(476 Posts)
TaggieCampbellBlack Tue 01-Jan-13 06:54:40

16st 7

shock

TaggieCampbellBlack Tue 01-Jan-13 20:56:22

I have 18 months before I hit 40. I cannot be fat and 40.

Ideally I want to shed 5 1/2 stones. Realistically I doubt that will ever happen. So I'm trying one at a time.

No alcohol for January.

Up the vegetables.

No bread (gives me Irtitable bowels anyway).

Cut out cheese and dairy.

Just all round healthier. Stop stuffing in junk. Do more exercise.

DorsetKnobwithJingleBellsOn Tue 01-Jan-13 21:14:57

I am going to start eating breakfast at work, I start at 8 and if I eat at home then I eat toast and I am starving by about 9.30. so porridge it is then.

Cut down on alcohol.

Cut down on bread.

Don't eat a lot of cheese anyway but will start again on the lower fat lurpak.

walk from Park and ride to work.

PuggyMum Tue 01-Jan-13 22:24:53

Shall we have a group name?
The Lucky 13's??

I've just had pasta and cheese for tea which is my most disgusting food habit (apart from raw pastry but I really don't do that often!). I eat this when DH is working as I can't be bothered to cook properly for myself so I need to make some stuff for the freezer.

I was horrified that the small amount of pasta which was left (and I'd usually have more!) 157g was 12 points worth!! My portion sizes clearly need looking at! I stayed within my allowance though but still a shocker!

I'm going to order a pedometer tomorrow too!

Good luck everyone!

CJMommy Tue 01-Jan-13 22:50:16

11st 1lb.....was 10st 8lbs 3 weeks ago shock

My lightest was 10st 4lbs in 2010. I'd lost 1.5st on SW then got pregnant and never quite made it back down to there.

My target is 9st 7lbs [dreamy emoticon] I've never been that light!

Have flirted with MFP and WW online recently but not sure what to follow?
I've read various different things about amount of calories per day but does anyone know what I should be aiming for? I do very little (no) exercise and have very little time to do anything but am going to fit something in.

I am becoming a blimp sad

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 01-Jan-13 22:52:41

lol 13.7. But I have been this or thereabouts for 7 years give or take 2 DC. Prior to DC I was 11.5. I have pretty much given up hope of ever being there again. I would like to be 12.5 by the summer......

2kidsintow Tue 01-Jan-13 23:06:39

12st 9.5 here. 5lb heavier than before Christmas.
1st 8lb heavier than where I was 2 years ago. Then I was in my healthy weight range and a size 12-14, which I am confident and happy in. I'm currently a wobbly size 16.

I've bought a size 14 formal dress on ebay tonight as an incentive to get my act together and stick with it. I've a dinner dance to go to in Feb so that's 6 weeks to lose a dress size. I know I can do it. I've done it before.

CJ, I've also followed WW and MFP. I too cannot decide.
I love the support of a meeting, but can find it tricky to find the time to fit one in. And if I've done badly, it puts me off attending a meeting, which puts me off carrying on. <fickle>
With MFP I never feel that I get the cals right. 1200 is hard to stick to, but I don't seem to lose much with 1300. Still debating which one to go with.

Tomorrow is a pre-booked dinner out with friends, so I shall be starting on Thurs.
I shall log my food and count everything *whether it is cals or points) and will restart my Zumba class. I've got an exercise bike and will be back on my feet at work again too.

Good luck all.

OneSliceOfSwissCheese Wed 02-Jan-13 07:20:58

Morning all. Puggy, I'm happy to go with "Lucky 13's"

I just weighed in......12 stone 8 1/2. I'm really pissed off with myself. I'm the same weight now as I was last spring when DD was a few months old! I've put back on the stone and a bit that I'd lost. How shameful sad At least I hope this will give me the kick up the arse I needed. None of my clothes fit or look nice.

JakeBullet Wed 02-Jan-13 07:25:21

Going to go and weigh in shortly.....prediction is 16st 5lbsad

My eating plan of three meals a day and fruit in between starts today properly. And we are going for a walk today too.....even if its just round the block as it were.

Drinking a lovely mug of coffee and its nice and peaceful here but DS will be up shortly and then all hell breaks loose grin.

travellingwilbury Wed 02-Jan-13 08:14:24

Just checking in , first day today , building up to weighing in .

So the plan today is three meals , fruit snacks and water , water and more water .

Good luck everyone .

DigWeedSow Wed 02-Jan-13 08:19:05

I'm in! Got weighed yesterday and am 10st 7 which means that I have gained a stone over the past year.

