Anyone else doing slimming world?

(1000 Posts)
me23 Fri 04-Jan-13 07:43:15

Hi all, I joined slimmig world yesterday as I finally ready and motivated to get this weight off. Anyone else? Is there a support thread for those following slimming world? As I couldn't see one on here. If not anyone interested in helping to support each other here?

beanandspud Thu 14-Mar-13 19:44:11

Funny sort of day.

Got distracted this morning and didn't get round to breakfast so had fruit in the car on the way to work.

Ended up at a Harvester for lunch and had the grilled salmon, new potatoes and salad bar with l/f dressing which I think is ok.

Had some yogurt and fruit for snacks and just having a medicinal glass of wine whilst DH cooks a mushroom and spinach pilaf thing for dinner.

Still full of cold though and feeling rubbish but managing to avoid the cake and chocolate that I really want in the hope of a loss tomorrow.

beanandspud Thu 14-Mar-13 19:50:35

Here is the mushroom and spinach pilaf recipe. It smells good, I took out half the butter and substituted with fry light spray to reduce the syns.

BadRoly Thu 14-Mar-13 20:13:19

Posting and running as have migraine coming on:

B- fruit salad, yogurt, herbal tea
S- banana, clementine, grapes, mullerlight, tea
L- curried parsnip soup, pombears (4.5) water, mullerlight.
S- pombears(4.5), 2xblack coffee, pickings at kids' McDs!!!
T- SW chilli, fromage fraud, 2x babybel (heA), Soecial K chewy bar (heB), water.

Guess the picking will put my syns up near 15 as I had a few fries and half if dc4's Mcflurey!

Sorry to post and run, vision going but wanted a record if today smile

tigerdriverII Thu 14-Mar-13 21:06:48

Ok, today

B: Hifi bar and fat free yog with blueberries

Snack 2 bananas 3 satsumas

L: lean roast beef with mixed salad - one or two items with dressing, would guess 2 syns

Pre dinner - v small glass of wine. Maybe 4 syns

Dinner: SW spag Bol with salad and Parmesan.

So even if I top up that glass - still only about 10 - 12 syns. Feels ok so far....

KissMyGrits Fri 15-Mar-13 08:06:29

Yesterday I had:

B: Weetabix (b) milk (a)
L: Fat free Supernoodles and turkey
D: Pork chop, potato, turnip, broccoli carrots

Snacks: banana and apple

Syn free day but the lunch wasn't particularly good, would have preferred a salad.

Hope you're feeling better badroly. Both of my kids are off with chickenpox today, there goes my quiet Friday!

KissMyGrits Fri 15-Mar-13 08:07:23

ooo! I probably had a Mullerlight at some point too.

ThatBintAgain Fri 15-Mar-13 09:37:36

beanandspud - Thanks fot that recipe, it looks lovely and is going on the list... grin

I seem to be managing to have 50% of my meals superfree so far this week and my head has clicked in so hopefully, finally there will be results at WI on Monday. Early sneak peak on the scales says am 2lbs down. but they are well known liars.

Samnella - I find when I don't measure it all goes to pot. You def need measuring spoons and scales...

BadRoly Fri 15-Mar-13 10:48:52

Morning smile

It's all going to go wrong today - I needed to make cakes for a cake sale at school today but didn't last night. I've just made them now - a tray bake and a brownie. There has been much spoon/bowl licking... That doesn't count right? wink

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 15-Mar-13 17:10:48

morning

i gained 1 lb - tbh i dont understand it, i have been so bad with

fri curry
sat champers and chinese
sun 3 course md meal
mon weather spoons meal
tue 2 sb and cheese lots of

so should have gained maybe 3/4lbs - maybe i will next week .........

but i needed a week off and have a binge so hopefully i will lose next week as plan to be back on sw again

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 15-Mar-13 17:36:07

actually make that 3 lbs gain lol - i cant add up, but still thats fine as been so bad

ooo well today i lost a bit of grams which made me exactly eleven stone now, so i have now lost ten pound. my bmi is 24.something, i think i want to be ten stone something grin

tigerdriverII Fri 15-Mar-13 20:49:28

Never mind blondes. You've resigned yourself to the gain and blimey you did go for it!!!

noyouhadawee. If you have a BMI under 25 you are officially not overweight! I need to get to 10.8 to be 25 BMI. I'd like to be 9.13, just so I am under 10 stone, but I haven't been that weight since my early teens.....

Today

B: leftover spag Bol and cheese, it was lovely!

Snacks: hifi bar and 3 satsumas

L: chicken, with mixed salad - possibly 1 syn for dressing

D: chicken curry, lentil curry, cauliflower and ginger, rice and a bit of salad

Drinks so far: three medium white wines (er 18 syns).

Won't have too much more... Hopefully fairly on track at the moment.

laughalot Fri 15-Mar-13 21:23:15

Hi everyone hope you are all well. Blondes think I may be joining you this week I have been so bad all helped along by the brownies I made for school for comic relief. I am not looking forward to monday morning weigh in !!!

BadRoly Fri 15-Mar-13 22:15:39

I know what you mean Blondes grin

Well today could have been far far worse...
B- bran flakes & milk (heA & B)
S- small but of brownie & sponge cake to test wink
L- jacket, cottage cheese, cherry toms
S- 2 small cakes from cake sale
T- SW chilli & rice, grated cheese, handful Doritos.

