I'd love to lose a stone...

(281 Posts)
daisydee43 Mon 31-Dec-12 13:59:58

Classic case: been dieting for 10 years on and off, have a hubby who is probably a little underweight, have a 8mth old who needs stuff to be mashed, and I'd love to lose a stone. Saw a picture of me at a wedding yesterday, after I'd lost my pregnancy weight (only put on 6lb), and I nearly cried, looked massive.

I'm 25, a size 12-14, 5 7, and 11 st 8lb so a little chubby. I work 3 days a week and work in retail gardening so run around a bit and do lots of lifting.

I'd like to know if there's anyone who's managed to lose that last bit and if there's any tips?

Thank you

DancingInTheMoonlight Fri 18-Jan-13 20:12:30

I find them ok and mainly drinking Pepsi max and the zero products at the moment.What about fizzy flavoured water?

Wommer Fri 18-Jan-13 21:57:23

I'm not a big fan of coke etc but love squash and fizzy water. Can easily get through 2-3L per day!
Worth a try as its loads cheaper - tescos fizzy water is 17p for 2L - and you can use no added sugar squash.

leepy123 Sat 19-Jan-13 11:40:48

Hello everyone I would love to lose a stone ive gone up too 9 stone 13 and certainly not happy im 42 getting older is one thing but getting fatter just no good.It wold be great to hear how everyone else is getting on and it would motivate me too.

DancingInTheMoonlight Sat 19-Jan-13 13:50:08

Hi Leepy! We are all using different strategies to lose weight. I'm using mfp and a 1200 Cal diet which is working well for me. What are you thinking of doing?

freerangeeggs Sun 20-Jan-13 11:59:42

My favourite alternative to fizzy drinks are the big bottles of flavoured fizzy water, Perfectly Clear. Really cheap and available in all the supermarkets, often on offer. It's honestly lovely and next to no cals.

I lost 1.25lbs this week. I'm still kind of shocked that this is going so well. I've eaten cake, digestive biscuits, lovely meals, and haven't counted a single calorie. I suffer from IBS and my belly is feeling great, not bloated at all. I made a jokey New Year's resolution to eat more fatty foods and that's what I've been doing - eating nice, good quality food. I feel great! It's crazy because I've been dieting since I was nine years old and as such this feels a bit weird, but my mood is better and everything!

daisydee43 Sun 20-Jan-13 13:34:58

Hi guys need help,

Have hit a dieting stalemate - have been counting cals as normal this week and have not lost an ounce. Had a few extras yesterday as went out for meal do prob went over, had glass of wine and 2 vodka diet cokes and as I've not been eating much I've got a stinking hangover and am craving junk!!!

DancingInTheMoonlight Sun 20-Jan-13 14:25:37

Sounds tough daisy. Could it be water retention?i find at particular times of the month (just before af) i retain lots of water and also crave junk... Just keep at it, make sure you are eating regularly and healthily and the weight will come off.

freerangeeggs Sun 20-Jan-13 17:13:53

daisy, there will be times when you won't lose weight.The difference between successful and unsuccessful dieters is how they deal with disappointments smile

Glass of wine and two vodka diet cokes is barely anything calorie-wise. Just be extra careful this week. Hangover = dieting nightmare though. I always buy in low-fat crisps like cheesy wotists/skips for those times, to try to minimise the damage!! Good luck!

daisydee43 Sun 20-Jan-13 17:57:56

Luckily the hangover is making me feel sick so most food seems to be a no go. Have had toast, soup and few choc biscuits so far and don't feel like dinner. Going to start 2moz with positive attitude and get back on it, hopefully my body will re boost. Thanks for the support

daisydee43 Sun 20-Jan-13 19:41:37

Ok so been reading online and I might need to make sure I eat 1200 min cals a day as your body adapts to low calories and stops losing weight. This week I have been eating well under 1200 cals on few days so this may be why I'm struggling - onwards and upwards!

DancingInTheMoonlight Mon 21-Jan-13 09:52:10

Weigh in day! I have lost 1lb this week giving a total of 10.4lb according mfp :-). That's good news daisy- that you have a solution i mean :-) i have a fortnight off so have to behave myself! Hoping diy will burn some calories!

daisydee43 Mon 21-Jan-13 11:07:32

Ok so haven't seemed to put on any weight after this weekend which is good. Had a double whammy of protein for breakfast and trying to cut down on bloating foods ie carbs, salt, sugar etc so hopefully by weigh in 2moz I will be ok

daisydee43 Tue 22-Jan-13 08:44:02

After all that worry I have managed to lose 1lb this week which is pretty good considering. Total weight loss so far is 8lb, 6lb to go!!

Wommer Tue 22-Jan-13 15:13:18

Daisy that's great! Well done for being over half way!
You must be noticing a difference in your clothes and the way you are feeling generally now?

Am going to be supergood between now and Friday and hopefully will have a good result. Might try reducing the carbs for a few days and see where that gets me.

daisydee43 Tue 22-Jan-13 15:56:51

I was so relieved! Yes feel much slimmer, my jeans don't fit me anymore but I'm holding off buying new clothes until the big reveal. Had a happy meal with dd today so only got 360 cals left for today, wish me luck

daisydee43 Tue 22-Jan-13 15:57:46

Btw reducing carbs is a great idea, makes you feel less bloated and the scales like it too

freerangeeggs Tue 22-Jan-13 19:57:54

Well done daisy dee smile

I agree completely re: carbs. I've cut right down and it's made a big difference. I feel fuller, too. I'm not low-carbing or anything, just trying to avoid bread etc. I used to be a vegetarian but I've started eating fish again and I love it.

GossipWitch Wed 23-Jan-13 13:55:37

I managed to lose 2lb in a fortnight, not really been very good though but will be on it today with a vengeance, and I will be starting a zumba class on friday!!

daisydee43 Wed 23-Jan-13 14:45:04

That's great considering you say you've not been good. Any loss is a plus and I only managed 1lb this week and was very good. Zumba sounds good, I want to start Pilates again so will get DVD

daisydee43 Wed 23-Jan-13 21:17:55

Very excited, my bmi before diet showed I was overweight but now I'm a normal weight grin

DancingInTheMoonlight Thu 24-Jan-13 10:05:02

That's great daisy! I'm struggling to resistthe temptation to eat crap food after a particularly difficult morning with a stroppy toddler. He's at his childminder now tho so I'm going to focus my negative thoughts into during my house (hopefully)

LouiseFisher Thu 24-Jan-13 14:54:42

I lost a stone within a month, through sheer exercise (yawn) and controlling my eating habit. I don't recommend cutting everything out, make slight changes and increase this slowly overtime. Remember to lose weight effectively in the long-run you can't be starving to death. Simply, make changes that you can adopt overtime effectively, without losing the will and going back to old routines.

Good luck everybody x

daisydee43 Fri 25-Jan-13 10:20:43

Feeling really sick today, had some soft fruit in a bit to make me healthier but its back fired hmm have lost 1lb so far this week tho which can't be bad. Just eating dry toast atm as all that can stomach

daisydee43 Sat 26-Jan-13 20:14:21

Hey how's everyone weekend going? I've had a bad sat but hopefully not too bad - have lost 10lb so far and I actually didn't enjoy the few treats I had today which is a great step in the right direction.

DancingInTheMoonlight Sat 26-Jan-13 20:21:59

Not great as it was my ds birthday on Fri and his party today :-(. Still I've been angelic until now so I'll just get back on the wagon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now