Happy New Year! Happy New Paul McKenna Thread Number 11. Healthy Weight Loss Without Restricting Your Enjoyment Of Food! Come Join The Paulettes For Support And Chat.

(980 Posts)
GoodKingWenSOLOslas Tue 01-Jan-13 03:58:46

Welcome to thread 11 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. After all, eating a meal is not a competition.
Many people have issues around food. Many of us have been brought up by the 'clear your plate' parents of yesteryear which leave us feeling guilty if we leave even the smallest morsel of food, but we are working through this guilt or any other hang up we might have, and we are learning to leave a bit on the plate; return to it another time if we really want to or even feed it to the dog or the bin!
So!! forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry OH NO we're not!!! so come on in and start living your new life today and make 2013 your year to drop a dress size or several.

Hungryclocks - Hello! it could be working if you are eating healthier and less. I don't necessarily think this has be subconsciously done - it can help but be in the forefront of your mind given all you have been through. You will be watching what you eat given your op. That doesn't mean that your continued success in eating well isn't due to the trance or that you should be not giving food any thought.

However, I would just say that listening to the trance should be a regular thing to begin with. You perhaps haven't given it much of a chance to be embedded yet? We are all different and the effects aren't necessarily instant. You have the extra difficulty of having had the band fitting which has to make a difference to your perception of what hungry feels like. It will take some getting used to. Maybe you should stick to the idea of stopping when you are no longer hungry rather than worrying about whether you are actually full. If you eat slowly enough you give yourself time to think about whether you really do need to eat or whether you are just continuing until all the food has gone.

WRT clearing the plate, I know PMcK says leave something but whether it is really a problem to clear your plate depends on how much is on it really. Consciously try to keep portions small, you can always have more if you need it, and then just leave the last mouthful. That way you are breaking the habit of clearing the plate for the sake of it.

Well done for getting this far though. smile

Oh crap.

Befuddled Sat morning thinking and the inability to read. I thought you said you'd had an actual gastric band fitted not a virtual one. [Grin]

OK - advice is the same. Listen to the trance more, have smaller portions and leave the last mouthful and see where you go from there. I still think that knowing you are trying to use this method will mean that you naturally give some thought to what you are putting in your mouth. I don't think this is an issue unless you are labelling food good and bad and eating what you think you should eat even if you don't want it. There is no harm in making healthy choices per se.

ppeatfruit Sat 20-Apr-13 12:30:26

Hungryclocks you're very welcome to join us grin there is a thread for virtual gastric banders as well.

How are you and Abby Hada? grin

HungryClocksGoBackFourSeconds Sat 20-Apr-13 18:05:46

thanks Bertha I think I'm going to listen every night till it seems to work. Why do you need to leave something on the plate? Is it just to break the habit of clearing it? It didn't mention this in the gastric band book.

pp do you know the thread name?

HadALittleFaithBaby Sat 20-Apr-13 22:15:33

She's currently stuffing her face - 40 mins and counting! I'm a typical new Mum. Terrified and shattered but totally in love smile

ppeatfruit Sun 21-Apr-13 08:43:56

It's on the Big Thin Club page like this thread hungryclocks The books and cds that go with the I Cam Make You Thin WOE mention the empty plates grin.

Aah bless her little cottton socks!!! Sounds normal and really good grin So you'll be home soon yes? Hada

HadALittleFaithBaby Sun 21-Apr-13 09:20:17

We are home smile came home Friday. Friday night was awful - her resp rate slowed and we had to have her checked in A&E. scary time but appears to be a one off. Last night was much, much better! She is getting into an eating/cuddling/sleeping pattern every few hours but DH worked as a team and we managed well smile Midwife saw her yesterday and is happy with her progress - she is well and maintained her weight from Thursday to Saturday purely on breast milk. She's currently snoozing on DH's chest smile

Hello to hungry. I definitely found that listening to the cd daily drummed the principles home. The feeling full thing is tricky but for me it came with time.

HungryClocksGoBackFourSeconds Sun 21-Apr-13 09:25:04

Thanks, might but the ICMYT book too if I can find it cheap somewhere.

