Happy New Year! Happy New Paul McKenna Thread Number 11. Healthy Weight Loss Without Restricting Your Enjoyment Of Food! Come Join The Paulettes For Support And Chat.

(980 Posts)
GoodKingWenSOLOslas Tue 01-Jan-13 03:58:46

Welcome to thread 11 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. After all, eating a meal is not a competition.
Many people have issues around food. Many of us have been brought up by the 'clear your plate' parents of yesteryear which leave us feeling guilty if we leave even the smallest morsel of food, but we are working through this guilt or any other hang up we might have, and we are learning to leave a bit on the plate; return to it another time if we really want to or even feed it to the dog or the bin!
So!! forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry OH NO we're not!!! so come on in and start living your new life today and make 2013 your year to drop a dress size or several.

ppeatfruit Thu 10-Jan-13 09:49:34

Morning All smile A big welcome to Elainey A few tips on starting hmm

It depends on how many 'crap' or 'normal' diets you've been on as to how your long your body takes to get used to being 'allowed' to be itself and for you to get used to the signals it's giving you (about being hungry and then being full!!). Read the book, listen to the C.D.s and watch the DVDs they're a great help.

I've lost the weight without counting cals. or anything.

Exercise helps but it's not the be all or end all. I use stretches,dancing about the kitchen. plies while washing up and acupressure I don't go to a gym or jog or run or nothing!!grin

Oh and the best tip of all for me was to chew each mouthful 15 - 20 times that REALLY got me going!

positive many congrats on the weight loss keep at it girl grin

SOLO where are you?????

PA, wow that is an adventure! And well done on the weight loss. I know what you mean about self-sabotage. I wonder if its because part of you thinks 'well, I'e lost that weight so I can eat whatever I like again now'? Does that make any sense?!

This is only the 4th day I've been doing it, but I'm amazed at how easy it seems. I've done WW before and I would just constantly think about what I wanted to eat but couldn't because it would use up all my points. Now, I'm thinking 'I could have chocolate but actually I'd rather have a pear'.

I know it's not always going to be this easy, but its so much more confidence-boosting to not be constantly thinking about food and to feel like I'm making healthier choices because I want to, not because of the diet.

smile

ppeatfruit Thu 10-Jan-13 14:50:27

Oh Positive I forgot to say our darling DD2 is now getting married in June like yours shock she's sorting out her bridesmaids before herself. The theme is not 50s any more so i'm now floundering about thinking what to wear . AAAAA (hysterical emoticom)!! because the maids are all wearing fleshy colours and DD2 is in white, I don't want to stand out in a very strong colour. I've got to think hard and it's doing my brain in grin

It's going to be in the West End now so will have to 'cool' IYKWIM.

Dottiespots Thu 10-Jan-13 19:34:09

pp....my daugher is getting married next year and I no one thing for sure that I do not want to dress like "Mother of the Bride". Havnt seen anything i fancy yet though as all "Mother" dresses are too formal for me. Do post any dresses you like so I can see them ....might help give each other ideas and feedback !Junes not long though is it?

wow lots of "mother's of the brides" here now!! grin DD3's bridesmaids are in red, which is a pain for me because I would naturally have gone for a cerise/pink colour probably, which would just clash terribly!! I am hoping to get mine online so that it is at home when we arrive, just 10 days before the wedding, but if I don't like it there is going to be a major panic to find a replacement dress. Ideas would be good, so if you see things, then post a link. No, June is not long!!!

Well done on the positive start tilly

Dottiespots Thu 10-Jan-13 23:45:27

ok Positive....Ill get looking. How tall are you, hair colour what size and shape....and send us a link to see the dress you have chosen.

Solo Fri 11-Jan-13 00:04:25

Dipping in <waves> running out again.

Dottiespots Fri 11-Jan-13 01:17:33

Hi Solo.....you need to update us re love life pleaseeeee!

Solo Fri 11-Jan-13 10:40:50

Nothing to add aws I had one text from him saying he was knackered and falling asleep on return from work, I replied and have heard nothing else! that's in nearly two weeks. Oh well <shrugs>.

Solo Fri 11-Jan-13 10:42:08

Meant to add that either he's not too interested or he, like me has been on his own for so long, that it's hard to remember to contact the new potential iyswim.

ppeatfruit Fri 11-Jan-13 11:35:00

Good morning all smile shame about the fella solo sad Have you started back at work yet?

To the MOBs among us grin the Honeypie on line boutique is good (my computer goes ballistic with a load of links) or it could be me so don't ask for 'proper' links! I'm going to look in the posh Depots Ventes here and in the posh 2nd hand dress shops in U.K. when I'm over!

Dottiespots Fri 11-Jan-13 12:26:29

Hi pp...had a look at Honeypie....lovely things. My daughter is doing the traditional wedding dress thing .
Solo, hows things with you? Are you bothered that he hasnt contacted you or not bothered cause you didnt really have chemistry?

My daughter is doing the traditional, too awsangel. Just had a quick peep at a few websites......not impressed!! I think I am going to have to wait until the summer stuff comes into the shops, its all so dark and....well...... wintry!! hmm

As for my shape, well I am short, 5 foot 3 (if I stretch) and rather round!! grin Would prefer something calf-length, probably. Must have upper arms covered, to hide the flappy bits <not really selling myself here, am I??> hmm But I would be happy with a floaty/silky thing to throw over my shoulders, maybe, if it is a strapless one. need to avoid the colour pink really, so was thinking of a blue maybe....????? or maybe not......????? Oh, I don't know.......I have a feeling this is going to become a nightmare!!!

ppeatfruit Fri 11-Jan-13 14:30:09

P.A. I think I've decided on a dress and jacket (i had a lovely dusty blue linen trouser suit made last year) if DD2 approves of course!!! so will try to match the jacket to a nice dress (maybe in a pretty print or something so I don't look like a blue blob! TG I'm a 10 now!! will have to remember to stick to P.M. seriously grin).

