Cambridge Diet 5 stone goal

(197 Posts)
Pompbear Wed 02-Jan-13 10:24:47

Anyone want to join me? I'm starting tomorrow. Have had great success on CD before but 2 babies and a hellish 2012 have led to a terrible weight gain.

I know some people disapprove, but it works for me. Previously I used it to lose weight and then maintained eating a healthy diet with plenty of protein, veg and occasional fruit and starchy veg, a bit of brown rice every now and then. Nuts, seeds, small amounts of dairy. It worked really well and I felt great for years. As soon as I started snacking on sugary crap because I was so stressed and upset, the weight piled on and I craved carby meals. I couldn't face my usual healthy , tasty meals which I previously really enjoyed. Totally vicious cycle. Anyway, the stress has gone and I'm determined to fix my weight and my health.

I want to keep this thread positive, motivational and free from talk of food and cheating!

Start weight 14.3 (yikes)

Pompbear Fri 03-Oct-14 08:19:32

and this one deleted

Purplehearts Sat 02-Mar-13 22:01:14

Hi, I would like to join, started Cambridge yesterday so have just completed day 2, felt ok today after having an awful headache and dizziness yesterday! I know the next 2 days are probably going to be very tough!

I have around 4 stone to lose, had dc3 6 months ago and am now the heaviest I have ever been, I feel like this is my last chance, have tried and failed to lose weight so many times since dc1 and hope this will work for me!! Good to read about everyone else's successes

AyeOopMoose Wed 27-Feb-13 15:02:55

Is anyone still here?

I'm really struggling. I've eaten a couple of times and am desperate to get back on track. I need some motivation and to know that there are others still at it!

AyeOopMoose Fri 22-Feb-13 14:33:44

I've just eaten a sausage. And a twix. FFS.

Am very cross with myself.

I am tired and DH has upset me for a variety of reasons. No excuses but I am such and emotional eater.

I'm posting this to draw a line under it.

Back on 100% as of now.

Pompbear Tue 19-Feb-13 17:08:35

I haven't disappeared, or stopped, just been low carbing for a few weeks as my CDC guy was on holiday and im really struggling with slim and save - the taste has got me a little. Now off with a chest infection so had a few sugary drinks to keep me going a bit as have been really quite poorly.

anyway, i don't think i've done any damage, i think I've lost a few extra pounds. I need to check MFP to see what my ast weigh in was.

now going to loo through the thread. hope everyone else is still going strong

busyhouseof8 Fri 15-Feb-13 11:44:42

Hi AOM.

Weighed in today and 12.8st on her scales (12.6st by mine). By her reckoning I lost 6lbs last week. Amazing what not eating does.

So that's 30lbs since 7th Jan. Not bad at all.

This time last year I was actually 16.7st so I am 4 stone lighter than then. Hooray - well on target to be 12.7st by the time I go to the Conference in Istanbul on 27th Feb.

I'll update our current weights on the list.

Pompbear(CD): 14.3st (3rd Jan) Goal = 9.3st
Sarayu(S&S) 16.1st (2nd Jan) Goal = 11.1st
Pink90 (CD) ?? (4th Jan) Goal = ??
ThePippy (LL) 17.7st (9th Jan) Current =15st 12lb Goal = 9.7st
Leelteloo (CD) 11.5st (3rd Jan) Current = 10st 8lbs Goal = 9.7st
Mamatwinnies (CD) size 18 (7th Jan) Goal = size 12/14
Namechangecity (??) ?? (7th Jan) Goal = lose 4st
MayTheOddsBeEverInYourFavour (S&S) ?? (4th Jan) Goal = ??
Cakehappy (CD) 13.3st (9th Jan) Goal = 10.3st
PortiaPony (W8) 12.12st (7th Jan) Current= 12st 5lbs Goal = 10st 9lbs
busyhouseof8 (CD) 14.10st (7th Jan) Current = 12.8st Goal = 11.5st
PootlePosyPerkin (S&S) ?? (10th Jan) Goal = lose 8st
TisILeclerc (S&S) 15.10st (11th Jan) Goal = lose 5st
DontForgetTheLightAlesLawrence (CD) ?? (11th Jan) Goal = lose 5-6 stone.
AyeOopMoose (S&S) 18.11st (11th Jan) Current = 16.13st Goal = 11st
clpsmum (??) 13.8st (11th Jan) Goal = 9.4st
LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance (S&S) 12.01st (24th Jan) Goal= lose 20lb

AyeOopMoose Fri 15-Feb-13 09:25:07

Yaaayyyyy!!!

