Happy New Year! Happy New Paul McKenna Thread Number 11. Healthy Weight Loss Without Restricting Your Enjoyment Of Food! Come Join The Paulettes For Support And Chat.

(980 Posts)
GoodKingWenSOLOslas Tue 01-Jan-13 03:58:46

Welcome to thread 11 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. After all, eating a meal is not a competition.
Many people have issues around food. Many of us have been brought up by the 'clear your plate' parents of yesteryear which leave us feeling guilty if we leave even the smallest morsel of food, but we are working through this guilt or any other hang up we might have, and we are learning to leave a bit on the plate; return to it another time if we really want to or even feed it to the dog or the bin!
So!! forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry OH NO we're not!!! so come on in and start living your new life today and make 2013 your year to drop a dress size or several.

Dottiespots Wed 02-Jan-13 20:08:04

A lady who has her own little facebook blog of her experiences on the PM way of eating has just purchased his latest book which is the same thing as I can make you thin but with a hypnotic gastric bypass band cd included. She is going to try it out soon so I am really looking forward to seeing how she gets on. Dont think its for me though as I want to try and just eat normally but will be interesting to see how she does.

bopper198 Wed 02-Jan-13 20:46:32

Hiya everyone can I join in your thread? I have been trying to do the I can make you thin for years.

I also have a page on facebook called paul mckenna I can make you thin, my journey which I plan to use more now. As I have decided that this year I am going to do it. And its always nice to have the support of people who are in the same position as you.

Also I have just bought and read his new book the gastric band one.

Hope you dont mind me joining in.

Dottiespots Wed 02-Jan-13 21:29:16

Hi bopper......Im so glad to see youve joined the thread. It was you I was talking about in my post before you. And.....you WILL do it this year. I dont know what it is but since finding this thread I have stuck to PM WOE with no trouble and thats without listening to the cd yet or looking at the book. It must be the constant support of all these lovely ladies and Im actually quite excited that I think I have finally "got it". Talk soon. x

monkey13 Wed 02-Jan-13 21:43:18

hello i have been dong this since 2007, but have struggled lat few years since having babies¬

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 02-Jan-13 22:53:17

Hello you lot - found you grin Happy New Year <mwah>

Solo go slowly with the man - and I am really NOT a prude, DH and I woke up together the day after we first met <ahem>
You have got so much on your plate, the last thing you need is to be thrown off kilter by relationship issues.

I totally get feeling like you don't know whether you fancy him or not because you don't feel good about yourself. I'm pissed off with myself because I've done no exercise since the end of November (succession of poorly children and then poorly self) and have eaten too much through December (tiredness and Christmas). I have therefore put on several pounds, and a couple of inches around the middle.
I have totally gone off sex because I feel horrid and lumpy and lethargic.

Welcome angel, bopper and monkey smile

I am going to weigh and measure tomorrow morning, and start at the beginning of the book and journal again with the exercises and everything.

BigBaubledBertha Wed 02-Jan-13 23:23:36

Hello everybody. Welcome to bopper and monkey. smile

Nice to see you Alibaba - it seems ages since you were here but it sounds like you have a good reason not to be bothered with this. I hope you are all fighting fit now.

aws - yes, I did put the weight back on. Well most of it, not all and then I lost a stone with PMcK but a bit of that has gone back on too because I haven't really been doing what I was supposed to - too much else going on really. What did surprise me was that even when I wasn't doing the Alternate day thing, it did take quite a while for the weight to start to go back on which the science suggested would be the case. I stopped doing it properly and when the weight didn't go straight back I kind of thought I had got away with it and I didn't need to worry any more. It didn't last forever though. They say that the residual effects of the diet on your hormones and appetite do linger but obviously it isn't permanent.

In the end it was hard work and not really how I wanted to live my life. It was OK during term time when I was able to eat very little during the day and do my own thing, but when the children were home and I had to join in with their lunch, it was more of a challenge (but I find that with Pauling too - damn those childrengrin). It was an interesting experience doing the Alternate Day thing, as I was doing a psychology course on the effects of ageing on the brain at the time and it sort of overlapped with reading about the diet and very low cal eating so it had a certain credibility that a lot of the more bizarre diets don't. I just wish it was more doable. I just don't have the focus and the interest in food that is required for it all really.

All water under the bridge. I need to refocus and get back to proper Pauling. No more excuses.

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Thu 03-Jan-13 01:13:48

I did fancy him when we met; I mean I was doing the chatting up which I never do so I really must have. I just think that I'm very guarded and not intentionally, I just can't rush into anything right now and yes, you are right Ali, I do have a lot happening. I'm no prude either by the way wink.
I will take it as slowly as I want to I think...I think that he is not alpha enough to go for it himself, or maybe he's been through the marital mill and a bit scared too, or maybe he is crap in the bedroom and knows it or maybe he's picking up on my barriers. We share the same birthday and if he's as sensitive as I am, then I can see that he'll feel my worries.
I was a svelte size 12 the last time I had sex and keep in mind that I have been completely sex free for more than 4 years and have in fact only DTD twice since I was pg with Dd and she's now 6 sad
Writing that down makes me feel even worse.

I am going to keep going with the weight loss.

Welcome new ladies smile sorry about the <ahem> personal chat blush.

I rather like the sound of the new disc!

I've heard of that 5:2 diet which sounds awful to me.

ppeatfruit Thu 03-Jan-13 09:53:00

Morning Everyone grin Happy New Year esp. Ali it's nice to hear from you again (there's so much going on in this thread ATM which is brilliant but a bit confusing!!)

