I'd love to lose a stone...

(281 Posts)
daisydee43 Mon 31-Dec-12 13:59:58

Classic case: been dieting for 10 years on and off, have a hubby who is probably a little underweight, have a 8mth old who needs stuff to be mashed, and I'd love to lose a stone. Saw a picture of me at a wedding yesterday, after I'd lost my pregnancy weight (only put on 6lb), and I nearly cried, looked massive.

I'm 25, a size 12-14, 5 7, and 11 st 8lb so a little chubby. I work 3 days a week and work in retail gardening so run around a bit and do lots of lifting.

I'd like to know if there's anyone who's managed to lose that last bit and if there's any tips?

Thank you

daisydee43 Mon 28-Jan-13 08:15:21

Really need your support ladies have put on 2lb after an appalling wknd of eating for the sake it's the wknd. Didn't enjoy any of food and feel ashamed of myself. Need to eat what I know is good at wknd so I can still enjoy the food and lose weight. Feel angry that I've now got to re-lose the weight. Determined not to give up as I have always done - feel bloated and fat hmm

DancingInTheMoonlight Mon 28-Jan-13 08:40:06

I did the same daisy (eat crap i mean). It was ds birthday and i took it as licence to stuff my face. I even bought a huge bag of pick n mix which i ate by myself :-(. I darent weigh myself so just going to be really strict this week. Felt crap after all the refined sugar but its addictive and once id had some i just continued....

However I'm on a mission to lose this last half sooner before my birthday so going to find a fat picture of myself and stick it to the fridge lol

DancingInTheMoonlight Mon 28-Jan-13 10:13:39

Could you meal plan daisy? Or make a special healthy meal to motivate you?

daisydee43 Mon 28-Jan-13 10:53:03

Dancing - that sounds great about the picture on the fridge. I could meal plan but tend to eat out on wknd so I just need to pick more sensible choices which I know I can do. Sugar is addictive I don't even know why I started. Am eating porridge and black coffee so off to good start grin

DancingInTheMoonlight Mon 28-Jan-13 12:32:42

I'm not doing as well.. Had some cake which was left over and left over spam in a sandwich (think I'm hormonal or something). However i think I'll just have to have something very low calorie for tea as I'm determined to stay in calorie budget today

daisydee43 Mon 28-Jan-13 15:30:16

That's good, as long as you're in the cal allowance it doesn't matter what ya eat

DancingInTheMoonlight Mon 28-Jan-13 16:03:31

Yeah i just feel rubbish with all the refined sugar after eating so well!

daisydee43 Tue 29-Jan-13 09:29:13

Shouldn't beat myself up too much have still lost 1lb in this weeks weigh in so I have lost weight each week I've been dieting smile

DancingInTheMoonlight Tue 29-Jan-13 20:19:30

So i wanted Chinese takeaway but i made veg stirfry. :-) progress i think!

daisydee43 Fri 01-Feb-13 20:26:13

Just discovered that ice cream isn't that bad cals - morrisons soft scoop mint choc chip is only 99 cals and you get a big bowl for it, yummy smile

daisydee43 Sun 03-Feb-13 16:08:46

Been away this wknd and was my challenge not to eat for sake of it. Did have few extras like cookies from the snack bag but apart from that I didn't do too bad. Made pack lunch on sat and i had tuna salad and nutrigrain bar, sat eve had the low cal pizza range at bella italia and had egg on toast at little chef (don't go there btw it's gross, even my dustbin baby refused the toast), and now I'm home I'm enjoying a nu-me couscous pot. Hopefully it all pays off

freerangeeggs Sun 03-Feb-13 16:09:14

Daisydee, how often do you weigh yourself?

daisydee43 Sun 03-Feb-13 21:38:18

Well I do it everyday just to keep a track on if but my official weigh in is once a week and I enter that on calendar. How about you?

amothersplaceisinthewrong Sun 03-Feb-13 21:40:42

Last May I got on the scales and was utterly horrifed to find I had crep to up 12 stone 1 lb. I am Five foot seven. Eight months later and I am at my goal of nine and half stone, through eating less and moving more and sheer bloody willpower! Remember, the chair is the enemy so keep moving!

daisydee43 Mon 04-Feb-13 11:16:09

Amothers- that's great, have you managed to keep it off? I'm same height and trying to get to 10st as I think 9st 7 will be hard to maintain? I weighed 12st 8 last summer after having dd and lost a stone by end of year by low carbs. Since jan I have managed to lose 11lbs by cal counting and was pleased not to have put on any weight after this wknd away which shows I'm changing my ways with food now and picking better options, remain confident for weigh in 2moro

daisydee43 Wed 06-Feb-13 14:22:02

Have lost 2 lb this week!!! Have lost 11lb so far and hope to do the same again. How's everyone else doing?

ednatate82 Fri 08-Feb-13 06:48:14

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

daisydee43 Fri 08-Feb-13 08:05:17

Ednate- yes I have been following 1200 cals a day but not low carb (although you tend to cut down on carbs anyway cos they're high cal) so far I am 2lb away from losing a stone since 1st jan!!

DancingInTheMoonlight Fri 08-Feb-13 08:31:36

Hi sorry I've not been about! We have had a bit of drama as ds was rushed into hospital on Mon. All out and fine now tho.

I've been reasonably good considering, avoiding takeaway even tho i really wanted one! Don't think I've lost any weight but def haven't put any on... The good news is I'm now a comfortable size 12 so have ordered myself a swimsuit which will fit (rather than one two sizes too big) do i can go to a spa for my 30th birthday celebrations :-). Still going to lose another 4/5lbs tho!

daisydee43 Fri 08-Feb-13 10:20:35

Dancing - I'm sorry to hear about your DS, can't imagine how stressed you have been. Great news that you are happy with your new size that's really positive. I remember going to a spa day with my friend who is size 8 and I only wished I was slimmer then. Keep it up!!

DancingInTheMoonlight Fri 08-Feb-13 13:35:25

I'm going with my sister who is a size 8 but she hasn't had a child so i don't compare myself to her anymore lol. Besides she's way more self conscious than me! Ds is fine, its an ongoing condition so its becoming the norm now :-( previously tho it has lead to seriously crap food being eaten...

daisydee43 Fri 08-Feb-13 18:21:49

Bought some size 10 jeans today for the first time in probably 7 years. When I looked at them I thought these are way too small but they're like a glove grin

DancingInTheMoonlight Fri 08-Feb-13 21:46:05

:-) fantastic! I think the challenge well be to stay in then definitely in my case

DancingInTheMoonlight Mon 11-Feb-13 07:53:19

Weighed in today at 150lb. 14lb /1 stone weight loss so far :-)

daisydee43 Tue 12-Feb-13 18:37:52

Weigh in today 10st 9lb so have lost 13lb so far, 1lb to go for the stone!!! Want to get down to 10st tho for a cushion

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now