Stone by April for sister's wedding, who is with me??!

(67 Posts)
MABS Sun 30-Dec-12 13:10:18

Very simple really... need to lose weight and now i have a deadline. I plan to do it by exercising a couple of times per week, I belong to a gym but never damn well go! Am also going to cut down all food and, most importantly, wine! Not going to ban things, coz i know that makes me want them more if that makes sense??!! anyone care to join me and tell me off when I need it, and I will need it I assure you ...

trikken Wed 02-Jan-13 16:42:04

that is a good point smile

MABS Wed 02-Jan-13 16:44:22

just did half hour run and been good with food so far. Thanks for the MFP info, just registered mmace1234, bu can you add me as I no idea how!!

MABS Thu 03-Jan-13 08:45:11

no wine yesterdy, hideous bad headache today sad

trikken Thu 03-Jan-13 10:52:49

I had a headache yesterday night, I think its because I didnt drink any water and had two coffees but that probably isnt enough. so exercise and water is the aim of the day.

trikken Thu 03-Jan-13 10:53:38

I mean last night even.

WeightyKaty Thu 03-Jan-13 11:01:31

I'd like to join in - getting married in June and would like to lose a couple of stone.
I see a PT once a week and do body Pump twice. I'm also planning to walk to walk 3x a week for an hour to work. I think that should all be doable.
Food wise I am doing mfp (wimbledongal - pls do add me) and trying to reduce carbs and my sugar addiction. I know that a wedding is the best motivation so I just hope I can do it!

MABS Thu 03-Jan-13 11:07:51

sounds like you doing well! I am mmace1234 so add me as i no idea how!

MABS Thu 03-Jan-13 11:08:11

sounds like you doing well! I am mmace1234 so add me as i no idea how!

MABS Fri 04-Jan-13 09:13:59

really hopeless here i am ashamed to admit.bad day yesterday and out to dinner today and tomorrow so know i will be bad sad not driving either. will really try from Sunday

I've not done well today either. I've yet to have my tea, but as I am hungry (or craving sugar probably) I have snacked unnecessarilysad I'll do the shred tonight, but it can be demoralizing when you haven't done as well as you'd hopedsad

Still I suppose I have been more concious of what I've eaten (even the bad stuff) whereas previously, I'd have eaten crap without a thought so that is a step in the right directionsmile

new day tomorrowgrin

MABS Sun 06-Jan-13 10:21:22

i could lie, but dreadful fri sat and will be today coz am going out , fresh start tmrow...

AlanMoore Sun 06-Jan-13 17:49:03

Can I join? Got 3st 5lb to go overall after 2 babies in 2 years but going to a party in March and would be nice to fit in something reasonable by then!

MABS Mon 07-Jan-13 10:09:35

please do Alanmore smile afraid i am not doing well at all tho, not a good leader.

good luck Alan

I did well last week, save for some wine and a pub lunch/cheeseboard, I have weighed and measured this morning- I'm two pounds lighter and an inch us off my waist and hips. I am feeling so happy with myself that I had a couple of dhs chip shop chipssad I have to learn to stop rewarding myself with food!grin

AlanMoore Mon 07-Jan-13 14:56:03

I'm going to start properly next week, but cutting my oortions down in preparation.

Weirdly my weight has not changed since August, whether I eat 1200 calls a day or 3000. I am breast feeding a big hungry baby though! He's having some solids now so hoping to shift some lard.

MABS Tue 08-Jan-13 15:52:51

well done pregnantpause!

Purpleknickers Tue 08-Jan-13 16:02:08

Hi all
I want/need to lose 20lb by end of May , I'm on MFP and I'm teetotal for January, drastic but I need to as I was a bottle of wine a night person sad

Thanks MABS

purple- I know what that's like, before Christmas dh and I were powering through 10 bottles a weekshock sad I now only have one or two, but spend more money and have nicer wine iykwimgrin

I'm not looking to finish today well, its dds birthday, and the cake is calling. I'll have to do some exercise to offset itsmile

Purpleknickers Wed 09-Jan-13 08:23:36

pregnant I have decided that I will need to have the odd treat so I hope you enjoyed the cake smile

AlanMoore Wed 09-Jan-13 14:55:42

Urgh I tried to buy some work trousers today. The sight of myself in the mirror in the M&S outlet store, looking truly awful in some £9.50 slacks, should hopefully spur me on! I have been this weight before (lifelong chubster/yoyo dieter) but I've never looked this bad. Like porridge in a condom sad

MABS Wed 09-Jan-13 20:28:32

Porridge in a condom?! Made me Larf! smile

springlenner Wed 09-Jan-13 23:52:38

I'm in please ! Lost a stone since June and then gained back 5 1/2 lbs over Christmas. Been ok this week, cycled two and from work (4 miles each way) yesterday and today, no wine for five days which I think is the longest I've been without wine in years!!! Tracking my foods on tesco diets which worked for me last year.
Oh, my targets are cousins wedding end of march and 2 family holiday in August with friends and said friend is a petite size 6 on a heavy day!

MABS Thu 10-Jan-13 20:05:42

Springles - well done on the loss!

Purpleknickers Sat 12-Jan-13 11:54:43

Hi all , well a week and a half in no wine ( never been known before) and after first week I lost 3lb Yaaaay

Bad news is my scales on first and subsequent weigh in were inaccurate compared to 3 other sets that I tried which all gave same result. So I did in fact weigh 4lb more that I thought. So 3 steps forward on step back. Ho hum now aiming for a total of 24lb by 6th June.

I hope everyone else is doing ok?

Out tonight for dinner at Prezzo but I checked their menu and they have some lower calorie options, plus I have saved 300 calories for ONE large glass of wine.

well done purple! I'm doing well I think, I had wine and a Chinese yesterday but I have accounted for them on mfp, and for the week I'm still not hugely outside my targetsmile
I only weigh once a week on a Monday so no extra loss recorded, but I'm feeling good about myself, and am finding it much easier to eat less nowsmile

I want to increase my excercise, I started the shred, but life got in the way, so this weeks goal is to excercise moregrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now