Happy New Year! Happy New Paul McKenna Thread Number 11. Healthy Weight Loss Without Restricting Your Enjoyment Of Food! Come Join The Paulettes For Support And Chat.

(980 Posts)
GoodKingWenSOLOslas Tue 01-Jan-13 03:58:46

Welcome to thread 11 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. After all, eating a meal is not a competition.
Many people have issues around food. Many of us have been brought up by the 'clear your plate' parents of yesteryear which leave us feeling guilty if we leave even the smallest morsel of food, but we are working through this guilt or any other hang up we might have, and we are learning to leave a bit on the plate; return to it another time if we really want to or even feed it to the dog or the bin!
So!! forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry OH NO we're not!!! so come on in and start living your new life today and make 2013 your year to drop a dress size or several.

ppeatfruit Tue 23-Apr-13 07:30:18

Welcome Fluer grin nice to hear you're doing well (sounds like you've go it cracked!) I've lost nearly 3 stone and since I've lost some more (unintentionally!) and put on a bit but the beauty of this is you just up the exercise and return to properly conscious eating and it just comes off again.

So I would say I'm maintaining with the odd blip! I don't weigh, well maybe once in 2 months! I go by the mirror and my clothes.

HadALittleFaithBaby Tue 23-Apr-13 10:14:48

Ok so slightly smug update, I weighed myself this morning and I weigh 3lb less than when I got pregnant! grin I am hoping to maintain this with the BF and then as I stop BF I'll start running again.

Hello to Fluer. It definitely sounds like you've got PMing cracked. Stick around. This thread is fantastic support! smile

ppeatfruit Tue 23-Apr-13 10:54:58

Wow that's really good grin!!! HadA especially with the BF! Mind you you were P.M.ing when you were preg. weren't you?

It just shows how effective it is and how hmm some people are who ignore it. grin IMO its the effing answer!!! Oh well it's just our and other enlightened P.M.ers secret!

Well done Faith! smile

I was smug back where you are now, having lost the baby weight in less than a week with DS2 ( took a whole 3 weeks DS 1 but I was incapacitated by some uncomfortable stitches). Just don't do what I did and bugger it all up by continuing to eat like you are bfing when you stop. [Hmm] That is the big danger point ime, and how I ended up needing this thread in the first place <<sigh>>. The benefit of hindsight! It sounds like you won't be making the same mistake though smile

How is Abigail doing? And you and DH? Is he on paternity leave?

HadALittleFaithBaby Tue 23-Apr-13 14:20:08

She's doing well! Had a feeding frenzy yesterday although MW said she thought she was having a growth spurt. After 1 1/2 BF I cup fed her EBM because my nipples couldn't take any more and she seemed shattered. Tough start to night with her stirring to feed but for short times so I was shattered!. Then settled and slept til 8 which was nice! Yes DH is on paternity leave which is great - have to work as a team! smile

HadALittleFaithBaby Tue 23-Apr-13 14:21:14

Oh and yes I loosely followed PM but not religiously! Certainly stopped when full.

Fluer Tue 23-Apr-13 14:26:57

That's brilliant Faith. I breastfed both my two so fed for 6 years in total. Once my body adjusted to the demand my eating pattern returned to normal and I didn't feel hungry any more.
pp that's brilliant, its good to know that this woe actually works long term for the majority.
What about you BB did you manage to lose all your weight and maintain it?
I exercise about 3 times a week. I used to run but had an injury so cant do that anymore but use the exercise bike and use weights which work brilliantly for toning muscles and increasing metabolism even when at rest.

ppeatfruit Tue 23-Apr-13 18:52:26

Fluer I use acupressure stretches and a nifty little crunch which I call my muffin top buster! It's dead easy and it works like a dream. I'll tell you if you're interested grin

I hope you're sleeping when Abby does HadA and not dashing round doing the housework (sorry to go on but I remember those times and it was one of the best bits of advice I was given grin)

HadALittleFaithBaby Tue 23-Apr-13 20:19:45

Yes got a lovely 1 1/2 hour nap this afternoon while DH kept an eye on her (though she slept the whole time!). Off to bed soon I think smile

MrsHiddleston Tue 23-Apr-13 21:57:37

Can I ask a quick question to you PMcK gurus? Are any of you familiar with the app? Is it any good, would you recommend it or do you all prefer the books?

