too many syns of course

D: chicken curry, rice, cauli and Bombay potatoes - all free on EE.

And a walk, about a mile or so, so not much but better than nothing....

Good luck everyone for next week. I'm off on my hols soon so need some inspiration for eating sensibly.....

This thread is not accepting new messages.