Happy New Year! Happy New Paul McKenna Thread Number 11. Healthy Weight Loss Without Restricting Your Enjoyment Of Food! Come Join The Paulettes For Support And Chat.

(980 Posts)
GoodKingWenSOLOslas Tue 01-Jan-13 03:58:46

Welcome to thread 11 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. After all, eating a meal is not a competition.
Many people have issues around food. Many of us have been brought up by the 'clear your plate' parents of yesteryear which leave us feeling guilty if we leave even the smallest morsel of food, but we are working through this guilt or any other hang up we might have, and we are learning to leave a bit on the plate; return to it another time if we really want to or even feed it to the dog or the bin!
So!! forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry OH NO we're not!!! so come on in and start living your new life today and make 2013 your year to drop a dress size or several.

Dottiespots Thu 03-Jan-13 22:14:22

The Facebook lady I mentioned is bopper198 and Deafworm has already liked her page.

Deafworm....read your post on PM questiontime and its really touching.
Im still doing well and enjoying reading everyones posts as it really keeps us on the straight and narrow....ish.

Solo Fri 04-Jan-13 00:35:17

*Deafworm, one of my best and dearest friends had a gastric sleeve last year and has lost an amazing 5 stones. She feels so restricted though, can eat so little, can't enjoy a meal out, can't drink much more than water and can't move her bowels without laxatives and will be like this until her last breath. She said that she'd never recommend it to anyone sad

Solo Fri 04-Jan-13 00:41:42

Bopper I can't find you on fb.

Rosylee1976 Fri 04-Jan-13 08:09:06

Hello!

So it's been a while since I was on here. I have unfortunately gained lots more weight and have really struggled to do anything about it. I intend to recommit to PMK since I know it is a programme that works. I just have to understand why I give up for no apparent reason despite seeing real weight loss. Also need to keep coming onto the forum as this is where the support is at!

Happy New Year!

Rosy

ppeatfruit Fri 04-Jan-13 10:13:18

Welcome back rosy you know that we ALL go off and on this (it's just one of its great advantages!!!) It'll be interesting to find out how P.M.'s new book will be different or just another of the same or similar hmm grin

Thanks AnnMN you're not butting in BTW we welcome all on here!!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 04-Jan-13 10:27:28

Hi Rosy - don't beat yourself up, just start again smile

Ppeat I'm really interested to see what the new book is like too.

Deafworm Fri 04-Jan-13 10:37:18

Good luck with it bopper, I look forward to seeing how you do.
Thanks aws, I was ill that day and nearly didn't go but I'm so so glad I did even if I never lose another ounce that day changed a lot of things for me. That's interesting to hear solo, whilst I've considered the real thing I doubt I would ever go for it, it doesn't sound like a very happy life for your friend, the hypnotic version is very tempting though smile
Hi rosy, your comments sound very familiar, I'm being stubborn and determined this time to stick at it, good luck getting back downtown it and figuring out why you go off it. Have you looked at the self sabotage stuff in the book?

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 04-Jan-13 10:44:56

rosy welcome back! It's human nature. That's why. Even Paul expects it! That's the beauty of his system rather than going to a fat club and bring told you've let them down! hmm Time to dig back in to the book.

sarahcrowe Fri 04-Jan-13 11:15:44

Hi - please can I join you all?
I have tried ICMYT in the past and for a few weeks so really improvements but now the thought of listening to the CD again ( I think I know it backwards! ) makes me feel like it isn't going to work!
I have just read the Paul's latest book Gastric Band but have some queries about it.
Please could someone post the 2 links to the blog and FB page please as I need all the help I can get here!
Also I am on chemotherapy and with Xmas etc seemed to have piled on about 10 lbs in 6 weeks. Awful. sad
Sx

Hello lovely ladies. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all.

Welcome back to "oldies" and hello smile to "newbies".

I missed the starting of this new thread, but I am glad I found you all again.

