Anyone else got about 4 stone to lose and want a buddy?

(65 Posts)

That's it really. I have been overweight for a long time, have never tried to diet (for fear of failing rather than being happy with my weight). I have decided that enough is enough, and while I may well never be 'thin' I want to try and be a more sensible size by summer.

Motivation is a holiday in Sept and planning to TTC dc2 in summer.

Currently weight approx 14 stone, 5'3 and a size 18/20. I'd ideally love to be a size 10 but being realistic maybe a size 14 is a more sensible goal (see, setting myself up for failure already).

Not quite decided on my mode of attack yet, but as this is the first time I will have ever tried to lose weight I am going to succeed. I. will. succeed!

So anyone in the same boat and up for a bit of mutual motivation/hand holding?

I've lost just over a stone in 3 weeks. Still sticking to this miserable diet with the odd lapse, but nothing too serious. Quite proud of myself, though sick sick sick of soup and salad.

Trying2bMindful Mon 21-Jan-13 19:08:25

Well, another kilo lost! Down from 85 to 82kgs. Only 17 left to go!!

Out for dinner last night and had to buy a new dress as nothing in the wardrobe fitted sad a size 18 was needed sad sad

Probably the kick up the arse I needed though!
BuggyFit today was good. Looking forward to another session on Wed.

How is everyone else doing?

do you have any plans to start, I defunately found it useful to set myself a start date so I could just keep putting it off. so far so good.

Bowednotbroken Wed 16-Jan-13 22:42:47

I'm here but sorry to admit haven't managed to make any changes or lose anything yet! Always a reason (excuse!) to eat / have another glass....

well done trying2be, that's ace. it does (almost) make it worthwhile when you see a difference on the scales. I don't feel much different size-wise but that's prob cos I'm still pretty fat. hopefully by next week ill notice something.

no one would want to follow my diet, anyone who is on mfp with me will see my calorie intake is v low. not varying foods at all, just soup, salad and fruit. its shit, I would not advise it. but for me its psychological, I have never tried to diet before and needed something strict to sort of test my will power iyswim. don't know how long I can keep it up for tho, hopefully at least another week, then I think ill go onto a version of the alternate fasting type diet. I will need the thought of a treat to keep me motivated thro the starving days. I guess its about understanding your own brain and what will work for you. so for some its ww or sw, some its meal replacements, others its loads of exercise, for me its starvation and misery!

where IS everyone else, how you all doing?

Trying2bMindful Tue 15-Jan-13 23:59:44

Wow. Titty. That is brilliant. I've lost 2kgs since I started. Am just cutting out carbs on weekday evenings & only allowing myself alcohol at the weekend.
Go us!!!
I have started BuggyFit. 2nd session post Xmas tomorrow. I hope it is not too cold brrrrrr [shivering icon]

FanDanceLil Tue 15-Jan-13 22:10:28

Hi, I'd like to join you all for mutal support. I'm also 5'3" and around over 14 stones. Although Tittybojangles has a massive head start on me now. Love to know what changes you've made to lose the 9lb!!! Amazingly well done smile

just me talking to myself then? I LOST 9LB!!! grin

where is everyone?

come on in. these lot are probably out jogging or something grin

katkit1 Sun 13-Jan-13 17:58:43

Hi, i have 3 stones to lose after having a baby, I also have a great looking hernia been encouraged to lose weight and exercise before looking into having an op to fix it. Would love to join in.

how's everyone doing? I'm living on fruit, salad and soup. it is haaaaard. but so proud I haven't cheated at all! even felt guilty when my ds (2) fed me a small spoonful of his fish pie. I could murder some crisps now. I feel a bit like a crack addict wanting their next fix, sat on the sofa just thinking of food. but it does pass and I'm hoping I see some loss by wed to motivate me onwards.

the more the merrier! with regards to bf, you can diet, I think its only an extra 200 cals or something you need, but check out kellymom website, that might have some more info. if you use myfitnesspal to log cals as a few of us on here are I think it asks you if you are bf so takes it into account.

I'm not doing any extra exercise.... yet, just diet alone for now.

