Threads in this topic will auto-delete after 90 days.

Happy New Year! Happy New Paul McKenna Thread Number 11. Healthy Weight Loss Without Restricting Your Enjoyment Of Food! Come Join The Paulettes For Support And Chat.

(980 Posts)
GoodKingWenSOLOslas Tue 01-Jan-13 03:58:46

Welcome to thread 11 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. After all, eating a meal is not a competition.
Many people have issues around food. Many of us have been brought up by the 'clear your plate' parents of yesteryear which leave us feeling guilty if we leave even the smallest morsel of food, but we are working through this guilt or any other hang up we might have, and we are learning to leave a bit on the plate; return to it another time if we really want to or even feed it to the dog or the bin!
So!! forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry OH NO we're not!!! so come on in and start living your new life today and make 2013 your year to drop a dress size or several.

chinhealer Tue 26-Feb-13 17:11:35

@awsangel - I hope you don't think I was telling you off?! If that's how it came across, I didn't mean it to! Please forgive!

I have to say that Paul McKenna himself is absolutely fanatical about the evils of the diet industry. I went to his Weight Loss Event on Saturday (which I'm gonna blog about in the next couple of days) and he was absolutely scathing about Atkins, for instance! But, sure, it doesn't sound to me like you are being faddish or diet-minded at all! You know what agrees with you and you still have plenty of carbs in your food! It's just those that don't work for you that you are avoiding. Fair enough!

I hope you are not too disheartened to post on here. I have found camaraderie and exchange of ideas and views and experiences really interesting and encouraging. And you were one of the first who offered that to me back when I started all this!

Dottiespots Tue 26-Feb-13 17:38:24

he he......your on mumsnet.....you could have put the full swearword I think!!! grinBut yes your right......Its still mindful eating after all. So.....was wondering....and you have probably already mentioned it so sorry for that.....but what foods do you leave out of your food list.?

ppeatfruit Tue 26-Feb-13 19:49:33

Sorry are you talking to me aws? grin I don't swear fully 'cos I know there are some on this thread who are quite religious and it's not a brilliant habit TBH grin. I follow my Blood Type which is not a diet like Atkins but a WOE that is tailored according to your blood type of course! It's for health because my family history for cancer and heart disease and arthritis is fairly grim ! the author is Dr. Peter D'Adamo.

Ha ha ha PP You have made me smile first thing this morning!! Do I presume I might come into the "Quite religious" category?? Well, I am a Christian and a missionary out here, but please don't feel like you have to water things down for me! you should hear me sometimes!!!

DD1 is 21 year old, but it is DD3 who is getting married. She will only be 19 when she gets married - I know, I know, very young, but they have been together since she was 14 and I have never met a couple who are more "made for each other" ANd her life has been a very different from a normal teenager as she has had severe ME for the past 5 years.

Dottiespots Wed 27-Feb-13 00:09:37

Hi Positive ....sorry things a bit stressful for you at the moment. My daughters getting married next year and she has been with her boyfriend since they were 15. Shes 22. They are so lovely together.
PP I dont swear alot....really.....but Im Australian so swearing does come naturally to me. ha ha.!!

chinhealer Wed 27-Feb-13 00:58:01

@awsangel - I used to love those 'exotic' mild curses we used to hear on Neighbours when I was a kid... "drongo", particularly, springs to mind!

ppeatfruit Wed 27-Feb-13 08:33:36

positive My DS's GF has got her ME under control using the blood type.

chin or 'sugar' or 'shucks' for shxx grin

aws are you in Aus now?

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 27-Feb-13 08:40:47

I think I'm in the 'fairly religious' camp too! smile I try not to swear but it depends on how bad things are at work generally! I am on a TTC/conception thread (obviously I'm a graduate but still hang out to see how they are doing) so I'm used to the swearing!