Oh and a great big welcome to bopper and monkey grin There's a MNer who's going to come on here her name is*sarah crowe* she's got the virtual gastric band book and I suggested that we'd be interested in her experiences.Is that the name of the FB lady aws? many congrats for 'getting' the P.M. way BTW!!

ref. Sex with body issues grin could you not turn down the lights, give him a glass of something nice, put on mood music etc. and jump on him sols? IMO It's nice that he's also taking it easy.I agree about the sound of the 5:2 diet!

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Thu 03-Jan-13 10:17:25

Morning all! Welcome to bopper and monkey! Great to have you here grin Please post often and ask questions, some of us long termers need a prod to post regularly!

I'm Faith. Been Pauling for nearly a year shock I'm currently 5 months pregnant so not trying to lose weight but working on Pauling so I don't gain too much! smile

solo there wasn't a massive spark with me and DH initially, more of a slow grower! There's no rush if you like him.

ppeatfruit Thu 03-Jan-13 10:24:22

Are you over the lurgie now ocome? i was going to recommend you looked at yr dairy intake 'cos I get those symptoms as soon as I have more than the tiniest bit of dairy; but taking elderflower tea and echinacea is a wonderful help!

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Thu 03-Jan-13 10:27:43

No sadly still full of it, although the terrible earache and sinus pains have gone. I can't have echinacea with the bump (apparently). I know I should reduce the dairy but its the only thing giving me comfort! I reckon I'll be over the worst by tomorrow. Fortunately DH and I both got a better night's sleep last night which helped!

ppeatfruit Thu 03-Jan-13 10:42:14

OComeElderflower is very gentle and it clears horrible phlegmy coughs TMI but i'm sure you know what I mean! You can use other non dairy milks for hot drinks though. I LOVE organic soya milk (get the best one you can though 'cos a lot of them are not rich enough for that comfort hit!). DH has to cut his dairy cream in his coffee otherwise he gets asthma immediately after he drinks it.!

Oh I just remembered that the acupressure ex, I gave tb is quite miraculous for coughs I'll give it ti you if you're interested.

bopper198 Thu 03-Jan-13 11:15:27

Hiya everyone I am the facebook lady, lol. My name is katherine johns but I prefere kate.

I am more motivated to do it this year. I suppose the new year always feels like a good new begining.
I would be interested in hearing about sarahs experience with the gastic band book. And everyone elses weight loss journey. I think its always easier when you have the support of others in the same position.

Hope you have a good day.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 03-Jan-13 13:44:59

Eek - girls Paul is doing a web chat! On Monday! Everyone think of some good questions grin

ppeatfruit Thu 03-Jan-13 13:55:37

EEEk I've got there first Ali !!!! I can't do the live chat though 'cos our connections are not THAT brilliant!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 03-Jan-13 13:57:20

On here?!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 03-Jan-13 14:00:28

Yes!

ppeatfruit Thu 03-Jan-13 14:00:35

Yes look at the latest news window.!!!!!!

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Thu 03-Jan-13 16:36:14

Argh!!! I can't do the web chat either! I'm throwing a party for Dd that doesn't finish until 1.30 and I don't have a webcam (though I could probably borrow one!). I'm gutted! and you get a freebie copy too if you join in! <weeps> I'm gutted some more sad

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Thu 03-Jan-13 16:38:57

<completely forgets about the sex thing!>

Welcome bopper198 smile

BigBaubledBertha Thu 03-Jan-13 17:50:01

PMcK has been banging on about his latest tour and new book on FB too. I wouldn't worry about not seeing him on the webchat. I think we are going to be seeing a lot of him everywhere for the next few weeks.

What are the odds he is booked onto the One Show within the next fortnight do you think? Probably a slot on breakfast telly I shouldn't wonder and probably a slot of either Steve Wright or Jeremy Vine <<cynical>>

Cynicism aside I am interested in how the gastric band stuff is different to what we are doing. I just hope it doesn't start straying into the world of the faddy diet.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 03-Jan-13 18:15:44

Hello folks - sorry to butt in but just a quick note to say you don't need a webcam to take part in the chat with Mr Mc - or even to be around on Monday - you can post a question now on the thread or join in on the day - webcam or not! The chat will happen on the thread as with other mn webchats, it's just the hangout bit afterwards which requires webcams.
ENJOY!

BigBaubledBertha Thu 03-Jan-13 18:58:51

Thanks AnnMumsnet. smile

I'm sure we'll all take a gander at some point.

Deafworm Thu 03-Jan-13 20:55:31

I may have just bared my soul on the chat thread but a thank you was in order I think. I'm quite overexcited about it though, last time was great and has made such a difference to me.

Welcome, angel, bopper and monkey, this thread is so useful, I'm terrible for forgetting to post and the moment I lose touch I lose the momentum with my eating too. Bopper I've liked your page so plan to follow how the gastric band works for you, I have so much to lose I'm very tempted, heck I've been tempted by the real thing, but I'm Breastfeeding so I doubt it's possible at the moment. Hopefully by the time I'm not feeding I won't need it grin

I can't bring myself to cut out wheat or dairy completely but when I drink soya milk and avoid bread I find I feel much better in my tummy, cutting out cheese and the odd cake is just not happening though its why I like pm so much!

I listened to the trance earlier and actually hit the eating slowly etc properly for the first time (this time at least) tonight, there's something quite satisfying about a smaller plate still not cleared! How are you all doing?

bopper198 Thu 03-Jan-13 21:54:47

Hiya thank you for all the welcoming comments you all seem very freindly.

This year is going to be great. Deafworm thank you for liking my page. And thanks for the support. I haveone more 'christmasey' day left, then I am starting my gastric journey on saturday. How is everyone else doing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now