Anyone else doing slimming world?

(1000 Posts)
me23 Fri 04-Jan-13 07:43:15

Hi all, I joined slimmig world yesterday as I finally ready and motivated to get this weight off. Anyone else? Is there a support thread for those following slimming world? As I couldn't see one on here. If not anyone interested in helping to support each other here?

Well done imnotalimjim smile, id be made up with that too - what week you on?

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 22-Jan-13 19:57:12

noyou so deep fried chicken grin

little well done, a good days food

slim fab weight loss envy

my vegetarian meal curry is cooking, smells ok, but will it taste ok??

tigerdriverII Mexico Tue 22-Jan-13 19:58:33

Just back from my WI: 1lb off. Hooray! Not as spectacular as last week but still in the right direction and I have rather hit the wine and carbs since its been so cold. Running out of supper ideas, tonight we're having spag Bol, but can't think of anything tomorrow apart from veg soup, a bit boring. Any ideas gratefully received!

beanandspud Tue 22-Jan-13 20:23:57

Well done slimjim and tiger!

Blondes I do hope your curry is ok, I'm beginning to feel personally responsible for your dinner tonight grin. I think I must have googled the syns in curry paste as I can't find it in my book now, even better if it's 3 rather than 4?!

Tiger I have been working my way through old SW magazines as well as some of the recipes on the website. I think the variety is one of the reasons that I'm quite enjoying this diet - when I tried to low-carb last year I got very sick of fish and salad Every Single Night and ended up giving up through boredom. I've also just ordered a SW recipe book from Amazon in the hope of finding more meals - I love cooking which is probably what got me into this state in the first place.

tigerdriverII Mexico Tue 22-Jan-13 20:56:13

Oh, yes - I have the January magazine and haven't really looked at the recipes. Off to do some reading now, I like their ideas, and often find you can cut out a few syns along the way. Thanks!

Samnella Tue 22-Jan-13 20:59:41

Well done Imnotaslimjim

littlemefi your day sounded good.

noyouhavehadawee that cheesy dish sounds yummy. Probably the sort of thing I would love blush

Another OK ish day for me:

B- Branflakes, milk and banana (much more filling then porridge )

L - Jacket potato and beans.

S- Banana

S- Brioche roll and 2 x pancakes. 14.5 (hmmm not so good choices there then)

D - 2 slices of veggie pizza- 12

Peroni -4

What I have learnt - Don't pig out when I get home from work! I was hungry and stressed and just grabbed at what was in the shopping bag after flinging myself around the shops with the 2 children in two and fighting. If I had had fruit it would have been ok to have the pizza and beer. Total 30 syns so none tomorrow!

Hi all on phone so please bear with laptop on the blink, weighed in last night lost 3lbs in week two so am mega pleased. Thats 5.5lb altogether, must drink more water and try to up exercise. January is still dry for me but I may have to break that on the weekend for some champers as DH passed his finals exam today whoop.
grin

tigerdriverII Mexico Tue 22-Jan-13 22:16:24

Re our spag Bol, I remembered at the last minute that olive oil is a HEb: stirred some into the sauce at the last minute - delicious!

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 22-Jan-13 22:52:41

Well done tiger and orange

bean was weirdly nice. Actually got 3 portions out of it - froze 2 - oh didnt want grin so only 1 syn per portion

Ate 7.30pm as working tonight and has kept me full and havnt even looked at the biscuit barrel where I work smile

Chick peas are filling. May be adding them to many dishes - much to oh disgust !!!

I got the magazine last night as well, and have last months that i've barely looked at, so going to have a look for some recipe ideas! I did the steak and chips from the calander last week, that was lush!

You are all doing brilliantly, well done!

BadRoly Wed 23-Jan-13 10:06:32

No change! grin Which given my excesses over the weekend is a fricking miracle shock

I have bought the magazine so will be inspired...

Tindertree Wed 23-Jan-13 11:12:18

Well done slimjim, tiger and orange on your losses, and BadRoly on staying the same. Miracle here too, so an inspired week would make sure it doesn't catch up on us!

noyou, you have made me want a parma. Badly. <Sighs and looks at pan of lentil soup>

BadRoly Wed 23-Jan-13 13:56:06

Feeling motivated so I nipped into Asda and picked up a ransoms selection of veg - I've just sweated them in fry light, added a tin of tomatoes and a pint or so of Bovril, simmered for a bit then blitzed with the hand doodah! Lush warming soup - and loads so that's my lunches sorted for the rest of this week grin

Just a shame I crave a crusty roll smothered in butter to go with it... confused

We are all doing so well and I'm appreciating the support on here more than anywhere else - GO US! grin

tigerdriverII Mexico Wed 23-Jan-13 14:29:38

Well done all!

Anyone else finding that the cold weather is making them hungry? Delighted to find a bag of pistachios and realised that you can have 28 (count them!) as a HEb. I just feel like having a nice big cheese sandwich or something: and I've had a bowl of chili and grated cheese, and a satsuma, for lunch.....

Me23 Wed 23-Jan-13 14:52:47

Hi everyone wow loads of new people since I started this thread smile
Weighed in last week only lost half a pound sad weight loss going really slowly And I have been following the plan 100% weigh in again tomorrow if similar weight loss again think I may consider leaving Sw and trying weight watchers.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 23-Jan-13 15:19:47

me 1/2lb is still a loss, so well done - i was told to judge your weight loss over a month not week by week

ninjanurse Wed 23-Jan-13 15:59:12

Hello peeps, Im back again. Good to see people so motivated still. I had 3rd weigh in this morning and have lost 4 lb this week! I lost 3 lb first week and only .5 lb second week, so last week, I really upped my superfree and cut down on my carbs and have had a good result! 7.5 lb in 3 weeks, really pleased. Gonna have a sneaky choccy bar tonight as part of my syns and then carry on with lo carbing for another week.

Tindertree Wed 23-Jan-13 16:01:57

Yes, go us! grin

tiger I am ravenous - it's definitely the cold. It's so cold I'm wearing my dressing gown over my clothes (swiftly whipped off if anyone comes to the door,) and seem to have a mug of tea permanently on the go to distract from biscuits.

me, blondes is right, 1/2 off is 1/2 off - see how it goes month by month. Week to week, bodies (my body certainly,) can do funny things with water. Sometimes my apparent shrinkage and the scales seem remarkably out of sync.

Whilst we are all on the same plan, it's a pretty broad plan; different versions of it work for different people. Sometimes it just takes a few tweaks to work out which version works best for you. Stay!

Tindertree Wed 23-Jan-13 16:04:46

Wow ninja that's brilliant, well done!

ninjanurse Wed 23-Jan-13 16:11:19

Tindertree - Thanks. Youre right about different versions work for different people. Unlimited pasta, rice and potatoes is never going to get me skinny. I need to be careful with my carbs.

I Have been making some homemade soup like others up thread. Butternut squash soup is really easy to do and really filling for lunchtime with some fruit for afters.

laughalot Wed 23-Jan-13 16:25:40

Hi everyone I am a bit busy but weighed yesterday and I lost 3lb so that is half a stone in 2 weeks I am very smile.

Tindertree Wed 23-Jan-13 16:45:20

Whoop, well done laughalot, I would be very smile too!

beanandspud Wed 23-Jan-13 17:51:58

Well done to all of the Losers!!! gringringrin

oh i am utterly pissed off, i lost a whopping 30g not even half a pound and i have been am angel this last week!angry

Tindertree Wed 23-Jan-13 20:20:13

So that would be an average of 3 lb (and 15g!) a week so far then noyou ? grin Next week will be a loss for sure!

This thread is not accepting new messages.