(476 Posts)
TaggieCampbellBlack Tue 01-Jan-13 06:54:40

16st 7

shock

travellingwilbury Sat 12-Jan-13 14:32:17

Hello everyone , so far so good today but I am worried about tonight. I don't want to ruin the diet but I also don't want to ruin the evening by worrying and stressing about it .

Looks like everyone is still doing really well .

Furball Sat 12-Jan-13 15:29:48

travelling I think the only thing you can do is be sensible and enjoy it smile

Don't go for anything creamy and don't go for the stodgy pud. Don't let your eyes be bigger than your stomach. Fill up on veg etc. There is nothing worse than eating something that actually wasn't that great just cos you liked the look of it beforehand etc.

I sometimes have a pot of tea for pud, so when everyone dessert turns up I'm given something as well and they usually give you a choccy mint or something as well.

But it is only one meal out of the whole week. If you jump straight back on the healthy plan tomorrow you will do minimal damage.

This is life - there are meals and do's all the time, we just need to learn not to undo all the good so far.

PuggyMum Sat 12-Jan-13 17:49:04

I completely blew the budget yesterday but as long as you don't then think the week is buggered. It's just one day.

I have the Madhur Jaffrey Beetroot Curry on the bubble. That should sort my lunches for the week. 2 points per portion (due to veg oil) but I may have to add yoghurt as I've made it a bit hot angryangryangry

OneSliceOfSwissCheese Sat 12-Jan-13 18:05:22

Good advice Furball. I'm off out for brunch tomorrow and am going to heed your advice and not undo all the good so far.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 12-Jan-13 18:08:56

You have to have some treats/a day off otherwise you will lose the motivation.

Today has been really good, much better than most Saturdays.
Bowl of porridge for breakfast
Bowl of soup lunch
Crisps and a small end of homemade bread for a snack
steak and salad for lunch

Treat today as it is Saturday is wine and tomorrow will be roast potatoes.

OneSliceOfSwissCheese Sat 12-Jan-13 19:27:51

Too right Five. I'm thinking eggs benedict would hit the spot.

TaggieCampbellBlack Sat 12-Jan-13 20:40:15

Hello all.

I just had a massive pizza. Vegan, so no cheese. And delicious. But huge.

Still off the wine though.

cafecito Sun 13-Jan-13 01:21:37

well done everyone! well I've been so naughty ever since my nacho evening, it'slike it triggered bad food habits again and I went away for a night this wee and had to eat what I was given which unfortunately included dessert and cake and I didn't even want it. So now habits persist- have eaten loads today- pretty shameful really as I am working out a lot but no wonder I am not losing weight blush I am going to be good, as of tomorrow- have written off today! better late than never!

Guitargirl Sun 13-Jan-13 10:50:42

Hello everyone, everyone seems to be doing really well! I am doing ok I think. Didn't do any exercise yesterday but DP has just taken the DCs out for a bit so am going to shred now. Took the DCs to two parties at two different softplay centres yesterday and because am having a dry January couldn't even reward myself with a glass of red last night <virtuous>.

TaggieCampbellBlack Sun 13-Jan-13 13:14:08

I'm working nights from tonight which is going to screw up my healthy eating plans. Gggrrrrr.

BoffinMum Sun 13-Jan-13 15:02:18

Motivated today. Halved size of morning muesli. Went to gym, and did a swim as well. Frugal lunch plus a small glass of wine. I am steaming ahead!

Shybairns Sun 13-Jan-13 16:03:09

I'm poorly!! Terrible sore throat and feeling drained. It started Friday. I still went swimming and yesterday a friend asked me to go running and although I felt rough I still said yes. We ran nearly 5k which is brilliant for me, especially when poorly.

Today tiredness and throat got the better of me. Decided to make the kids some strawberry and yogurt muffins. Used tinned strawberries. Was totally kidding myself if I thought I could resist. Have had two. blush There is so much butter in them. They are delicious!

Back in the zone tomorrow I hope.

OneSliceOfSwissCheese Sun 13-Jan-13 17:33:18

Am well impressed with your 5k Shy. Well done!

I had a lovely afternoon tea out this afternoon. I had 2 scones but didn't go overboard on the clotted cream and jam. Have entered it all in MFP and I think I'll be ok with I have a veg-heavy dinner. We'll see what the scales have to say about it.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 13-Jan-13 19:48:31

Hope everyone had good weekends, as of this morning I was 5 lbs down from last Tuesday, what it will be next Tuesday after today Lord only knows but i am hoping I won't be piling on 5lbs again. Today hasn't been too bad, a few treats but not as bad as I would have been before starting on thsi thread, lots of veg for tea and not a lot of potatoes. Finished a bottle of wine and declined when DH said would I like some more.