Rulesgirl Tue 23-Apr-13 23:11:02

Well MrsHiddleston I use the book but mainly I just follow the 4 golden rules and the cd. In my opinion if you follow the 4 Rules then your body will tell you what it needs....a bit like being pregnant.....your body tells you what nutrients it needs if you listen carefully enough. Sometimes you might fancy a cooked breakfast, sometimes a piece of toast, porridge, cake, salad, fruit,veg, sweeties....etc but if you really listen and follow the rules you will change your pattern with eating and not have an issue with food anymore. It might take a while to get it and you might have times of forgetting and overeating but then you just get back to The Rules and you will soon get back on track. I exercise because I want to keep my body toned and supple as I get older.
Thanks pp but I have a little gym so do my routine in it and am very successful with sit ups and crunchies and also do yoga so exercise my tummy that way too.

Rulesgirl Tue 23-Apr-13 23:14:56

ooooops......sorry pp thought you were asking everyone in general if they needed help with tummy exercises. Didn't see that it was to Fluer .....sorry.

HadALittleFaithBaby Tue 23-Apr-13 23:24:39

I haven't used the app but my understanding is its not great and crashes a lot (or it did!). I chose to get the book and put the CD on iTunes on my phone instead.

Fluer Tue 23-Apr-13 23:24:53

MrsH I also just use the book, the cd and of course the 4 Rules. I agree with Rulesgirl that if you follow them properly you will end up eating a wide variety of nutrition rich food as well as having a cake or chocolate bar or chips or whatever.
pp yes please, tell me what your stomach exercises are.

MrsHiddleston Wed 24-Apr-13 06:55:07

Thank you... The book and cd are only £3 more than the app, but it sounds like it'll be worth the extra £3, especially if the app has some issues.

ppeatfruit Wed 24-Apr-13 09:39:26

Well it can be for whoever wants it rulesgirl No one says you have to do it grin

THE AMAZING MUFFIN BUSTING EXERCISE -

This can be done on any firm surface I do it in bed; 3 at night and 3 in the morning

1. Lie flat with your arms by yr. sides (they can be raised flat behing you when you want to increase the difficulty).

2.Raise yr shoulders and head 5 centimeters (ALWAYS REMEMBERING TO KEEP YOUR HEAD IN LINE WITH YOUR SPINE DO NOT POKE IT FORWARD OR LEAVE IT BEHIND).

3. Hold for a count of 5 and then slowly release.

Rulesgirl Wed 24-Apr-13 19:44:42

Will definitely give those a go p. I do my sit ups like that but lift my shoulders 5 inches off the floor. What is the difference between the 5cm and 5 inches please smile

ppeatfruit Thu 25-Apr-13 07:11:03

Rules An inch is made of 2 and a half centimetres so its a smaller but strangely more effective movement grin

Morning all BTW!

Solo Thu 25-Apr-13 10:58:39

Hello!!! day off today, so I thought I'd poke my head in quickly smile hope you are all well.
HALF good going with the BFing. I BF my Ds for 18 months and Dd for 4.10 years. Loved it!!

Some weight off this morning shock, not sure how, but I like it!

ppeatfruit Thu 25-Apr-13 11:03:11

That's good solo great to hear from you we miss you sad Well I do grin Well done on the weight loss! how's things going?

Rulesgirl Thu 25-Apr-13 21:56:27

pp ha ha....I didn't mean literally as in how many cm are in an inch smile was curious as to how the difference in how many cm/inches you lift your head of the floor makes. Havnt tried it yet but will do. Thanks.

ppeatfruit Fri 26-Apr-13 08:05:31

It's funny Rules because DS (who's a yoga teacher, among other things,) sort of sneered at the exercise he has a little pot belly and I suggested he tried it and he could "feel" his muscles react. So was quite surprised! It activates your muscles all night actually and helps you relax to sleep too grin MAGIC grin

ppeatfruit Sat 27-Apr-13 09:57:59

How's our little baby Abby HadA?

HadALittleFaithBaby Sat 27-Apr-13 10:02:48

She's doing well! Feeding like a good 'un! Settled last night by 10.45, fed at 1ish then I woke her for a feed at 4 and she slept til 7.30! I'm not sure she really gets hungry for the 4am feed but I don't want her going more than 3-4 hours between feeds yet. I swear she grows every day! She's just waking from a nap actually smile

How is everyone? I'm doing my basic exercises from the physio to pull my stomach muscles back in (already less wobbly than I was!) but when they are better established I'll try your exercises PP!

ppeatfruit Sat 27-Apr-13 10:39:52

That's really good!!! So you're getting more sleep too? grin yes that muffin busting ex. will be great when you're ready grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now