Trying2bMindful Thu 10-Jan-13 23:26:17

can i join please? I am 5'3 and weigh 85kgs (somewhere between 13 & 14st). I'd like to get to a healthy BMI so have to get below 10st. I am a size 14/16.
I'd like to be a 12 for my DB2's wedding in May. When DB1 got married I looked appalling in the photos.....
The only catch is that I have a 7 month old son and I'm BF. I dont know if it is possible to lose weight whilst bf - my body seems to be holding onto the fat.

I have idily looked at the CP25k stuff on MN today.... cheered by the fact that i have run recently. Twas the first time in 5 years. I felt great! I have joined a BuggyFit class at a local Park. I was advised to wear a feeding bra with a front fastening sports bra over the top. as I currently have a G cup I need serious engineering......
I found this bra <fanfare, drum roll>:
www.lessbounce.com/sports-bras-front-fastening/sportjock/sportjock-extra-zip_ct488bd213pd69.htm

it is AMAZING. Gawd, if only I had known about this when I was 16. I may have become a super model (a short one with boobs of course). How my life could have been altered. This Bra holds those babies so tight I definitely do not fear black eyes or shoulder strain!!!!

Anyway, watching this thread with interest. Are we going to do a weekly weigh in? Much cheaper than Weightwatchers!!

Bowednotbroken Thu 10-Jan-13 21:46:00

I'd like to join in as I'm 5' 9ish and over 15 stone. Had arthritis / fibro problems for @5 years now and seem to have put a stone on every year! Just dive into choc / wine as comfort food. Can't exercise easily as limp badly and have to use a stick, plus stamina issues due to fibro. So it is a question of will power.....

how's everyone doing? I've officially done 2 days now. and prob eaten less cals than I normally would in one evening. but I am hungry. I. will. not. fail.

right, d day tomorrow... wish me luck. very envy of all you finding the time, energy and motivation to exercise. I think I am going to see what diet does for a couple of weeks before I brave that.

borednotboring Tue 08-Jan-13 22:26:37

I went for a run at the gym at lunch time and faced the dreaded scales, I'm 14 stone 3, so need to lose at least 3 stone. I'm far better at exercising then I am at eating healthy

poachedeggs Mon 07-Jan-13 22:26:27

I've had a terrible day, won't go in to it but tomorrow is a new one and I MUST exercise lots in the morning!

Nice to see lots of others in the same boat smile

borednotboring Mon 07-Jan-13 21:51:02

Hello, can I come and join you. I need to lose about 4 stone (too scared to weigh myself), but will be somewhere around 14 stone, am size 16-18. I'm relatively fit, I go to the gym, but I just eat rubbish. I'm quite close to being able to run 5k. Am trying to reduce carbs, eat more protein. I've just got some more motivation, I've got a new job, will need to wear smart suits, and they will all fit a lot better if I lose a couple of starts, I have just under 3 months to do so.

I've got MFP, but I could never get the hang of it. I will weigh myself tomorrow and then get on with it

happygolucky0 Mon 07-Jan-13 21:45:23

hello all I have started low carb way of eating last few days. Drinking loads of water. I am on week 5 of the c25. Went for a run yestereday and WILL go again in the morning!! I am trying to convince myself as well as motivate you guys. Ok guys what exerise you going to be doing this week?

Madcaplady Mon 07-Jan-13 08:04:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mrsnec Mon 07-Jan-13 07:03:52

Good luck! I'm doing my weigh-ins on saturdays. Had a bit of a wobble with MFP though. When it told me my calorie deficit was going to slow down my weight loss it didn't do my motivation any favours but some nice helpful folks on the MFP support thread put my mind at ease. I've been very naughty & 'forgot' to take my nasty fat pill last night to see if I can get rid of the vile side effects. I decided that my MFP food diary will convince my doc I don't need them.

In further preparation for Wednesday I have also joined myfitness thingy.

mrsnec Sun 06-Jan-13 15:13:17

I've done it! The ap isn't great on my phone which isn't very smart so I haven't figured out how to add people yet. But I'm mrsnecincy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now