New Year Low Carb Bootcamp

(1001 Posts)
BIWIshYouAMerryChristmas Sat 29-Dec-12 21:30:12

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas, and that Santa brought you everything that you deserved! grin

By now, I'm guessing that many of us will be rather tired of chocolates and stodgy food. Mince pie anyone? wink

So. The next low carb Bootcamp will be starting on 7 January. It will run for 10 weeks, which will take us to mid-March. The idea of Bootcamp is that we have an initial strict fortnight, which will see a significant amount of weight loss, followed by a more relaxed 8 weeks.

Overall, if you follow the rules, you can expect to lose anything up to 20lbs in this time period.

So who is in?

If you want to join us, add your name to the list and tell us what your aims/objectives are.

I will start ...

Flutterbutterby Sat 29-Dec-12 21:57:48

Hi, I'd love to join!

DH and I been low carbers since last Feb. We were relatively strict with ourselves to start with but in the last 3-4 months we've got into bad habits. Christmas, well, it's fair to say that a few roasties and the odd slice of toast managed to sneak through!

Keen to return to better ways!

BIWIshYouAMerryChristmas Sat 29-Dec-12 21:58:02

Whoops!

BIWI
MulledwineGless
ScillyCow
ILoveOnionRings
thenightsky
Yddraigoldragon

ArfAPandaTreacle Sat 29-Dec-12 21:59:30

I think I got missed.

Umm, so what is the carb limit?

BIWIshYouAMerryChristmas Sat 29-Dec-12 21:59:35

Iheartpasties The Bootcamp rules are here - look at the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet

All you need to do is to follow the rules - and there are only 10 of them. It's designed to be as simple as possible.

thenightsky Sat 29-Dec-12 22:00:13

right, this low/no carb thing is new to me. Are you all experts? Will I be able to ask you questions about what I can or cannot eat?

<novice>

BIWIshYouAMerryChristmas Sat 29-Dec-12 22:01:13

Nope. We all have varying degrees of experience, and the great value of the threads is the support and learning that we offer each other. You can ask as many questions as you like! That's how we all learn.

thenightsky Sat 29-Dec-12 22:01:32

Fuck... you have a spreadsheet shock

<maths phobic>

<faints>

ArfAPandaTreacle Sat 29-Dec-12 22:01:35

So are we all starting tomorrow?

Is this it?
<shakes>

NewStartSameStory Sat 29-Dec-12 22:02:21

BIWI
MulledwineGless
ScillyCow
ILoveOnionRings
NewStartSameStory

ArfAPandaTreacle Sat 29-Dec-12 22:02:54

I asked some questions, up there <points>

AuntieMaggie Sat 29-Dec-12 22:03:16

BIWI
MulledwineGless
ScillyCow
ILoveOnionRings
thenightsky
Yddraigoldragon
AuntieMaggie

Teeb Sat 29-Dec-12 22:03:21

I'd like to join too please. I'm an utter carb fiend, potatoes in any shape or form being a particular weakness of mine. Really speaking I want/need to lose 5 stone, and I'd be extremely pleased if I could lose at least a stone.

HumphreyCobbler Sat 29-Dec-12 22:03:25

BIWI
MulledwineGless
ScillyCow
ILoveOnionRings
thenightsky
Yddraigoldragon
HumphreyCobbler

I want to just keep on going, tweaking the weight a bit maybe by losing the stuff I have gained over Christmas, but still enjoying all the benefits of this WOE.

BIWIshYouAMerryChristmas Sat 29-Dec-12 22:03:28

Start date is 7 January, so time to prepare yourself!

And we have a spreadsheet which has been masterminded by the lovely WilleWaggler. All you need to do is put your weekly weight in, and the spreadsheet/Willie does the rest!

HumphreyCobbler Sat 29-Dec-12 22:04:20

sorry
BIWI
MulledwineGless
ScillyCow
ILoveOnionRings
thenightsky
Yddraigoldragon
AuntieMaggie
HumphreyCobbler

NewStartSameStory Sat 29-Dec-12 22:04:34

This is going to get a messy list.

Tbf Biwi most actually thought it was a scales glip and looking at the entire bootcamp record for last time I am inclined to agree in hindsight. it always felt too good to be true tbh. Who knows.

HugAndRoll Sat 29-Dec-12 22:05:58

BIWI
MulledwineGless
ScillyCow
ILoveOnionRings
thenightsky
Yddraigoldragon
HumphreyCobbler
HugAndRoll

I don't know how much weight I want to lose yet, I'm weighing on Monday morning so will declare then. I know it will be at least 2 stone though.

ArfAPandaTreacle Sat 29-Dec-12 22:06:54

Ok can I ask again:

Is it any good for a dairy and egg avoiding person?
What is the limit of carbs? I.e 0? 1g?2?
Can I be added to the list please.

BIWIshYouAMerryChristmas Sat 29-Dec-12 22:08:08

BIWI
MulledwineGless
ScillyCow
ILoveOnionRings
thenightsky
Yddraigoldragon
AuntieMaggie
HumphreyCobbler
HugAndRoll
Teeb

Teeb Sat 29-Dec-12 22:08:18

Oops sorry I forgot to add myself to the list. (added you too Panda)

BIWI
MulledwineGless
ScillyCow
ILoveOnionRings
thenightsky
Yddraigoldragon
HumphreyCobbler
HugAndRoll
Teeb
ArfAPandaTreacle

SilverBaubles33 Sat 29-Dec-12 22:08:41

Me. My jeans seem to have another person already in them whenni try to get in too. This time two years ago they needed a belt.

Glum.

Where is spreadsheet? Yikes!

SilverBaubles33 Sat 29-Dec-12 22:09:39

When

To them.

Think jeans usurper may also be using keyboard...

BIWIshYouAMerryChristmas Sat 29-Dec-12 22:09:49

BIWI
MulledwineGless
ScillyCow
ILoveOnionRings
thenightsky
Yddraigoldragon
AuntieMaggie
HumphreyCobbler
HugAndRoll
Teeb
ArfAPandaTreacle

Yes, you can do it if you're a dairy/egg-avoiding person
Daily limit isn't set - just follow the Bootcamp rules. The whole idea is that you don't have to count/weigh; just follow the list of allowed veg
And you are on the list grin

ArfAPandaTreacle Sat 29-Dec-12 22:10:18

Thanks Teebs! I dont seem to be able to do that from my end.

Lighthousekeeping Sat 29-Dec-12 22:11:05

Im in. Its worked for me before.

Ive just been home for Christmas and my mum mouthed "havent you put weight on?" to me over the table sad I shall be going home for a party on March 14th. Can I lose something by then? I find that as soon as I lay off the booze and the wheat it starts coming off.

Im having a couple of ciders tonight and then Im working straight through until the 3rd of Jan. That will be my shopping day. Any advice on what to buy will be greatly appreciated.

This thread is not accepting new messages.