Happy New Year! Happy New Paul McKenna Thread Number 11. Healthy Weight Loss Without Restricting Your Enjoyment Of Food! Come Join The Paulettes For Support And Chat.

(980 Posts)
GoodKingWenSOLOslas Tue 01-Jan-13 03:58:46

Welcome to thread 11 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. After all, eating a meal is not a competition.
Many people have issues around food. Many of us have been brought up by the 'clear your plate' parents of yesteryear which leave us feeling guilty if we leave even the smallest morsel of food, but we are working through this guilt or any other hang up we might have, and we are learning to leave a bit on the plate; return to it another time if we really want to or even feed it to the dog or the bin!
So!! forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry OH NO we're not!!! so come on in and start living your new life today and make 2013 your year to drop a dress size or several.

Dottiespots Sun 06-Jan-13 03:08:25

Hi Ladies....sorry my facebook link to boppers facebook page didnt work but she seems to have sorted everyone in the right direction and BBB did a better link.
Hi Monkey....nice to see you over on here as well.
How did first day go bopper. Think it would mess with my mind a bit having to control my eating to diet mentality for two weeks.....

Dottiespots Sun 06-Jan-13 03:24:43

but having said that i could benfit from giving up sugar and bleached flour as I know its not healthy . Sooooo......think i will try it for two weeks to. Indecisive?????....me!!!

JakeBullet Sun 06-Jan-13 08:09:59

I've just "Liked" the FB page. I am hoping to load the CD onto my Mp3 player today and start listening.

ppeatfruit Sun 06-Jan-13 10:22:38

Morning everyone grin awsangel My health and looks are very important to me so I DO follow a fairly stringent eating plan with P.M.When I go off it even a bit (e.g. at xmas) I feel it immediately sad so I'm back on it now and improving my outlook smile.

I'll help you if you like !!

Mudwiggle Sun 06-Jan-13 12:57:54

I'm in. New book arriving tomorrow (hopefully). I love the idea of ICMYT, but my concious mind actively turns off my sub concious when it comes to binging. :0(
When I actually do it, I really enjoy listening to the ICMYT mp3, I do so before I go to sleep, always sleep well afterwards and wake up raring to go, which is not something that happens to me otherwise.
Avoiding white sugar and white flour suits me perfectly. Have low carbed quite successfully over the last week (ignores empty wine bottles in recycling box), but we are very very broke and I can't realistically justify the additional cost. Hoping this will let me eat normal foods, but in much smaller quantities.
I've put on three stone in the last year and I am gutted. Ideally I would like to loose four stone to be a healthy happy weight - and to be able to wear everything in my wardrobe.
For the first time ever, I do not mind how long it takes to lose this weight, provided the scales are going down and I'm feeling better. I want this to be a full on lifestyle change.

bopper198 Sun 06-Jan-13 16:35:24

Hiya the first day went ok and today has been ok too. I tryed to start on the 2nd but wasnt ready to start then. (Too much nice food in the house)! So I had a rew days which were just out of control! And by Saturday I was ready to begin as I had had enough of junk food!

I am probably not doing it properly but I am avoiding crisps, chocolate, cake and biscuits. And am snacking on things like rice cakes, fruit and olives. But compared to before that is good for me.

It doesnt bother me too much as I am ready in my mind to start my new life and also knowing that its only 2 weeks then I can eat anything makes me feel better. As before when starting other weight loss groups i would be looking at a long stretch of deprivation, points and syns. So compared to that, this is much better.x

ppeatfruit Sun 06-Jan-13 16:50:18

Congrats on startingbopper And you don't need any of that shxx diet food so you're saving money (I'm always amazed at how the manuf. can get soo many crap ingredients in their diet 'food') shock how hard is it to make a salad with bean dips and rye toast?!!

Dottiespots Sun 06-Jan-13 17:13:25

Hi pp.....so tell me more about what you eat please. I do get ibs if I get stressed or if I have too much wheat and sugar and want to continue "pauling" and will continue "pauling" he he.....but also want to keep eating healthily. I dont eat rubbish anyway.....all fresh foods, oatcakes, cheese, olives, grapes, apples,nuts, eggs, chicken, salad and salad leaves, olive oil, and dressings made from olive, walnut and balsalmic. So eat quite low carb which is good for me and very very healthy but if I want a cake (which is not very often unless its a really really delicious one) then I have it.

ppeatfruit Sun 06-Jan-13 17:28:00

Hi aws I follow my Blood Type by Dr Peter D'Adamo (sorry i'm not good with links my compooter refuses basically!) but you can google it and its on FB also there are apps.

It is eating the foods that agree with you e.g. I'm an A type and always used to have eczema and mild arthritis and hay fever until learning that tomatoes,oranges potatoes and milk are an Avoid for me so i don't eat them and I'm without any problems now.

Also DH is an O type and he SHOULD eat meat but no wheat .I tell you he is like a different person when he's off wheat (a much nicer one grin)!!!

I make lovely brownies without wheat but I do occasionally eat normal cakes if they're really good like you and eat the BEST black chocolate!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 07-Jan-13 10:09:54

Fresh start for me this morning. DS1 is back at school so we are back in a bit more of a routine, less sitting around and eating, more rushing about!

