(476 Posts)
TaggieCampbellBlack Tue 01-Jan-13 06:54:40

16st 7

shock

DorsetKnobwithJingleBellsOn Thu 03-Jan-13 21:01:19

Excellent mantra Taggie.

TaggieCampbellBlack Thu 03-Jan-13 21:06:24

I just worked out my large pack of healthy dried fruit and seeds was about 450 calories blush

My next mantra.......

Portion control!

DorsetKnobwithJingleBellsOn Thu 03-Jan-13 21:08:05

Which was the next mantra to have, dried fruit, healthy but high in calories.

CJMommy Thu 03-Jan-13 21:10:21

Breakfast was 30g fruit and fibre with skimmed milk. Light choices soup for lunch and homemade lasagne (again!) for dinner. Snacks have been 2 apples, 2 krisprolls with ham and flora light.

I have managed to drink about 1L of sugar free squash - just can't do water on its own and much prefer wine although am trying to have a 'dry' month shock! I think many of my calories come from the large one (or 2) glasses of wine that i've been having most nights, not to mention all I drank over christmas blush.

EverythingsNotRosie grin Your breakfast sounds lovely though! I must try to be more inventive as I know I'll get bored and that's when I'll stray!

EverythingsNotRosie Thu 03-Jan-13 21:41:11

Pretty good day here. Did snack in the early evening (DH and I eat dinner way too late) on tortilla chips and hummus but I did exercise portion control and have stayed within my calories for the day- just! And no bread again, I think that is making a huge difference. My breakfast was nice, but I am still on school holidays (teacher) so I have time to make eggs. Back to cereal next week. In fact, here's a dieting tip for you. I eat my cereal with almond milk, tastes fine and saves lots of calories and as it is sweet, you also don't need sugar!

CJMommy Thu 03-Jan-13 22:38:41

Don't think I've even heard of almond milk?? blush Where would I get it and how does it compare (calorific) to skimmed?

Can I be in the lucky 13's?
Not sure what I weigh as I had a bit of a mishap ordering scales, I ordered kitchen scales instead, oops.
But I'm a 16 at 5ft 6' , so somewhere between 13.5 and 14 stones.

10 years ago, so age 23, I was 11 stone and a size 12, that's what I am aiming for.

cafecito Thu 03-Jan-13 23:54:56

Hi, can I step in <wobble> I have doubled my body weight in a year shock to be honest, I was too small, but now I am too big! I need to lose about 2 stone to be okay, 2.5 would be better.

I have started with:
walking instead of getting the tube, as much as I can (not always possible with my commutes)

no alcohol (though this will be ruined at the weekend)

no late night 'binges' on sweet carby food like yogurt with gallons of honey, nuts, dried fruit - all healthy but not in the quantities I was eating them

I'm not going to 'diet' per se or count calories. I have weighed myself, at the gym, and was horrified my BMI puts me in the overweight category and I have broken all my trousers blush this happened so quickly for me I didn't see it coming really.

Generally I will just try and be mindful of my eating. I constantly graze and eat very late at night, I also have a habit of not eating proper meals in daytime and then getting really hungry at night and eating everything in sight. Other things I am thinking of doing are more cardio, and maybe actually going to the gym for more than one yoga class a week. I pay a stupid amount for this, I should use it more or cancel it-

cafecito Thu 03-Jan-13 23:57:27

CJ I just bought some almond milk today actually, from waitrose, I got the unsweetened version, have never tried it before but have been having loads of milky lattes and teas recently, and far too much chocolate (and cream at christmas) I figured I might try having less dairy.

cafecito Thu 03-Jan-13 23:59:37

I was very good yesterday - had a seaweed and salmon wrap for my lunch, then went to a (killer) zumba class. Alas, I ruined it by having not one but 2 thai red curries late at night hmm

smile DigWeedSow, I have bought some lemons to slice and have in water. That's about as close to wine as I'll be getting in the week hmm

Well, I've done a meal plan for until Sunday, as going shopping again on Monday. All healthy stuff and for the first time, I didn't buy anything that wasn't on the list. That's a first for me!

So I weighed myself yesterday, as I couldn't wait 'till today hmm and embarrassingly I'm 17st 4lb sad I've put on about 4 stone since I met dh at the beginning of 2008 shock

Today will be a real test for me. I usually make it 'till mid afternoon on the first day then sneak in something I shouldn't.