Very happy today when I stepped on the scales I had lost 3lb-ish since my last weigh in and that was despite eating the most I have eaten in 6 months over Christmas. Wooohooooo!! grin

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 04-Jan-13 12:02:07

Welcome to Sarah! Blimey it's all go!

Sarah could some of it be water retention? My Mum was very bloated on chemo.

PA well done you! smile

ppeatfruit Fri 04-Jan-13 12:06:28

Great to see you on here sarahcrowe glad you made it ,we all have to fight negativity !!!
Also it's brill to hear from positive again; grin sounds like very good news from you well done.

I sooo agree with havingAlittle; Fat clubs are just a temporary expensive solution; I'm still a size 10! A touch tighter after the Holidays but that'll come off no problem!!

Dottiespots Fri 04-Jan-13 19:58:55

https://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#!/pages/Paul-McKenna-i-can-make-you-thin-my-journey/261435027219112

Here you go Solo.....boppers page.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 04-Jan-13 21:33:22

Happy new year everyone!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 04-Jan-13 21:58:54

Happy new year doc!

Come and wax lyrical here about Pauling please!

Dottiespots Fri 04-Jan-13 23:53:30

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=tn_tnmn&__req=14#!/pages/Paul-
McKenna-i-can-make-you-thin-my-journey/261435027219112?fref=ts

sorry try again

bopper198 Sat 05-Jan-13 08:32:00

Hiya evryone

Thanks awsangel for putting the link to my page on here as I have literally no idea how to do that, lol.
Its my first day doing the gastric band book today so im quiet excited, its likea fresh start.

Its the first stage I am doing, which takes 2 weeks. You have to cut out high fat and highsugar foods and walk 20 mins a day, which everyone does anyway normally. This is supposed to get you ready for the installation cd. There are also excersises to do as in the mirror excersise in icmyt not actual excersises!

Hope you all have a good day.

bopper198 Sat 05-Jan-13 08:37:31

Ooo I just tryed the link and it didnt work for me. So if it doesnt work for you. What I normally do is go to the search bit and type in - paul mckenna I can make you thin my journey.

That normally brings up my page it has a pic of a cake with chocolate and buttons on top. Hope this helps. X

tillytinselpants Sat 05-Jan-13 09:00:22

Hi all, do you mind if I join you? I did start this a year or so ago but rl intervened (doesn't it always?!). But now I'm fed up of feeling fat and unattractive so am determined to lose at least 3 stone this year.

Anyway, first time I did it I lost half a stone in the first 2 weeks so I know it works. I've done WW before & it took me 6 months to lose the same amount!

Morning ladies

<<brushes off baubles and tinsel, packs away Christmas NC and the remainder of the Christmas chocolate>>

Just checking that I have name changed back to normal properly. I am always nervous of these things.

bopper - I found you easily enough by your description but I think this might be a link if that helps FB page here

Good luck with the first couple of weeks. They sound like it might be tough. Is it only 2 weeks of consciously having to restrict what you eat until the 'gastric band' kicks in? I think I could cope with 2 weeks but indefinitely would be a problem. smile I have 'liked' your page so shall follow with interest.

You might feel the need to change your profile pics in a few days though - those cakes look good!! grin

Yay! NC worked!

ppeatfruit Sat 05-Jan-13 14:35:20

hello everyone!! smile you're very welcome tillytinsel!! it's an exciting time on here!!!

Oh sols Hope the party goes really well; shame it's going to clash with the P.M. webchat .

tillytinselpants Sat 05-Jan-13 19:29:11

Thank you pp. I really must change from my Xmas name!

JakeBullet Sat 05-Jan-13 19:34:10

I a planning to start this next week when DS goes back to school and everything is a bit more normal.

Can't wait.smile

bopper198 Sat 05-Jan-13 19:41:27

Hiya

Bbb is that right? It is only 2 weeks I dont think I could cope with any more either! Thank you for liking my page. I have changed one of my pics, weirdly enough I did it before reading your post, but I cant seem to change the profile pic, I think I might have to go on to the actual computer to do that!

Happy pauling to all x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now