(476 Posts)
TaggieCampbellBlack Tue 01-Jan-13 06:54:40

16st 7

shock

momb Tue 08-Jan-13 14:23:15

Please may I join you? I weighed myself yesterday for the first time in over a year and gave myself a scare. I need to lose at least 4 stone...and still have lots of christmas goodies about the house.
I have signed up on MFP (though haven't worked it out yet) and had a positive start yesterday, but could really use some help to stay on track.

PuggyMum Tue 08-Jan-13 14:37:46

Welcome Momb! I'll add you to our list!! I've got 4st to lose too sad

I'm using ww - tracking for me really is the key!!

I'm about 13 stone , tall and I should be about 9.5 to 10.5.

I want to lose weight because I don't like looking the way I do. And secondly my doctor told me to because I have buggered my feet with the excess weight and it's really painful.

Exercise is going to be impossible because of feet pain - plantar fasciitis. And I have to lose weight slowly because of my medication for epilepsy.

Am going to joint Tesco weight lose on line but not until the weekend when all the Christmas goodies are gone smile.

TaggieCampbellBlack Tue 08-Jan-13 16:23:38

Good list Puggy.

My first week has been pretty good.
No wine shock
No bread shock
No cheese shock shock

Drum roll........

15st 13

That's my christmas food baby banished.

TaggieCampbellBlack Tue 08-Jan-13 16:30:58

O might unwrap my shred dvd. I bought it at least 2 years ago blush.

They are doing a bootcamp at the gym (Curves) which might also give me a push to exercise.

PuggyMum Tue 08-Jan-13 16:49:46

8lbs taggie?? That's fantastic!!

As people post their weight loss I'll update so keep a running tally.

My calculations are 27.5lbs already and that's just from 9 of us!!

I've just had my bowl of muesli ready for the gym. I'm doing a new ViPR class tonight which may kill me!!

I'm actually quite fit for a big 'un!!

TaggieCampbellBlack Tue 08-Jan-13 16:51:41

It's not real, just first week adjustments and post christmas binge loss.

TaggieCampbellBlack Tue 08-Jan-13 18:07:30

I am seriously craving wine and cheese.

Massively.

OneSliceOfSwissCheese Tue 08-Jan-13 18:08:52

Puggy, I love the idea of the list. Thanks for getting us started with that.

Taggie, that excellent loss must give you a boost. Brilliant!

Hello to new people. You're very welcome here.

Oh Lord I'm more than I thought shock 13st 6lb.

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 08-Jan-13 20:17:23

Great list Puggymum and thank you smile definitely long haul for me.

I think I may have resolved the problem in that I have raging PMT and drinking lots of water and starting to feel achey. I am eating less than I normally eat and way less carbs, cut down on diet coke and upped my water intake, and walking more, route marched in the rain back from work today to the car.

Well done Taggie, great start, and a real morale boost.

And well done everyone else nearly 30 lbs is excellent.

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 08-Jan-13 20:20:32

Oh and it is 1.3 miles to work

cafecito Tue 08-Jan-13 20:38:46

wow, there's a list and everything! thank you! I think I have reappraised my weight issues and would be happy with a 12kg loss, which sounds doable. But I weighed myself today and have gained 2kg shock

today was better, but I have eaten curry - I do love curry- in fact I am still eating curry hmm I love it too much. however I managed to resist the little packs of fruit and nuts and the chocolate boxes calling me as I walked by, resisted the divine looking cheesy wrap at lunchtime and didn't have as many lattes and I went to a kickboxing class just now (and will do the evil shred before bedtime, maybe)

I was thinking about joining myfitnesspal Ive seen posters mention it, I will have a look at it

Tomorrow I am back into trekking across London mode - boo- and I have decided not to use the 2 stations closest to me, but to pop on ipod, trainers, and walk very quickly to a station further south (mapmyrun says it's only 2k away but it seemed very far by bus!) with the added bonus being that it's a quicker line (different northern line branches drive me mad) so I should get there faster, and a bit fitter. maybe.

cafecito Tue 08-Jan-13 21:01:06

it was a 2kg gain with clothes on though, not on proper scales- so maybe there's a little loss somewhere.. will have to weigh self in the morning one day soon (using scales at the gym)

CJMommy Tue 08-Jan-13 22:49:13

Wow! That list is great, thanks! It helps to see the figures in black and white, just need to keep reminding myself of my goal!

Well, weigh day and I'm down to 10st 10.5lbs so 4.5 lbs off grin Am just a bit pleased!! Now, need to keep on going as it's weeks 2-3 that I loose the will and motivation. If I can make it to week four then I should be in it for the long haul!