I went to put a pair of velvet trousers on over Christmas that I haven't worn since last Christmas and I couldn't fasten them blush I have signed up to WW online to help me track what I'm eating and would like to loose a stone before Easter.

travellingwilbury Wed 02-Jan-13 08:50:42

I could cry , 13. 11.5

That is the biggest ever other than pregnancy .

I have got to do this , if I can stop the cigs then I can do this surely ?

BoffinMum Wed 02-Jan-13 08:52:33

Do Strepsils have calories?grin

JakeBullet Wed 02-Jan-13 09:04:01

16st 10lb shock shock shock shock blush blush blush

I say no more. Paul McKenna I am all yours luvwink

DisAstrophe Wed 02-Jan-13 09:29:41

Need to lose 1 stone to get out of the overweight range. Would like to lose a stone and half to get back what I weighed 10 years ago at 30. Doesn't sound much but I'm small, little boned and round-faced so I carry weight really badly. grin

I'm a massive snacker and have switched to working from home so worried about numbers going up rather than down.

TaggieCampbellBlack Wed 02-Jan-13 09:41:55

I have the MFP app. I'm not going to weigh every morsel though as I'll get all obsessive and weird.

I've tried everything in the past (for a few weeks) (bullimia is about the only thing that makes me thin) so this time I'm going for fit and healthy.

Off to the gym.

DisAstrophe Wed 02-Jan-13 09:56:29

Good for you Taggie. I've run up and down stairs a few times and not snacked

SallyBear Wed 02-Jan-13 11:07:04

Totally fed up with myself. Weighed myself and it was bad. Very bad. Too ashamed of myself to admit what it was. Suffice to say I am aiming to lose at least four stone and four dress sizes.shock
I would like to be able to buy a pair of knee high winter boots next year and to feel confident to wear skirts and dresses again. I would also like to not be the wrong sort of cuddly mum.
So WW started this morning. I have decided to do a week of "Filling and Healthy" and see if that can kick start a good loss and then motivate me to carry on.
I want my children to grow up with a mum. I'd like to be a granny one day too, but at this rate I won't be. hmm

travellingwilbury Wed 02-Jan-13 12:17:39

I am in McDonald's , I had promised we would go today after shopping .

I have not eaten the 800 cal meal u usually would without even thinking , or enjoying it really . A coffee and will have lunch when I get home .

Long May this last .

SallyBear Wed 02-Jan-13 12:41:08

Well done wilbury. I'm ignoring the chocolates that are littered all over the house. Sticking faithfully to my plan. smile

DorsetKnobwithJingleBellsOn Wed 02-Jan-13 18:21:22

Well done Wilbury, showing great restraint there.

So far so good, back at work and the stair were tough, but I was panicking over nothing about getting work trousers back on, a little snugger but OK. will don trainers tomorrow and take shoes in and walk in to work, it is just under 1.5 miles so twice a day should be OK, shouldn't it?

I tried the Bulimia thing as well, and virtually stopped eating in college.

OneSliceOfSwissCheese Wed 02-Jan-13 19:15:21

Dorset, glad you're work trousers went back on ok. I'm a bit worried about squeezing into mine, but I'm not back until next weds so hopefully I should at least be a little less bloated by then.

I'm going to make some soup this evening I think as we've got quite a lot of veg leftover from christmas but no choccies Sally

PuggyMum Wed 02-Jan-13 20:05:17

I'm ignoring the chocolates but cheese is my downfall! It's a whole thread in itself but our family left early over Xmas and we have a fridge full of the stuff!

Saved all my points today / starved myself (must learn how to do the cross out thing!) so we could have Brie baked with cranberry and port sauce and bread to dip! Had relatively healthy mussels in veg stock, shallot and garlic though so don't feel too bad.... Now the challenge is to stay away from anything else for the rest of the night....

JakeBullet Wed 02-Jan-13 20:23:17

Today has gone well...

Three meals, fruit in between and plenty of fluids. No crap food today but that doesn't mean it's banned but will only be eaten if part of a meal.

Watched The Hairy Dieters who did a lovely recipe with sausages, chicken and gammon at 464 cals a portion.

DorsetKnobwithJingleBellsOn Wed 02-Jan-13 20:50:36

Apparently the Hairy Bikers cook book is on the Book people for £5 plus P&P, am going to invest as the food looked lovely.

Well done Puggymum, hope the starving was worth it grin

DigWeedSow Wed 02-Jan-13 21:11:37

You're stronger willed than me PuggyMum I have finally given in to the temptation of the Christmas chocolates tonight! On the plus side I have just thrown out the remainder of the Christmas cake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now