New mummies with wibbly tummies.

(1000 Posts)
ValiumQueen Fri 28-Dec-12 08:59:27

All new mummies welcome. Any exercise and/or weight loss programme acceptable, so long as it is healthy.

WaitingForMe Sat 29-Dec-12 07:03:35

I'm in! I was a regular on the Nov babies threads until I gave birth but never started on the new ones. I've missed the updates but life has just been a whirl.

Not sure what I weigh. I was down to almost my pre-pregnancy weight within a few weeks but I think I lost general weight as I have a jelly belly (with skinnier arms and legs). It'll be walking to start with as DS will only be 7 weeks on 1st Jan then Shred starting in Feb.

Revelsarethebest Sat 29-Dec-12 07:32:07

I have a 10 week old born by emergency section.

Gained 6 stone in pregnancy.

Joined slimming world 3 weeks ago, have lost half a stone since. I have 4 stone to lose.

I was 18 stone when in labour, im now 14stone 8 pounds. Im 5ft 8 in height.

Have a disgusting stomach, awful overhang, and look like i have loads of tyres when i put my clothes on. :-(

littleredmonkey Sat 29-Dec-12 07:34:27

Hey goat good to see ya
Visual. Yeh for baby Dylan's middle name Oscar.
Carbs and sugar are my evils oh and volumes of food I admit I am very greedy. So off shopping Monday. No bread biscuits or crackers. All fruit veg and protein and no crafty trips to the spa for a snickers or twix

The 30 day shred is an exercise DVD. 20 minute workouts for 30 days, progressively getting harder. So you can still eat, it's just a good, intense workout that doesn't take much time so you can do it while baby naps.

I can't believe how many of you are wanting to lose weight already! I had my baby 8 months ago, and have only just thought about getting my body back.

Iheartpasties Sat 29-Dec-12 09:25:14

visualise yes, but i had dd1 21 months ago! never really lost the baby wieght before getting pregnant again.

McPheastOfStephen Sat 29-Dec-12 09:29:11

Please may I join?

I had Dd via emcs 6 months ago today. My baby/cake/choc weight is really getting me down. I'm not sure what I can do about my cut stomach muscles, but I can hold a pencil under my tummy sad

I am going today to buy a set of scales.

DP has agreed to learn how to jive with me so we can make fools of ourselves dance the jive as our first dance in July.

shock

I cannot wait. I love dancing and it will help the weight loss!

I will post my actual weight on Monday. [brave emoticon]

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Sat 29-Dec-12 10:07:33

Thanks catbag, I'll have to get out walking for the next 9weeks then. I'm thinking of walking the school run, it's a 30 min walk if walked fast! I'll need to walk for 2 weeks anyway as I can't drive after a section. I need to practise with the baby carrier, I think I might have a go at that today.

I need to do the food shopping today so I'm going to plan meals for the week and cook from scratch.

StuntNun Sat 29-Dec-12 11:11:17

I have gained 2 lb over Christmas confused so I'll post my official starting weight on Monday. Would it be a good idea to measure our waists as well? I'm more interested in getting back into size 12 clothes than in reaching a specific weight.

Iheartpasties Sat 29-Dec-12 11:22:30

I'm hoping some better cooking will also help us be a bit better with our weekly budget. I'm sure the food budget could be halved if I stopped buying chocolate!! blush

Yes stuntnun, Im up for waist measuring.

I have to order my wedding dress soon. If my waist (above belly button) is more than 37.5 inches I will have to go custom made. I think it probably is.

MissMummy1 Sat 29-Dec-12 11:34:44

I'm joining. Will be starting on 3rd jan when the bad influence dp returns to work! I've been ill the past few days and only managed a couple of slices since boxing day so fc that's a bit of a headstart! (playing the glad game and all)

Anyway, I weighed bang on 12st on Christmas eve.blush I was 9 prepreg but about a stone underweight (I'm 5'9 so quite tall) so I aim to lose 2st to get down to 10st.

I plan mostly exercise to shift it. I've suffered with eating disorders in the past so scared dieting might trigger them again blush

YW I'll be joining you on your fife walks! M and me are going to do postnatal baby yoga which will supposedly heal split tummy muscles and help tone up. It's with my preggo yoga instructor and she was fab. Fancy it?

