Happy New Year! Happy New Paul McKenna Thread Number 11. Healthy Weight Loss Without Restricting Your Enjoyment Of Food! Come Join The Paulettes For Support And Chat.

(980 Posts)
GoodKingWenSOLOslas Tue 01-Jan-13 03:58:46

Welcome to thread 11 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. After all, eating a meal is not a competition.
Many people have issues around food. Many of us have been brought up by the 'clear your plate' parents of yesteryear which leave us feeling guilty if we leave even the smallest morsel of food, but we are working through this guilt or any other hang up we might have, and we are learning to leave a bit on the plate; return to it another time if we really want to or even feed it to the dog or the bin!
So!! forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry OH NO we're not!!! so come on in and start living your new life today and make 2013 your year to drop a dress size or several.

Dottiespots Thu 28-Feb-13 13:37:10

"love"

ppeatfruit Thu 28-Feb-13 14:25:38

awsWhat I took you to mean at first was that you used to live like they do in Neighbours lol!! grin What a lovely place for you to live in North Wales now but do you miss the heat in Aus.?

Ref. swearing DH used to be a journo and they all swore like troopers so he's in the habit and you sort of get used to it.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 28-Feb-13 14:29:44

Yes aws all of the above! I've been diagnosed with a UTI, on antibiotics but also have an irritable uterus and at the moment I'm basically having contractions whenever I walk! Think it'll be sooner rather than later at this rate! Taken the rest of the week off work to try to recover.

I luff N Wales, we were there this time last year (had a mini break jn Lladudno). Beautiful part of the world smile

ppeatfruit Thu 28-Feb-13 21:22:53

OOOOh having you're having Braxton Hicks contractions; I was having those with DS for 2 weeks before he was born so don't be too sure you'll see her soon!!! Good idea to get some rest grin If you're due in March shouldn't you be on ML now anyway?

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 28-Feb-13 21:24:52

I'm not due til the end of April! I'm 32 weeks! Hence why the fact that baby is already head down and me having Braxton Hicks makes me think that, while she may not pop out fro a few weeks, she may well pop out before 8 weeks' time! smile

ppeatfruit Thu 28-Feb-13 21:34:19

Blimey! Take some calming Camomile tea to relax you and junior! Good night (it's an hour later here so I'm off to bed). grin

chinhealer Fri 01-Mar-13 02:12:03

Happy St David's Day to Mr awsangel and any other Welsh friends on here!

KinkyDorito Fri 01-Mar-13 07:27:47

Okay. Am starting properly today.

Have listened to PMK and chewed my toast.

Off we go! I need to do something as am looking more and more like a melon on stilts with each day that passes. It isn't a good look, especially when surrounded by tiny, dynamic, younger people at work.

ppeatfruit Fri 01-Mar-13 08:00:28

I'm nearly MIL to a lovely Welsh boy can I be Happy St David's Day'd please as well!! chin grin and to you all!

chinhealer Fri 01-Mar-13 08:26:29

Happy St David's Day to ppeatfruit, her lovely Welsh boy and anybody with any kind of Welsh connections of any sort!

ppeatfruit Fri 01-Mar-13 08:53:48

Aw shucks grin Thanks chin !! how's it going BTW?

Dottiespots Fri 01-Mar-13 14:13:57

Thanks Chin and PP...btw....Im Australian/Welsh. My Dad is Welsh, Mum is Irish/American.....so Happy St. David Day to all of us with Welshy connections.....Dydd Dewi Sant Hapus !!!!

Dottiespots Fri 01-Mar-13 14:14:54

Up here in North Wales Welsh is the everyday spoken language. English is secondary.

Dottiespots Fri 01-Mar-13 14:19:15

Go you KinkyDorito. Good on you for starting again. Melon is so not a good look ha ha. Im glad im still doing this way of eating and find its an ongoing every day, every time I eat process of thought. Nothing major, just ....am I hungry etc. Im not losing weight very quickly but Im learning to tune in to .....me!!!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 01-Mar-13 20:06:15

Go for it kinky!

Can I have a proud of myself moment? We just had GF chicken kievs for tea that I cooked....from scratch! I have a GF cooking book and since I'm off work I gave it a bash. Was a bit fiddly (prep a bit, refrigerate for half an hour, repeat etc) but totally worth it and really yummy! smile

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 01-Mar-13 20:06:45

Ps I definitely have the melon look down! grin

Dottiespots Fri 01-Mar-13 23:29:16

Having....well done on your acheivement.stdavids grin

ppeatfruit Sat 02-Mar-13 11:54:03

OOh I didn't see the daffodils aws grin

Having Congratulations on cooking from scratch! I do that but I have one day when I 'cook' for the freezer so not continually cooking IFYSWIM which does get me down!

Yes Kinky glad to have you back on board grin, how's your DD?

Dottiespots Sun 03-Mar-13 16:55:22

Hi everyone.....its gone a bit quiet so thought I would come on. Still going well for me. Not eating as much wheat but can take a little bit and my tummy is okish. Have found myself eating when not really really hungry lately so need to take charge of myself!!!! Hope your all enjoying your Sunday. Im off to make Sunday Dinner now. Yum....I hope......

ppeatfruit Mon 04-Mar-13 09:15:36

Hello aws grin I hope yr. Sunday Dinner went well! One of the best things about this is you just have to start following the rules again and it gets going again!! It's not a big deal that's why IMO its for life!!!

Dottiespots Mon 04-Mar-13 17:17:22

So true.

ppeatfruit Tue 05-Mar-13 13:32:10

It's very quiet again, everyone must be on the virtual gastric band thread!!

nevergoogle Tue 05-Mar-13 20:06:46

i'm here, i'm back in the zone and have lost 4.5 pounds, grin

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 05-Mar-13 20:14:49

That's great never! How do you feel in yourself?

I'm not on the gastric band thread, I'm just getting increasingly round (although the MW who does our ante-natal classes commented on my neat bump smile ). 10lb heavier then when I got preggers (but baby weighs 4lb according to my app!).

nevergoogle Tue 05-Mar-13 20:35:51

I feel good. I'm not snacking nearly as much, and when i do I just don't crave the stuff I used to. I even managed to buy chocolate for the family at the petrol station and looked around for something that I really wanted to have, there was nothing that i fancied so I went without...and i was actually hungry. I waited until we arrived at our destination and had a great lunch instead.

it really is unheard of for me to pass on chocolate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now