I'd love to lose a stone...

(281 Posts)
daisydee43 Mon 31-Dec-12 13:59:58

Classic case: been dieting for 10 years on and off, have a hubby who is probably a little underweight, have a 8mth old who needs stuff to be mashed, and I'd love to lose a stone. Saw a picture of me at a wedding yesterday, after I'd lost my pregnancy weight (only put on 6lb), and I nearly cried, looked massive.

I'm 25, a size 12-14, 5 7, and 11 st 8lb so a little chubby. I work 3 days a week and work in retail gardening so run around a bit and do lots of lifting.

I'd like to know if there's anyone who's managed to lose that last bit and if there's any tips?

Thank you

mrsbjunior Tue 01-Jan-13 17:26:58

opps - realised that I have managed to already lose 10lbs by bad typing!! I'm actually 12st 12lbs blush Would like to get back to the stage where people were asking if I'd lost weight - that's always a good feeling

MrsPear Tue 01-Jan-13 17:41:02

Hi can i join too? Had DS 2 9 weeks ago (he was 9 weeks early and i have no excuse for the amount of weight i gained blush ) - the good news is that i now have a normal bmi. The bad news is that it is 24.5 and before baby it was 21. So i am 10st 11 and want to be 9st 4. Gulp. No more biscuits, no more crisps, no more crap for lunch, no more snacking. More water and less tea. When DS 1 is back at pre -school i am going to dust off the exercise DVD and do that, no excuses. The size of my arse /thighs/stomach is just horrible. I look so wide and deep! sad

daisydee43 Tue 01-Jan-13 17:43:55

Welcome mrspear, don't panic were all going to get there!!

MOSagain Tue 01-Jan-13 18:18:42

congratulations on your new baby MrsPear, must have been rather frightening having him that early and I hope all is ok now?

Have you looked into something like buggy boot camp in your area? I joined one a few years ago when DS (now nearly 4) was tiny and it was great. A group of mums wishing prams around and exercising. You could make new 'baby' friends and lose weight.

pleasethanks Tue 01-Jan-13 19:24:28

I'm in. Am currently a stone heavier than I want to be (10 stone 12 pounds). Although I am 5ft 6, I don't carry this weight well and am bursting out of some size 14s at the moment. Just feel minging and want to take better care of myself again.

Have found weightloss resource website really helpful for tracking calories in the past, so might try that again.

daisydee43 Wed 02-Jan-13 08:12:07

Good luck for everyone starting today, I have a great day yesterday stuck to my 1200 cals and have been drinking lots water. Back to work today so I have set breaks to eat in so won't be grazing but I have to do lots manual work so see what my energy levels are like later ...

How's everyone else doing? smile

DancingInTheMoonlight Wed 02-Jan-13 08:16:03

Doing well. Stuck to 1200 cals yesterday. First day at work today but brought my lunch :-)

sassytheFIRST Wed 02-Jan-13 09:10:09

Starting today. Taking kids to theatre this pm so eating out - will just have eggs and toast mid-morning to compensate. And lots of housework to burn off some cals.

Bazinga12 Wed 02-Jan-13 09:11:12

Yup managed 1200 cals as well. Not feeling too hungry yet either.

Just wondering how anyone else copes with family meals? Do you make yourself something totally different, like a ww ready meal or just have a smaller portion or what everyone else is having?

MABS Wed 02-Jan-13 10:02:43

dreadful yesterdya, off to gym later and will be good with food.

daisydee43 Wed 02-Jan-13 11:03:11

Bazinga- I had a Chinese bag meal from morrisons yesterday which sounds terrible for diet but its all we had in so I read the calories and found I could have 1/4 of the meal for 400 cals and gave dh the other 3/4. I tend to do dd her own meal as she's still on babish mashed food. 2 nights a week I normally have a ready meal on own and then go out and sometimes dh doesn't want dinner if he's stressed so I will keep a store of frozen ww meals ready

happybubblebrain Wed 02-Jan-13 11:15:56

Happy New Year.