So I will have over synned but have been well under Weds & Thurs. I would guess cakes sizes to be similar size to MrKiplings (exceedingly small) slices...

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 15-Mar-13 22:40:54

noyou well done smile you dont need to do sw smile

b fruit and a sb (a) +4
l chicken and salad and salad cream (2)
t salmon and rice and veg

bugger havnt had my b but hey ho

KissMyGrits Sat 16-Mar-13 08:25:46

Well done noyou My BMI is 25.08, so close I think I'll be there in about 1.5lbs.

Tiger I'm the same being back in the healthy BMI range is 9st 10.5lbs for me but I'd like to be 8st 8lbs (BMI 21) which I haven't been since I was 18ish. Realistically I think I'll get to 9 stone and be happy with that, only want to lose the extra 6lbs so I've got room to gain on holiday!

Would it help anyone if we posted our stats? Then we'll all know how much we've got to lose and how far we've come. Also identify people in similar weight loss stages to us. I'll start with mine and try not to be to embarrassed if no-one else does it.

Start date: 2nd Jan
Height: 5'2
Start Weight: 11st 8.8lbs (BMI 29.5)

Target Weight: 8st 8lbs (BMI 21)
Target Date: May 27th

Current Weight: 9st 12lbs (BMI 25.08)
Weight loss to date: 1st 10.8lbs

So in about 10 weeks I'm over half way there. Realistically I'll be thrilled if I get to 9 stone by my target date which is in roughly another 10 weeks, I know my weight loss will slow down. In fact it already is but I think thats partly due to the fact I'm already relaxing my dieting standards!

Reading my stats has made me quite proud of how far I've come! I think we're all doing brilliantly, well done all!

laughalot Sat 16-Mar-13 08:54:35

Oh dear here goes

Started 7th Jan
Height 5.4
Weight 14st 5 lb
Bmi - 34.8 - eek

Ideal weight would be around 10 st something I have not really set a weight however we go on holiday in 16 weeks and I want to look and feel better we are going with 2 sets of friends and both my friends are slimmer than me so im trying my best to catch them up grin. My bmi for healthy weight is between 18.5 and 25.

16th March
Weight 12st 12
Bmi - 31
Weigh in is monday will be really angry with myself if I have gone back into the 13st mark had a bad week.

beanandspud Sat 16-Mar-13 09:32:11

WI this morning and lost 2lb smile. Total so far is 1st 1lb since 4th January.

I'm pleased with that, particularly since I had a curry at the weekend and have wine a couple of evenings.

I have 2.5 stone to lose to get to where I would like to be although it's been about 7 years since I was that weight. At the moment my first target is the next stone that will get me to my pre-DS weight.

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 16-Mar-13 12:38:27

well done bean

i need to ideally lose 2.5 stone - i had lost 10lbs - slow and steady, but after a week of being bad, i gained 3 lbs so back to 7lbs loss - half a stone which is pathetic, but totally my own fault, so i wont moan

KissMyGrits Sat 16-Mar-13 13:17:41

Well done Bean!

Blondes that's still half a stone lighter than you were when you started so well done!

Wow well doen bean! I know my bmi is safe now but it wouldnt take much to tilt it back, anyway as my reward i have been this morning and had my gait analysed and parted with a small fortune for soem decent running shoes - i am going to go out and find my running mojo back eek! Oh dh also bought me in fish and chips last night blush - to be fair i only had half a dozen chips but the cod was devine.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 17-Mar-13 17:39:32

so all good intentions yesterday and ate healthily

b fruit and yog
l salmon and rice and veg
t roll (b) with salmon smoked and cheese(a)

then out for friends 40th and did drink but avoided wine

'blonde polishs halo'

and had gin and diet coke, had think about 7 blush

today late breakie/more brunch

b/l white (6) sausages 3 (1.5) beans and bacon
t roast chicken, pots (4) yorkie (4) tons of veg

so syns for TODAY just under 15 so doing ok

androbbob Mon 18-Mar-13 06:10:16

Morning! Well I spent the first of my two nights in a hotel and avoided the wine that was free flowing and found some salad and couscous and pork for my dinner,but opps the dessert was lovely champagne and orange tort.

Got a busy morning but should be free from 2pm so planning to head off to the gym and pool for a workout.

Breakfast soon but should be SW friendly as long as avoid the pastries!!

Hope everyone has a good week.

beanandspud Mon 18-Mar-13 14:47:53

Well done Androbbob - I'm very impressed, I hope I can do the same tomorrow night...

Had an ok weekend - kept well within my syns food-wise apart from a small bowl of nuts on Saturday night when I got the munchies and yogurt/ryvita/fruit just wasn't going to do the trick! Had a few wine over the weekend but hoping that I can make good any damage over the next few days.

So far today I've had:

B - Fruit and yogurt
L - Baked potato with salmon and cottage cheese
D - Leftover chilli bean bake with rice (includes heA)
S - Alpen bars, lots of fruit.

Have a great week everyone - we're going to need a new thread soon!

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 18-Mar-13 14:54:35

well done androb

bean good menu

at friends tonight before work, said she would do fahitias and no oil

so chicken, peppers, onions and whatever a flour wrap thingy is

This thread is not accepting new messages.