16.13st that's 26lbs in 3 weeks actually 100% on S&S.

Next target is 16st, that will take my BMI from morbidly obese to just plain old obese wink

Busy, how's your weigh in gone?

Anyone else still here?

AyeOopMoose Wed 13-Feb-13 12:26:02

I'm still here!

Had to laugh busy, I know in the past when I've done VLCD I've prayed for a stomach bug! This time doesn't seem so bad though, but I am drinking loads of water. Don't risk going out-that's what online card sites are for!

I'm still doing OK. V grumpy at lack of pancakes yesterday but I consoled myself with the fact there will be other pancake days and I can be wearing a size 12 then!

My official weigh in is Fri too, so will post again then.

Keep going everyone, it will be worth it grin

busyhouseof8 Wed 13-Feb-13 12:02:21

Where is everyone? Are you all OK?

So I woke up at 4.00 this morning with the most unbelievable stomach cramps. Let's just say whatever bug I have means I'm no longer constipated....every cloud!

Was supposed to see CDC for weigh in this morning but have put it off till Friday. Husband has banned me from leaving the house and actually took the children to school before going to work. However, I still need to sort out Valentines card so I'm going to brave it. Immodium seems to have settled everything down, but what with that and CD I may not go again for a month!

Let us know how you are getting on. x

busyhouseof8 Mon 11-Feb-13 15:59:39

Hello all. Glad everyone's still here.

This week has been OK apart from eating (lots of) the chicken out of the chicken casserole I made on Saturday night.

I'm working at this conference at the end of the month and all the clothes I tried on out the wardrobe fitted but would look so much better if I was half a stone smaller! So why did I eat on Saturday???? So stupid. blush

Good news is that I bumped into someone I hadn't seen for a while in Sainsburys today and she said I looked like I had lost weight. Hooray!

AyeOopMoose Mon 11-Feb-13 09:57:36

Hello everyone!

I went away for the weekend and thought, well if I can't manage this, I'll just eat something but...I didn't. Really pleased with myself that I stayed focused.

Had a quick weigh today and I'm down to 17.4. It's a slog, it's boring but it's worth it.

busyhouseof8 (CD) 14.10st (7th Jan) Current = 13st Goal = 11.5st
AyeOopMoose (S&S) 18.11st (11th Jan) Current = 17.4st Goal = 11st

ThePippy Thu 07-Feb-13 09:11:10

Morning all. Well done to those who have got back on track. Had a bit of a blip myself yesterday. No idea where it came from (other than maybe time of the month and struggling with hunger all week, plus my scales at home not moving all week) but I ended up eating some ham initially (thinking this would have minimal impact) but that then led to me going all out and shovelling a couple of chocolate bars down!! Stupid too as I had my weigh in last night so what a crazy day to cheat!! Anyway luckily I still lost 2lbs taking me down to 15st 12lb now. Feeling more motivated today again so fingers crossed I can stick to it.

AyeOopMoose (S&S) 18.11st (11th Jan) Current = 17.12st Goal = 11st

AyeOopMoose Wed 06-Feb-13 20:43:39

Busy, that's great news. Just think even if it is the 3lbs and you do that again next week, that's almost half a stone in 2 weeks and if it's the 5lbs well.....grin

I'm good, had a slight wobble with the DDs fish finger left overs tonight but threw them in the bin before my fingers could stray.

In my view, meal replacements are the easiest or hardest diet, depending on where your head is. Fortunately at the moment I'm in a positive place. Feeling focused, in control and happy.

I think with everyday that passes my resolve to do this grows. I feel like one of those people in the weather houses, where as one goes in the other moves out. Fat me is slowly going and slim me is coming out thinks maybe the lack of food and toddler and baby have made me a bit confused today

Knowing you are all here and plodding on really helps too. Don't want to be left behind!

busyhouseof8 Wed 06-Feb-13 12:34:13

Forgot to update our list.

