Happy New Year! Happy New Paul McKenna Thread Number 11. Healthy Weight Loss Without Restricting Your Enjoyment Of Food! Come Join The Paulettes For Support And Chat.

(980 Posts)
GoodKingWenSOLOslas Tue 01-Jan-13 03:58:46

Welcome to thread 11 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. After all, eating a meal is not a competition.
Many people have issues around food. Many of us have been brought up by the 'clear your plate' parents of yesteryear which leave us feeling guilty if we leave even the smallest morsel of food, but we are working through this guilt or any other hang up we might have, and we are learning to leave a bit on the plate; return to it another time if we really want to or even feed it to the dog or the bin!
So!! forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry OH NO we're not!!! so come on in and start living your new life today and make 2013 your year to drop a dress size or several.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 18-Feb-13 21:03:59

Hello all! Just poking my nose in to catch up with you all smile

Generally sounds promising for most. Tb, sorry to hear your time away was rough but sounds like you're doing well?

Kinky! How luffly to see you! Only 10 weeks to go smile Sorry to hear DD was so ill but it sounds like she's progressing on the whole?

I've got quite used to gluten free pasta after several years of it. I still miss proper bread but have adjusted to the GF stuff. ppeat was it you who offered to send me a recipe for GF bread? Cos yes please, I'd like it!

I'm 31 weeks tomorrow. Rather rotund, bump getting in the way a lot! Weight gain still hasn't gone too crazy (not obsessively weighing myself but) it seems to vary from between 7 and 9lb gain so far which I'm very happy with!

nevergoogle Mon 18-Feb-13 21:05:34

lol, they are probably in the same class. y1 and y3.

ppeatfruit Tue 19-Feb-13 12:53:03

nevergoogle this is weird shock GD is in Yr.1 in what was Ms. Galbally's class.

havingAlittle sounds like you and our baby are flourishing! I use Kamut, which has a little gluten in it I think, and rice flour for my bread if you still want my recipe I can give it to you !

nevergoogle Tue 19-Feb-13 20:01:40

ppeatfruit y1 is split, so the other y1. grin

chinhealer Wed 20-Feb-13 01:41:11

Hi awsangel,

Things're going swimmingly. Acquired an annoying cold, but, if anything, that has reduced my appetite a little. Still not overeating. Still not snacking at all. Still no crisp and no chocolate and no biscuit and no other proper rubbish has passed my lips*... which is, easily, the longest that has been the case in my life! Still making and eating, mostly, home-cooked food. Still finding sensory delight in every single mouthful!

So, yeah. I'm absolutely chuffed.

Still blogging about it all too if anyone's interested:

cheeriofatty.wordpress.com/2013/02/20/eating-consciously-day-29-despite-the-propaganda-breakfast-isnt-always-important/

How are you getting on with your selective carb-restriction? I think you are correct when you say that we have to avoid certain things according to our individual bodies. I don't tolerate wholegrains of any type at all well. So I steer clear of them. Which is why it annoys me that the diet industry constantly bangs on about how important it is to include them in our diets! They really, really are not healthy for me! (And, I'm willing to bet, quite a lot of others too!) I get on perfectly fine with white bread, 'white' pasta, white rice and 'white' noodles. And I eat one or more of those staples pretty much every day. That's just the way it is.

*Unless you count a couple of takeaways from the chippy in the space of a month. But my portion sizes have gone through the floor and I'm feeling fantastic.

Dottiespots Wed 20-Feb-13 15:18:56

Chin Yay......well done you. I dont tolerate wholegrains too well either and I dont tolerate too much fibre so dont eat beans and the brassica family dont like me ! Had a virus a couple of days ago and was headachey and throwing up for two days, now have a cold but eating well. Have been avoiding too many biscuits and chocolate and eating alot of fruit and veg as my body has been really demanding them. Have lost a bit more weight and fitting into a nice pair of smaller size jeans is in site. Yay!! When I first started eating mindfully with PM I did eat whatever i fancied and stuck to the "rules" but found that I was eating too many biscuits instead of cooking so now eat alot more good stuff but still sticking to PM. Think I just didnt feel like cooking for myself during the day as of course I cook a full dinner every evening for me and the family which always has about 4 or 5 different vegetables. I still have the odd biscuit . Like you I only really listened to the cd once and read the book and it just "clicked" but it is an ongoing journey to tailor my food to suit my body. Ooooo....my favourite pudding at the moment is a bowl of frozen mango and frozen strawberries warmed slightly in the micron with a sprinkling of sugar. Mmmmm....so lovely.

ppeatfruit Thu 21-Feb-13 10:32:42

Morning all grin It sounds like you're doing positively well chin and aws. I can never eat a pudding so make my pudding a meal IYSWIM! I have always eaten fruit on an empty stomach to ease belly aches (it works, even DH found this).

Dottiespots Thu 21-Feb-13 23:46:54

pp...Im not a pudding person really....more a cheese and grapes person but have been craving fresh things so much with this cold hence the mango and strawberry slices.

ppeatfruit Fri 22-Feb-13 10:18:38

awsI LOVE puddings actually grin that's why since being on Paul Mckenna I just haven't the room to eat one after my main course, that FULL feeling would lead to discomfort and not enjoying it properly!