Congratulations on your new arrival Hada flowers

Hi Faith, glad you made it home. Your first night sounds scary though - get used to it. The little darlings like to scare us. grin

So, how many photos have you taken so far? smile

Hungryclocks - yes, the idea of leaving a mouthful is to break the habit of clearing your plate regardless. A lot of us were brought up not to waste food and to eat everything put in front of us but this doesn't take account of our appetite or needs so just encourages us to over eat. Leaving something makes you think more about yourself and how you are feeling than some arbitrary rule.

ppeatfruit Sun 21-Apr-13 11:23:35

Agree with BBB

hungryclocks Also one of the best tips (from P.M.) I found to really get into the zone is to chew each mouthful 15 to 25 times (depending on the food of course) grin

Fairygen Sun 21-Apr-13 11:34:14

Hi all,
I've been following PM HGB since end of February, with great results. Lost just under a stone in the first month, but then fell of the wagon and struggling to get back on track. It's basically the same as ICMYT but with the back up of the hypnotic gastric band

I was on an thread, but they've dropped like flies!! Now only about 2 posts a week if lucky!!

ppeatfruit Sun 21-Apr-13 12:01:55

You're welcome on here fairygen it's been quiet too maybe its the good weather finally grin

I'm thinking the good weather will bring them back ppeat. It can't only be me who has suddenly realised that it won't be long before we have to start stripping off all those layers of clothing we have been hiding under covered in for the last few months. It is a great motivator! grin

Solo Sun 21-Apr-13 16:25:37

Hello all. Hope you are well?

I'm unable to log onto my computer very often at all. I hardly seem to see my children either sad or my Mum. I'm absolutely shattered too, so Mumsnet is the last thing I think about for longer than a few seconds as I climb into bed...
I'm eating more than I have done for a long time because I'm running about all day long at work and have to eat my meals at the designated time or go hungry and the days are often very very long. I am not losing weight, so I'm probably going to listen to the VGB cd. I'll come back when I can and will try to think of a suitable thread title for the next chapter smile

HungryClocksGoBackFourSeconds Sun 21-Apr-13 19:30:02

In HGB it says to avoid soups and stew because you eat quicker and don't realize you're full, but if you want to eat them, what do you do? Obviously can't chew soup 20 times!! Would counting to 20 in between every mouthful work?

Solo Sun 21-Apr-13 20:28:42

Yes to counting in between mouthfuls. Hello! grin What is HGB?

Solo Sun 21-Apr-13 20:36:08

OMG!!! FAITH Congratulations! that's fabulous news!! grin

Solo Sun 21-Apr-13 20:36:43

<sorry, just read back slightly!>

ppeatfruit Sun 21-Apr-13 21:00:09

ermm.... Hypnotic Gastric Band???? I'm guessing though it could be Huge Giant Balloon for all I know grin Really great to hear from youSolo grin yes its brilliant about our little Paulette Abby isn't it?

HadALittleFaithBaby Sun 21-Apr-13 21:48:58

Thanks solo. She is a treasure. Currently having a feed. I'm hoping fairly night tonight I'm getting pretty tired now. Had a lovely day though seen family and took her for a walk in the pushchair smile

ppeatfruit Mon 22-Apr-13 07:20:27

IIRC you don't get much sleep in the early days HadA You HAVE to sleep when you can (when the baby sleeps grin) and hang the housework!

Fairygen Mon 22-Apr-13 11:30:05

ppeatfruit yes, it's supposed to make you think your stomach is smaller so you can't physically overeat without feeling ill. You must use it along with the four golden rules, and listen to the cd once a week.

I found it really worked, but had to listen to the cd about 3 times a week in the beginning.

The only reason I have struggled over the last month is because I haven't stuck to the rules 100%. Back on track now though

ppeatfruit Mon 22-Apr-13 11:40:29

The funny thing is with the ICMYT it also also makes you feel ill if you overeat. I have actually felt revolted by the food on my plate after enjoying it when I felt hungry grin

HungryClocksGoBackFourSeconds Mon 22-Apr-13 16:22:56

I only ate half my lunch today. <faints with shock>

Fluer Tue 23-Apr-13 00:09:43

Hi. Ive been very busy lately but sticking to this WOE. Im guessing that all you ladies have lost your weight as you have been on here for ages. So my question to BB and PP is....how much did you lose and have you managed to keep the weight off? Mines coming off slowly but surely and finding it easy. Just follow the 4 rules and listen to the cd. I love fruit and veg, nuts but finding I cant eat as much of anything now that im doing the conscious eating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now