A good day again. I did succumb to some chocolate but did log it in MFP. I do love this way of logging stuff- am so impressed which the barcode scanner, it is really making tracking my food do much easier (although I am easily pleaded wink) .

Think I may struggle at the weekend; am off to stop with my mom (cupboards full of rubbish) and am out with friends of old on saturday do that will be a wine and curry fest-that's my only day in January that I am allowing alcohol (can't wait!)

NoillyPrat Wed 09-Jan-13 06:53:26

Morning all, well done on the fab weight losses smile

I don't think I'm totally in the zone yet. I've been walking every morning and doing housework all day but the eating side of things tends to slip right after lunch. I'll have a good breakfast and lunch but as soon as I put my knife and fork down, I'm like "where's the sweet stuff?!"

Then I'll have a good dinner and want to snack at night hmm

I have cut right down on food though, smaller portions, cutting things out and swapping things for healthier options. Just need to stop with the sweet stuff so much.

I think today, I'll either chuck out or hide the bad stuff (like in the loft as I don't go up there for love nor money!) Then I should be ok.

As well as the walking, which I'm enjoying, I'm going to start doing the shred and boxing with dh. Looking forward to it!

Weigh in is on Friday. I'll be happy to have lost a lb tbh! I'm currently a size 18 and I think I'd like to be at least a 12.

Right, off to get dressed for my walk. I can walk for miles and miles but it's a bit scary out there in the dark in a village with not many streetlights on my own...so I just do a quick short one. I'll go out in the light when I get more confidence (don't think anyone is ready to see me in my exercise trousers just yet!) I may start doing a couple of walks a day soon too though.

Have a great day all smile

NoillyPrat Wed 09-Jan-13 06:54:23

Oh yes and thanks for the list! smile can't believe I forgot to mention that in my mammoth post!

Can't wait to see the weights coming down grin

travellingwilbury Wed 09-Jan-13 07:23:16

Morning all , weigh in day today and I was dreading it , I had weighed in a few days ago and hadn't lost anything . My own fault as I had given in to the Christmas choc , well I have lost two pounds smile

travellingwilbury Wed 09-Jan-13 07:26:34

Stupid phone is driving me mad .

Meant to say well dine to everyone for their losses , I am determined to keep this up now , I have got the shred but I am keeping it until my weight plateaus .

FiveGoMadInDorset Wed 09-Jan-13 07:29:20

Morning all, wish my weigh in was today as I have lost, oh well, will keep the momentum up for next week. I have an admin training day today so should not be tempted with boredom or cakes that other colleagues bring in grin

so porridge for brekfast
Teryiaki noodles with chicken for lunch
some sort of meat from the freezer and aubergine parmigani for supper
And fruit.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Guitargirl Wed 09-Jan-13 07:53:19

Great list, thank you for that and some very impressive losses!!

I weighed yesterday, 13 stone 9.5lbs. Grrr.

I walked from the train station to work yesterday morning instead of taking the bus which is just under 2 miles and this morning I attempted (but couldn't manage the whole thing without stopping) the shred - level 1. Am so heavy I can just feel all this weight bouncing about...blush

I went to a reception last night with free booze and managed to abstain as am trying for a dry January. But I did eat some of the quiches and then I came home and ate party rings and wotsits left over from DD's birthday over the weekend.

So, I think weigh-in for me is going to be on a Tuesday.

Good luck for this week everyone!

BoffinMum Wed 09-Jan-13 07:56:46

Right, have weighed self at was 14st 6, now 14st 3 after no pudding and no snacking regime, plus more walking (hard as I have mobility problems).

travellingwilbury Wed 09-Jan-13 07:57:21

Dorset smile ya tease , come on spill .

PuggyMum Wed 09-Jan-13 11:50:50

Am getting busy with my table! I'm inputting starting weight in lbs and weight loss so we track % of weight lost too! It's looking good!! I will post once a week when everyone has updated their progress smile

PuggyMum Wed 09-Jan-13 12:10:10

Just to add, not everyone has said their weight, which is fine - we can still tally up our total losses!

For those that have, we can quickly see milestones, such as going under 200lb, 5% weight loss, under the next stone etc etc!

Currently Taggie has lost 3.46% of weight so setting the pace!!

Boffinmum has gone under 200lbs

DigWeedSow is 8lbs from Goal

I clearly have too much time on my hands. I've started a new job and my systems aren't set up! But keeping on top of it now its set up is easy!

32.5 lbs so far Lucky13's!

I'm trying to have only a few points today as we are having baked cheese for dinner tonight. 3 left (2 in freezer!)... We have a quest to eat food from the freezer so as long as I'm planning I can make sure I have the points!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now