I'm kick starting the day as I mean to go on though, with a brisk walk to wake me up smile

Good luck everyone smile

I'm back from my walk. Only did 12 mins but it was a very fast walk then I ran up the steps to get to my house. Sweating now. Would have done longer but my shoes were rubbing. Will most likely go for another one with dh tonight. I'll be doing a day of housework too so that counts as exercise right?!

EverythingsNotRosie Fri 04-Jan-13 07:55:40

Have just checked and almond milk is about equal to skimmed. But it's a lot creamier and sweeter. I actually would have either but I am off dairy as a way of tackling acne at the moment. Weighed myself this morning (start of day 4) and have lost 1lb. Doesn't seem like much does it!

EverythingsNotRosie Fri 04-Jan-13 07:57:38

Definitely counts as exercise pratting! All my walks are at toddler speed at the moment so not much exercise!

NoillyPrat Fri 04-Jan-13 09:07:17

smile EverythingsNotRosie (it's me Pratting, thought I should change back from my Christmas name!)

Just had breakfast- a 2 egg omelette with 6 cherry tomatoes cut in half, 2 spring onions, ½ a red pepper, 30g cheese & 1 tbsp ketchup.

On my 2nd glass of water. I normally only have maybe 2/3 drinks a day so I must make more of an effort.

PuggyMum Fri 04-Jan-13 09:34:59

1st weigh in for me later!
I've never done Friday as a weigh day before so hopefully if I lose will spur me to be good for the weekend and if I gain will make me feel bad so I'll be good for the weekend!

We'll see!!!

I also took a before picture at work yesterday. I look hideous! We are doing a weekly charity weigh in for 20 weeks so 1lb a week pretty much equals 10% of my body weight!

I can feel last nights body pump today...

Have a good day everyone! I'll be back later with my 1st week weigh in!

OneSliceOfSwissCheese Fri 04-Jan-13 10:42:10

Welcome new faces. I'm sure we will all have thinner faces before long!
Terra I was very amused at the thought of accidently ordering kitchen scales! I've got images of you trying to balance yourself in the bowl!

Nyancat Fri 04-Jan-13 11:12:26

Finally braved the scales this morning and up to 10st11 so put on 2lb over Xmas which isn't as bad as I thought. Back to work in a month and need to be down a dress size or I'm gonna have to buy a new wardrobe!

Vicky08 Fri 04-Jan-13 12:39:42

Hi all, can I join? I'm on another thread but it's really slow. I started on Jan 1. I weighed 13 stone exactly. Want to get down to 9 stone so quite a way to go. So far so good.

DisAstrophe Fri 04-Jan-13 15:30:55

cafecito did you really double your weight in one year? you must have been exceedingly underweight. hope you are ok and that you have a health professional involved?

vicky come on over - the more the merrier

fruity museli with half milk/half water, a bit of kids chocolate santa (too much for them to eat healthily by themselves. corn thins with hummous and 3 dried apricots so pretty good today.

JakeBullet Fri 04-Jan-13 15:39:42

Not doing that well so far.....might be better when DS goes back to school.

DigWeedSow Fri 04-Jan-13 15:59:29

Hi everyone, hope you've all had a good day smile

Got weighed this morning and have lost 3lbs !!! I suspect that it's beginners luck and things will slow down next week (or be gained over the weekend). Went out for lunch today with Dsis and had a superfood wholewheat pasta dish, it helped that Dsis is also dieting so we could count our points together!

Called at Subway on the way home and got a take out salad bowl for this evening to counteract the pasta which is only 2 WW points or 89 cals and that's with the dressing!

Hope you all have a good weekend and don't succumb to too much wine temptation grin

TaggieCampbellBlack Fri 04-Jan-13 16:58:47

Just been to the gym.
Looks like the options on the menu tonight are past or chips (i'm being a bit of a vegan this month)

Dawndonna Fri 04-Jan-13 17:16:30

Went on my first walk today. Only round the block but I thought if I can do that four to five times a day and then increase, it may help. It's only a three minute walk, but it's uphill and a start. Eventually I should, in theory, be able to do the mile into the village. That's the aim.

DorsetKnobwithJingleBellsOn Fri 04-Jan-13 18:08:56

Evening all, hope everyone's day has been better than mine. Stinking cold, I was undermined at work so left and came home and went to bed for 5 hours.

Well done on the walking Dawn.

Any particular reason why just pasta or chips Taggie?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now