I do agree that we all have the approach of managing what we eat whilst eating 'what we want' - I take that more as 'Eat what your body is telling you to' rather than giving into cravings. I was drinking quite a lot of coke and cut it out (for lent!). I've stopped craving it and feel loads better. My abdo pain is loads better too from cutting out fizzy drinks and having acupuncture! smile

My favourite Aussie insult has to be Shove ya dingo down a mine shaft! grin

ppeatfruit Wed 27-Feb-13 08:49:07

Hello having grin Yeah that's fair dinkum !!! I've never heard that one grin

DH cuts out the booze for Lent and he's ALWAYS soo much better for it!! I wonder why he goes back on it, You won't go back on the brown fizzy sugar water will you? I really started to get a big negative thing about that stuff when the manufacturers were talking about having every household with a 3rd tap on the sink dispensing it shock shock like it was good for you or something !!!!!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 27-Feb-13 09:01:53

I cut diet coke out when I started Pauling - we used to drink a lot - and I had a sip of DH's the other day. It was vile. I think coke will go back to being a rare treat rather than something we have in the house a lot.

ppeatfruit Wed 27-Feb-13 09:10:36

It was the one thing I banned in the house.When we had parties we bought the M&S or the Whole Earth\ healthy version. The diet version has aspartame in it which is worse than sugar for you

.Sorry for the rant it just upsets me that the manuf. make SOOOOO much money out of selling total shite grin.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 27-Feb-13 09:37:06

When I was at Curves, they told me that people who drink diet coke regularly end up craving carbs and often consume up to 400 calories a day more?! If its there, I'll drink it. If its not, I'll usually chose water! Speaks for itself really.

ppeatfruit Wed 27-Feb-13 10:53:25

Yes I saw a programme on telly that tested people's diets after drinking the diet stuff (any diet fizz) and found the same thing because our bodies don't 'recognise' the chemical sweeteners as food and so we eat more calories to make up.

ppeatfruit Wed 27-Feb-13 10:54:05

sorry what is curves?

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 27-Feb-13 11:00:02

Curves is a gym aimed at women. I was there for about 3 years but quit when the abdo pain was bad enough to stop me going. Works on the principle that 30 mins 3 times a week is sufficient to see body changes (and it was!). They also do a 'weight management' programme which I found a but mixed. Basic principles with food combining and ensuring I actually had enough protein was good but you did 7 days at 1200 calories shock I was starving 3 weeks at 1500 calories then a 'maintenance phase' at 2000 calories, when you start gaining again, back to 1200 calories, the idea being that eventually your body is used to eating 2000 calories a day and you only need to do the 1200 calories if your weight starts creeping up. I just couldn't cope with the 1200 calories a day!

ppeatfruit Wed 27-Feb-13 11:10:54

Blimey! I reckon P.M. is MUCH better, shame about the calorie counting 'cos the rest sounds sensible grin Especially when you consider that i've never counted a calorie in my life!!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 27-Feb-13 11:14:57

When I did the lower carb for the first time on 1200 calories, I felt so ill I had to go to bed at 8pm two nights with a blinding headache! I still follow the recipes because they are pretty sensible and get ideas for snacks from the book but just don't count the calories! smile

EducationalAppStore Wed 27-Feb-13 11:25:26

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

ppeatfruit Wed 27-Feb-13 12:05:19

Not surprising you were ill having 1200 cals is starvation rations! grin

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 27-Feb-13 12:08:24

DH politely requested that I stopped because I was hell to live with! A while after I started Pauling and running and lost more weight than I did in the starvation mode in the same time frames smile

ppeatfruit Wed 27-Feb-13 12:19:39

Of course because your body was in starvation mode and weight STAYS on because your body doesn't know when it's going to be fed next so hangs on to the weight already there. (that what P.M. says anyway!! grin) I guess he's right too!

ppeatfruit Wed 27-Feb-13 12:21:14

BTW did you see what that poster who was deleted wrote?

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 27-Feb-13 12:34:49

Yes it was spam for apps. I reported it. They're popping up all over!

I'm really glad I was Pauling before I got pregnant actually because I think if I was dieting before I got pregnant and had to stop when I got pregnant, I think I'd have piled the weight on. Instead my body has been used to me eating what I fancy but eating well and I've just tried to continue that and the weight hasn't piled on as I feared smile

ppeatfruit Wed 27-Feb-13 13:57:36

Oh just an ad. thanks! I'm glad you discovered Paul Mc just in time!!

Dottiespots Thu 28-Feb-13 13:36:31

PP No....dont live in Aus. married a Welshman and live in the mountains in the very north of Wales. My parents still live there though. I used to live Neighbours....in the beginning....havnt watched it for about 20years now. Im a bit partial to the "F" word but people around me are in total shock when I use it cause they say "Im a lady" and they didnt expect that word to come from my mouth. Im like..."Im Australian"...what do you expect ha ha!!.
Have....OMG not long for you now....its nearly March!!! How you feeling about it all? Excited, scared cause its got to come out he he!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now