In terms of the 'what to eat', I do just eat whatever I fancy, with the one exception that I try to limit sugar. I had gestational diabetes in my last pregnancy and I do definitely experience sugar addiction. I find that if I can keep my blood sugar stable then I don't overeat, but once I start on chocolate or especially cakes or biscuits then I am on a roller coaster for a couple of days and I feel lethargic and horrible.

DH is still sans employment which has definitely increased stress levels and therefore overeating for me this last month, he had a couple of good interviews on Friday and has been invited back to both of them so fingers crossed.

Solo - have a good party for DD today smile

ppeatfruit Mon 07-Jan-13 10:35:40

Morining all !!Ali I was going to say hello on the 'poor little rich girl' thread! but it's less loaded on here IFYSWIM!!

Its quite nice to get the dex down and have used up the chox isn't it? I get that feeling from wheat as well as sugar (it also plays havoc with yr blood sugar levels according to the Wheat belly book grin)

cross fingers for yr DH too from me.

Ali, good luck to your dh!

I've spent the weekend rereading the book so I've started today! I've realised my problem is I rush around after the dses, housework & work so quite often I forget to eat, then I realise I'm hungry & binge in whatever's to hand. So I'm trying to slow down a little to make sure I'm eating often.

Hope everyone has a good day!

ppeatfruit Mon 07-Jan-13 11:22:11

tillyfern were you tillytinsel? grin Yes forgetting to eat is a problem on P.M.I always take something with me even just going shopping; a chewable snack; some walnuts and dried fruit, an apple or whatever and a bottle of water.

Morning!

tilly - I am like you. I forget to eat too. I am not hungry so I start doing something and then before I know it I am caught up in something and I don't eat for hours and then feel weird or ravenous. I am my own worse enemy.

Thankfully, I don't have all the sensitivities that some of you seem to have. It must make life very complicated. The only thing I can't drink unless it is decaff is coffee but that isn't a great loss. I always find it smells so much better than it tastes anyway.

New start for me tomorrow. DS2 has an inset day. I am distracted by his wittering and his agenda.

Alibaba - I forgot to say, hope your DH finds something soon. Hopefully things will get moving this week in the world of work and there should be some activity. DH decided to take a month off in December once, between contracts. DS1 was only a baby at the time so it was a while ago but he didn't bargain on how much things grind to a halt over Christmas and how long it would take to get going again. It took until the end of January to actually start work I think. I know it is hard but hang in there and it should come good soon.smile

PP, yes I was tillytinsel, thought I'd better retire my xmas name along with the decorations grin. I've stocked up on some nuts & dried fruit so will keep them in my bag from now on.

ppeatfruit Mon 07-Jan-13 12:33:57

See everyone on the webchat soon??? i'm excited (must get out more emoticom!)

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 07-Jan-13 12:57:32

Ooh he's in the building! grin

Nice one bopper! Good question.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 07-Jan-13 13:28:36

Ooh he answered my question!

Yay, Go Faith!! grin

Are you happy with the answer? I haven't read the gastric band book yet but it sounds a bit drastic for pregnancy. You can't fault the original plan for common sense though, whether you are pregnant or not.

I will have to buy the book I think - I am a bit worried it is heading in the faddy direction but obviously I am in no position to comment not that that ever stopped me. wink

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 07-Jan-13 14:47:39

I felt a bit told off! Like 'Don't be so vain, grow your baby!' grin but in quite content really. I actually feel happier with my body than ever. Being pregnant is amazing! I love watching the changes - we do a photo every week so track my bump growth. I'm just very aware that with a BMI of 30 if I gain lots I'll put myself and baby at risk. However I am pleased not to have gained much weight (3lb) so far and know its inevitable that I will gain in the next few weeks but hope most of that is baby! I am actually seeing the advantage of only having one car - most days DH has the car so I'm walking/catching the bus (but even getting the bus is a 10 minute walk to and from the bus stop so I'm getting more exercise smile

ppeatfruit Mon 07-Jan-13 14:54:04

He ignored mine sad I liked the live skype type thing though .Can it be watched again?

Mudwiggle Mon 07-Jan-13 15:05:32

Woo hoo, PM answered my question and offered me tickets to his weight loss event! And book arrived today...half way through and like it so far.

I have told DH about the weight loss event and got a sarcastic 'great'. So despite is increasing girth (and who am I to judge!?) I don't think he wants to join me. If that is indeed the case would anyone here like to be my plus one? I don't want to try and 'sell' this system to any of my RL friends IYSWIM - plus the local ones are all pretty skinny anyway, I stick out like a sore thumb in Yummy Mummy land....

It's Earls Court London Sat 23 Feb. Must add that if DH reads the book and changes his mind, I will of course go with him, so this is a provisional offer that I will confirm by Saturday.

Mudwiggle Mon 07-Jan-13 15:11:11

Just tried to watch google thing but DS not keen. ;0) He is however used to skyping family so spent the whole time blowing kisses to PM...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now