MissMummy1 Sat 29-Dec-12 11:35:09

*slices of toast

GTbaby Sat 29-Dec-12 12:06:26

Not to worry candy. Like spanial I have no scales so weighed using mums last night! Lol

Nov mums - already having trouble keeping up with 2 threads. Lol

Loads of us doing the shred! Brilliant

BarmeeMarmee Sat 29-Dec-12 12:09:40

Not sure I'm brave enough for waist measuring but will try and summon up the courage...

GTbaby Sat 29-Dec-12 12:27:46

Box of 9 Huggies wipes for £6. At tesco.

GTbaby Sat 29-Dec-12 12:49:52

Oops wrong thread!

WaitingForMe Sat 29-Dec-12 14:56:28

The reason I'm keen to start now VisualiseAHorse is because so many women report gaining weight after the baby is born. DH was made redundant and starts a new job on Wed so I've had him making me lunch each day. I need to keep eating properly rather than snack on easy calories. I've had an extended babymoon with him and want a fit and healthy new life with DS.

GTbaby Sat 29-Dec-12 15:02:15

GTBaby - current 15 stone 7lb - goal 2 stone
Barmee - 15 stone - goal 5 stone
Raverlsarethe best -14 stone 8lb - goal 4 stone
MissMummy1 - 12 stone - 2 stone
spanielFace - goal 4 stone

Feel free to change if u want to...

SpanielFace Sat 29-Dec-12 15:39:00

Eek! That sounds about right. 4 stone sounds so much when written down though. The scary part is that we want to have a small age gap between babies, so were planning on starting to TTC in August, which doesn't give me long to shift 4 stone. But we'll see how we go. No idea how long it will take us to conceive when the times comes as DS was unplanned (although we're very happy to have him!).

funchum8am Sat 29-Dec-12 16:26:04

OK I did it - just back from the first couch to 5k run and feeling great! It was actually fine - the most strenuous it gets is 60 seconds of running so I am not that knackered and definitely feel I can keep up with it. It is more walking than running so can go with the buggy.

For the stats I weigh 12 stone 11 and aim to lose 2 stone. Will also measure my waist at some point.

Hope you are all doing well today smile

INeedThatForkOff Sat 29-Dec-12 16:44:37

I'm in. DS is nearly 9 weeks and I plan to begin WW by myself on 2nd Jan (I'll weigh in on Monday anyway). With the 14 extra ProPoints for BFing I'l be on 40PP a day, with 49 extras each week. If it works, it's a good opportunity to lose some weight while still eating fairly normally. It should do - I haven't been at all careful so far, but I've been losing a bit rather than staying the same or gaining.

I have a couple of new DVDs Davina Intense, and the Nell McAndrew one on its way. I have Shred but I absolutely hate it. I like to have a bit of fun when I exercise. I have kettlebells and the Kettlercise DVD which I was using pre-pregnancy. A friend of mine wants to start running again too, which is something I'd like to get back into. I do have some evening work lined up for mid-Jan - mid-Feb with a tight deadline, so it's going to be quite difficult to fit everything in and avoid stressed-out comfort eating, however I intend to plan my time quite carefully so I can keep my head above water (I have 2.10 yo DD, so obvs childcare is my main priority).

After that, DH and I plan to rejoin the gym and I'm having Saturday mornings to myself smile Can. Not. Wait.

INeedThatForkOff Sat 29-Dec-12 16:46:10

Oh, current 12st 8lbs, goal 9st.

ValiumQueen Sat 29-Dec-12 17:08:13

Wow, what a good turn out! Welcome everybody thanks lots of familiar faces, and some new ones too. I look forward getting to know you ( mcPhee I could hold a small tree under my tummy)

It never ceases to amaze me how much time and effort I go to to ensure that my kids eat well, eg BF for DS, fruit and veg and other healthy stuff for DDs, very dilute juice, rarely junk food, occasional sweets etc, yet I grab whatever is easy for me, usually toast. I am the most important person to these children, and owe it to them, and myself to get healthy and stay healthy. The kids have perfect little bodies, both on 50th percentile, but it will not be long before they start doing what mummy does, not what mummy tells them. I need to do this for myself though.

CandyPop Sat 29-Dec-12 18:26:45

Damn the weather! Wet to bluewater this morning and was planning to go for a long walk when we got home but the weather is so sh1tty ..... Can't wait until all the rubbish food is finished in the house!

I have made carrot and coriander soup for super tonight though.... That's healthy ! Gonna put a dash of cream in it ... Only for the calcium tho ;)

This thread is not accepting new messages.