So back on the wagon tomorrow, have made some parsnip soup for lunch and then it is pork chop and braised vegetables for supper, downside of all the veg is the interesting effect it has on my digestive system blush

cafecito Sun 13-Jan-13 23:31:15

hi all, I had an off day again- starting tomorrow better hmm problem was I was at a course all day, avoided all the food they laid on, then went to a 2 hout dance class (!) then did some work, and then by 9.30 was so hungry I got a takeaway (well, 3x what I needed) and currently scoffing. Did not shred either- decided sundays will be my off days- if I'm good 6 days a week and let myself off once a week its probably better than having 7 days a week standards that I don't meet. I'm the kind of person that once one thing goes wrong, I make it 30 times worse. eg, if someone offered me a biscuit and I had to eat it- whle avoiding biscuits- or carrot cake- ir another vice- then that would be it for the whole day, I'd then go on a carrot cake munchfest and vow to never eat it again hmm. I need to learn moderation! and that it's okay to have stuff like that sometimes. I'm too black and white with it

PuggyMum Mon 14-Jan-13 10:36:25

Morning Lucky 13s!

We’ve had some great successes in our 1st full week…

I know I’ve said a couple of these before as an example but here’s the official update with the great successes!
Boffinmum - went under 200lbs
CJMommy - went under 11st
DigWeedSow – great week at 2.72pc loss
EverthingsNotRosie – went under 17st
Shybairns – Ran nearly 5k, lost 5lbs (2.98pc)
TaggieCambellBlack – 3.46% lost and now under 16st

2kidsintow, DisApostophe, FiveGoMadinDorset, OneSliceofSwissCheese, PuggyMum & Furball all reporting losses

No gains!

From 12 of us who have checked in, we have lost a whopping 49.5lbs!!

PuggyMum Mon 14-Jan-13 10:36:30

Morning Lucky 13s!

We’ve had some great successes in our 1st full week…

I know I’ve said a couple of these before as an example but here’s the official update with the great successes!
Boffinmum - went under 200lbs
CJMommy - went under 11st
DigWeedSow – great week at 2.72pc loss
EverthingsNotRosie – went under 17st
Shybairns – Ran nearly 5k, lost 5lbs (2.98pc)
TaggieCambellBlack – 3.46% lost and now under 16st

2kidsintow, DisApostophe, FiveGoMadinDorset, OneSliceofSwissCheese, PuggyMum & Furball all reporting losses

No gains!

From 12 of us who have checked in, we have lost a whopping 49.5lbs!!

BoffinMum Mon 14-Jan-13 10:55:03

I may have gained but I have been avoiding the scales in case that's actually happened. wink But I did have an excellent Sunday, really on message about everything. Not too bad today either.

NoillyPrat Mon 14-Jan-13 11:20:31

I weighed myself on Sunday after seeing I'd put a pound on and I've lost it smile Hopefully there will be more off by my official weigh in day on Friday.

Shybairns Mon 14-Jan-13 12:03:23

Official weigh in day today. Have lost 2lbs! So now 11 Stone 10lbs.

24lbs to go and I feel good!!

PuggyMum Mon 14-Jan-13 12:34:47

Well after 64 points on Friday. 34 on Saturday and 41 yesterday I have 5 weekly points left till Friday (eek) and have earnt no activities. I took the dogs out yesterday for an hour but I haven't counted as did bugger all else all weekend!

I'm eating this beetroot curry for lunch. It's delicious, if a little spicy! I've got 3 more in the freezer and as the beetroot was from the cheapie section it cost less than 20p a portion!

Booked in for spin later which is 11 points in the bank. I'm hoping to lose 1lb this week but would be happy to STS!

Good luck everyone grin

OneSliceOfSwissCheese Mon 14-Jan-13 13:47:16

Thanks for the update Puggy. I'm loving your organisational skills.

A friend brought lunch round today. A huge ham bagette which I obviously scoffed the lot of! It didn't have any butter or mayo in but there was just so much bread. (It was v tasty though!). I've therefore got about 150 calories to last for the rest of the day sad

Furball Mon 14-Jan-13 16:21:03

I've sort of done ok - succumbed to a mars bar, it sort of had me in a grip.

I did aerobics class for an hour this morning and have spin tomorrow.......

weigh tomorrow....will be happy with any minus

Furball Mon 14-Jan-13 16:22:09

oneslice - make a pan of veg soup, very filling and not alot of cal cost smile

TaggieCampbellBlack Mon 14-Jan-13 16:39:25

I'm fancying beetroot curry.

Work was hideous. And I can't sleep.

But Hurrah! For losses and all that focus. Really motivating. Well done all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now