ThePippy (LL) 17.7st (9th Jan) Current =16st Goal = 9.7st

busyhouseof8 Wed 06-Feb-13 12:32:27

OK. So by my scales I'd lost 3lbs this week, but by CDC's it was 5lbs!

Either way I suppose it's not too bad and I did get to stare at her 1lb blob of replica fat on her desk and imagine at least 3 of those coming off me. Always good for a boost.

AOM - thanks for keeping me going the last couple of days. How are you?

busyhouseof8 Tue 05-Feb-13 19:25:14

AOM - thank you for giving me a boost.

We shall see what the weigh in brings tomorrow...

AyeOopMoose Tue 05-Feb-13 15:36:15

Busy- well done for getting back on. What I found before with VLCD is that one, maybe even two weeks I'd have a "low" loss (2lbs is still 2lbs) but then the next week I'd drop a big amount.

Also, I'm no scientist here, but when you eat after being on a VLCD your replenish your glycogen which is about 5lbs, so that may be some of it too.

Keep going grin

busyhouseof8 Tue 05-Feb-13 13:33:24

Hi AOM. Lamb definitely off the menu for the foreseeable. It is my kryptonite.

Back on the diet yesterday and today which feels better. But think I've only lost a couple of pounds again this week. Is this all worth it - can't I just lose a couple of pounds a week by eating less normal food?

AyeOopMoose Mon 04-Feb-13 19:23:16

Thanks Kirsty-it's nice to know there are people rooting for us!

busy how've you been today? I find it really hard if I eat something to get back on it the same day. Don't buy lamb in the future wink

Pippy as an only child, it's nice to have a twin! V exciting about your niece's wedding. Think what a pleasure it'll be shopping for an outfit.

Day 2 (again) has been tough...but I've done it. Yay!

CDCKirsty Mon 04-Feb-13 15:00:34

Hi everyone smile

Ive just found your thread and enjoyed reading all your posts!

Im a cambridge weight plan consultant based in Merseyside, just wanted to offer my support to anyone that may find it useful.

Best of luck!!

Kirsty x

busyhouseof8 Mon 04-Feb-13 12:26:27

Oh dear. Yesterday was not good for someone supposedly on sole source.

Took kids to McDonalds for a treat and I had a grilled chicken salad with a bit of balsamic dressing - ok I think as it's only about 150 cals.

Then...cooked a leg of lamb in the evening and had meat with some broccoli. I love lamb and just couldn't resist even though I knew I had already screwed up at lunchtime.

What do you reckon - am I doomed??

ThePippy Fri 01-Feb-13 20:20:08

Well done for getting back on track AyeOop, you were my diet twin (in terms of amount to loose) so pleased you are still in the game. We WILL get to goal, and it won't take that long on this plan.

I have extra motivation now as my niece just got engaged, so a family wedding is on the cards and I WON'T be the fat aunt on the photos!

AyeOopMoose Fri 01-Feb-13 14:09:06

Well done leelteloo. I plan on doing 5:2 when I get to my target.

Pippy amazing! I think we started about the same time but I've had a couple of wobbly weeks. It's really good to see your weight loss for my motivation- I don't want to leave restarting a few weeks and see that you've lost loads more and think that could've been me as well. It WILL be me as well grin

Restarted 100% today. Fortunately I can still remember how good I felt in that 1st week once I'd gone into ketosis.

Dreaded weighing today as I thought I'd put most of what I'd lost back on. Not as bad as I thought, put 4lbs on so that can be off in a few days. Aiming to tidy up that 12lbs this week to a round 17st (no pun intended!).

ThePippy (LL) 17.7st (9th Jan) Current =16st Goal = 9.7st
busyhouseof8 (CD) 14.10st (7th Jan) Current = 13.3st Goal = 11.5st

busyhouseof8 Fri 01-Feb-13 11:04:33

I'm still here - sticking in for the long haul. smile

ThePippy Fri 01-Feb-13 10:29:51

All gone very quiet on this thread!! Hope everyone is hanging in there!

I am STARVING today. Not sure why, but I am thinking about food a lot. I have started watching cooking programmes so I can drool over the food. Sick I know, but I can't help myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now