Many congrats on being a size 10 PP. I have been thinking about what I wrote yesterday, well, feeling more positive today, so my "better" bits about my body are that my legs are not too bad. I am hoping to be able to get into a size 20, maybe even a size 18 by June. Boobs aren't too bad either so DH tells me, anyway!! blush Bit I definitely need to disguise is my tummy!! Very floppy - I blame 9 pregnancies!!! as well as too much food
maybe a jacket over a dress for me would be good. I was thinking it is going to be height of the summer in UK, so maybe needed a really summery dress, but even if it is during a heatwave it is going to be the coldest I will have been for over a year!! Perhaps a woolly jumper will be needed!! grin

Dottiespots Sat 12-Jan-13 02:07:03

ha ha....nooooo It wont be the height of summer Pos.....it will be a cold winters day......going by our weather for the last couple of years it will be hottest in March.

ppeatfruit Sat 12-Jan-13 09:43:33

awsangel is right pos Thanks BTW! it could be cold in June grin so wear a jacket and take a thermal vest in case you freeze!!

Oh a thought about yr belly have you tried that easy crunch exercise I've given instructions for somewhere on here ? it's great and it works!!!!! tell me if you need the steps again.

Elainey1609 Sat 12-Jan-13 13:08:48

Thanx everyone for the tips
I got the I can make you thin book.
I have felt like ive lost weight, will have to wait till weigh in.on monday.
Havent felt too hungry which is positive
Looking forward to results

pp would be great to have those exercises. I am sure you put them on the thread ages ago, but have forgotten them now, so would be good to start them again, thanks.

ppeatfruit Sat 12-Jan-13 14:17:59

OK Hun here we go ;-- THE AMAZING MUFFIN TOP BUSTING EXERCISE!!-

1. LIe on a firm surface (it can be a mattress) I always do these in bed!!

2. With arms by yr. side (or flat above your head to increase difficulty). bring yr head and shoulders up just 3 or 4 cms. slowly hold for 5 to 6 seconds and release slowly. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS IS TO REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR HEAD IN LINE WITH YOUR SPINE so don't poke it forward or leave it behind IYSWIM.

3. Do it 3 or 4 times every morning and every night. It works like a dream you can actually feel your muscles activating all night and it helps you to sleep!!!

Continue the 'holding in' of your belly when you remember in the day; pull in slowly at the count of 20 and hold in for 20 etc. I find walking around on tiptoes works well too and doing plies (knee bends) while standing at the sink etc.

Dottiespots Sat 12-Jan-13 19:00:26

pp..Your outfit sounds like it will be nice and good that you can reuse something .I too will do your crunchies!!
Elainey....well done....look forward to seeing if you have lost....I havnt yet but I havnt gained....although im doing well eating pmway I must be slipping up somewhere but will continue as with this way of eating i dont get hung up on food and dont binge etc. So...all good.

ppeatfruit Sat 12-Jan-13 22:00:00

Thanks aws grin I haven't worn the suit yet though! Are you eating more often now? BTW I meant to say the Hay diet cures IBS!

Sorry tilly I meant to post earlier it sounds like you're getting on well grin Please don't be put off by all our non diet related gossiping grin.

Dottiespots Sun 13-Jan-13 02:30:33

PP......Interestly, I had a slight panic and started counting calories (only lasted one day before I told myself off)and ended up feeling really hungry. Had porridge for breakfast, slices of toast with cheese and tom for lunch, piece of bread extra as i was hungry, one turkish delight, half a pitta with avocado and salad. Got a bloated tummy and ibs cramps. I know it was the bread as i can only get away with a little of it but was hungry all day and wondering what to eat next. Back to pm today and have had a biscuit with a cup of tea, 2 oatcakes with cheese, tablespoon rice, tablespoon homemade curry and 2 popadoms, small bowl haagen daaz vanilla ice cream (yum) and half a danish cinamon swirl. No ibs and wasnt thinking about food at all other than when i was properly hungry. I had a look at the hay/combining diet but I know that to me it would still be a "diet" as I am not "allowed" to combine so would still mess with my mind. I know if im careful with what carbs i have and avoid onions, leeks, cauli, broccoli, garlic and beans I am ok. And tooo much food in general can bring it on as well. This pm woe seems to be the best for me curing my wanting to diet mentality though. Thanks .

ppeatfruit Sun 13-Jan-13 09:23:01

I find I bloat after eating avocado so i cut it out and lost weight quickly. You're right about having a certain food 'not allowed' being a diet mentality but it's also eating for health;it is a dichotomy but I'd far rather cut out something and be healthy Even Paul Mckenna says so!!!

emmief77 Mon 14-Jan-13 08:26:24

Hi everyone, I have just joined Mumsnet..

I downloaded the ICMYT app onto my phone yesterday (I bought a copy of the book years ago, read it and have lost it!)

I listened to the trance last night before going to sleep (I have my headphones plugged in!!).. but didn't feel relaxed as DH was next to me... when do people find the best time to listen to the trance?

Thanks everyone :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now