I would like to drop two dress sizes. I'm a size 12, although some size 12 trousers are a bit tight, I was a size 8 before having a child 6 years ago. I think I look best at this size. Right now I look chubby with a big belly. I never weigh myself, just take weekly measurements. In the last 6 years I've tried low-carbing, but I didn't loose anything. I've also tried being vegan, again I didn't loose any weight. So now I'm trying to just eat healthy and no more than 1400 calories a day. I might also throw in some really low cal days. I'm vegetarian. I already exercise quite a bit. I'm 40 and have a slow metabolism so I think it might take me the whole year to loose it. Yesterday was day 1 - and it was fine, I wasn't starving. I usually find the first 3 days of a diet the hardest.

Good luck to all of you.

morning all. weighed in at 15st 8.5lb this morning so aiming for 3st to get me back to my pre-Molly weight. I won't be counting cals or anything, just trying to eat more sensibly. I have the advantage of the bypass element of my surgery which means that I don't absorb all the calories (particularly from fat and protein) that I eat so I should, in theory, find it easier to lose than I ever did in my pre-op days. The week I got my +ive pos I had just got into my first pair of size 14 jeans, having previously been a size 32, and now I'm squeezing into size 20s. DH will be working away mon-fri from next week so will be able to just sort out kids and myself foodwise which should help as dh lives on high cal junk most of time. good luck everyone xxx

PseudoBadger Wed 02-Jan-13 12:12:21

Hello - can I join you?

I'm carrying an extra stone after gaining early pregnancy weight then having a miscarriage, then christmas/comfort eating sad

I have weddings to go to from March so am aiming to lose at least a stone in two months. I'm doing WW as have had great success before.

Good luck everyone!

thebluenailbrush Wed 02-Jan-13 13:01:53

pseudo so sorry about your MC. I had one early last year and gained weight in exactly same way you describe. I lost that additional weight by the summer but was always a stone heavier than i liked so i'm trying to lose that now.
Age wise my pregnancy this time was always risky . Good luck to you.

PseudoBadger Wed 02-Jan-13 13:08:52

Thank you Thebluenail smile

daisydee43 Wed 02-Jan-13 14:40:27

Mosagain- thanks for the idea, have signed myself up to a local buggy fitness group starting next thurs so looking forward to that, suits me better than an evening fitness class as I'm out quite a few eves a week anyway.

MABS Wed 02-Jan-13 16:48:49

did half hour run, nearly killed me, had to though coz weighed myself at heaviest ever sad 5ft 8 and 11 stone. am horrified

daisydee43 Wed 02-Jan-13 17:07:22

Been very tired today as dd was up all night teething but still stuck with it. Am sitting at work in front of a pile of cake and choc and don't feel tempted, keep it all going!!!

belleshell Wed 02-Jan-13 17:09:40

can i join but not till saturday, im off back to ww.....since getting divorced and then meeting DP i have put 2 stone on nothing fits, and i feel terrible.....

DancingInTheMoonlight Wed 02-Jan-13 18:34:04

Had a good day and don't feel as hungry as yesterday. Splashing out on the posh chilled ww meal for lunch helped! Think i got dehydrated late afternoon as had a crushing headache which went after a big glass of water :-) lesson learned!

daisydee43 Wed 02-Jan-13 19:18:01

Had dinner and still got 235 cals left, dreaming up what I can use them on smile

DancingInTheMoonlight Wed 02-Jan-13 20:05:44

Wine? ;-). I've just had dinner and had loads of veg to fill me up. Think I've about50 cal left so may go over and have a, low fat yoghurt lol. Was under yesterday and got told off by mfp lol

thebluenailbrush Thu 03-Jan-13 08:29:01

i remembered to weigh in. I'm 8.12 so probably gained 2 pounds over Christmas- but don't weigh myself often so not sure.
Anyway my birthday is just under 7 weeks away so my short term goal is to reach 8.5, then another 7 weeks or so to get to 7.12- 8 stone (ish). I'm short BTW!

I don't calorie count, prefer to eat better and drop the snacks and up the exercise. I find the first few days the hardest- especially the initial hunger. Today I guess is day 1 for me.

Well done everyone who has started. Keep it up!

MABS Thu 03-Jan-13 08:41:01

no wine yesterdy, hideous bad headache today sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now