So for example this morning for breakfast I'm having a warm pear, apple, linseed and ground almond smoothie its lovely.(its rich so I can't finish it I just pop it in the fridge for later).

Dottiespots Fri 22-Feb-13 19:58:13

PP mmmmmm......sounds yummy. I was reading boppers facebook this morning and someone has said that they wernt doing too well and that they had failed and would start again. To me that seems like "diet mentallity" as with this mindful eating its ongoing and its something Im doing each day , each minute,each hour. I realised that that is where its different. You dont stop and start it.....you just continue. I admit it takes tweeks that are for your own personal benefit and taste but on the whole its simplicity itself. Things will always happen, everyday will bring challenges and changes but the one thing that doesnt change now is the way I look at food and eat.

Solo Fri 22-Feb-13 21:56:29

Hello all!! smile

ppeatfruit Sat 23-Feb-13 14:04:16

solo!! How are things going m'dear?

aws I've never been on a proper diet IYSWIM (well that does exclude trying to do demi veggie Atkins, for 2 days 12 years ago, and feeling ill so stopping THAT very quickly grin) so i've never been in the failure mode frame. Perhaps that's why P.M. clicked very well for me but at the start I did forget to eat consciously and slowly and still occasionally now but you just do it in the correct way on the next day or at the next meal, because my stomach has shrunk so much now I literally CAN'T overeat so its never a big deal grin

nevergoogle Sat 23-Feb-13 18:10:10

i've added the gastric band hypnosis to the rules and this week my apetite has completely changed. I'm not hungry 20 minutes after breakfast anymore, and if there is cake or pastries going around at tea break, i leave it til i feel hungry and generally this counts as lunch with an apple.
I am eating so much less!

I have been completely falling asleep listening to the cd, so feel i need to do it again. Should I?

nevergoogle Sat 23-Feb-13 21:29:02

this is really very strange....no cravings whatsoever.

if this feeling stays then i'm on to a winner here.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 23-Feb-13 21:33:14

Hey never. In ICMYT I'm sure it says its natural to sleep during the CD but it still goes in on a subliminal level so I wouldn't worry too much! Clearly it's having an impact! smile

nevergoogle Sat 23-Feb-13 21:40:05

has anybody else found such a difference from the hypnosis bit?

i don't believe it would work on it's own, the 4 rules are really important.

i work with a woman who's had actual surgery and she eats crisps and all manner of crap all day, so having a smaller stomach is not a cure in itself.

but i've always struggled with the rules, as i feel hungry often. I think that's where i've struggled before. since doing the hypnosis, i don't seem to have to figure out whether i'm hungry or want to eat for other reasons. i'm feeling more relaxed and trusting that my body will tell me when it's time to eat.

hi everyone, still here! smile

have a good weekend everyone.

ppeatfruit Sun 24-Feb-13 17:00:34

Hi Positive how's things?

nevergoogle i'm not sending you off here but I've just lurked at the P.M. virtual gastric band thread and it may be a better one for you grin it's fascinating actually. Stay in contact and I'll PM you before I visit Totnes next time (hopefully GD is coming here for Easter so it'll be a while yet!)

Dottiespots Sun 24-Feb-13 17:08:07

PP I was looking a reviews for the gastric band...not just PMs version but the hypno band in general and alot of people feel slight pain at the top of the stomach when the hypnosis is done and feel as though they have gone through an operation. Yikes! There was even a couple of people who had to go to A&E cause they were in such pain. And some the the hypno bands require you to eventually go and have the "band" removed". I think even if I wanted to do it Im not that brave to mess around with my body (real or imagined) but it does seem to be doing amazing things for some people.

ppeatfruit Sun 24-Feb-13 17:20:11

Yes aws I was a bit hmm about the painful heartburn bit. I was trying to figure out why that should happen maybe its because 1. the person didn't do the 2 weeks off shxx food thing.
Or 2. its because you eat much slower and the food itself which wouldn't normally affect you (or you're not aware of it) does.

Anyway I prefer ICMYT but the VGB is definitely working well for a lot of people and for some people its necessary to have more rigidity.

nevergoogle Sun 24-Feb-13 18:31:56

I'll go see if i can find the thread. Thanks smile

I am good thanks PP although getting a lot of stress and worry with DD1 at the moment. sad <sigh>
Weight is still going in the right direction, but a lot slower than the first 4 months. I think I will notice the weightloss more when I get back to the UK in the summer and can buy some proper clothes that might actually fit me again. smile

ppeatfruit Tue 26-Feb-13 09:59:53

Morning all its getting quiet on here isn't it ?grin PA how old is DD1 is she the DD getting married? I've just had a flu like thing and have lost MORE weight (which i didn't mean to grin) try walking around on your tiptoes pulling in your belly and bxm at the same time, its a good work out and gets those muscles activating like the muffin buster. You know that one don't you?

Dottiespots Tue 26-Feb-13 15:36:42

Afternoon*PP*....well yes it is a bit quiet. To be honest Ive sort of not really been into posting too much myself as I felt a little told off the other week for posting about how carbs affect me etc. There was quiet a few of us posting regularly about our own various ways of eating with PM but this seems to have dissapeared a bit since then.confused

ppeatfruit Tue 26-Feb-13 16:51:28

aws I don't give a shxx what other people think i just get on and do what I want to do grin i know what works for me grin but that's me grin We can still exchange our views can't we??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now