New mummies with wibbly tummies.

(1000 Posts)
ValiumQueen Fri 28-Dec-12 08:59:27

All new mummies welcome. Any exercise and/or weight loss programme acceptable, so long as it is healthy.

utopian99 Sun 27-Jan-13 17:51:42

They look like a great shape, I'm a big fan of straight leg jeans with a heeled boot to make legs longer..

kirrin i'm.the same with on/off days. Was starving yesterday despite no exercise, hoping against hope it's just extra milk making. Also hoping the appetite goes away once we start weaning, as I'll have had months to get into bad habits by then if I'm not careful!

CandyPop Sun 27-Jan-13 21:52:45

Are we ready for weigh in 2mo?! Dreading it as I've basically have done no exercise and been eating crap. This week included McDonald's (I literally had not has mc Donald's for over 3 years and then had a craving for it during pregnancy and now and then I still get the urge!), Curry on Friday night and a full 3 course meal on sat at a friends 30th. and all the chocolate throughout the week

HOWEVER we are about to book a holiday for end of April which means I have 3 months to get into shape. so this week I'm gonna try really hard Monday-Friday and then if I've done well then I will relax a little for the weekend. Might keep a food diary too, that has helped in the pass. Makes me think twice on eating bad things if I have to record it!

RichManPoorManBeggarmanThief Mon 28-Jan-13 07:31:03

There is something about McDonalds that just hits the spot though- I want to know why they dont sell the Big Mac sauce in supermarkets. It'd be a sure fire winner I reckon, like Pizza Express salad dressing.

Anyway, down to 10st 1lb. Loss of 3lbs this week. 5lbs to go. Going to try to lose 2 more before we go on holiday on the 8th feb, then maintain on the holiday, and tackle the last three when I get back.

Iheartpasties Mon 28-Jan-13 07:48:15

28th jan = 70.2 kg (0.9kg,1.98 pounds lost) TOTAL SO FAR = 5.9 pound lost. I am happy!

I am trying to be careful during the week and relaxing at weekends. But I had a bumpy week so I am very happy to have had a loss. I have cut out bread and potatoes so I think that has helped me.

Well done to thos of you who are fitting into size ten jeans!! wow. I cannot wait!! I have been wearing my maternity jean recently - cannot wait to banish them to the back of the wardrobe.

PennieLane Mon 28-Jan-13 08:52:30

Wow RichMan! And everyone else-am so impressed by how much everyone is losing!!

Despite my takeaways, (thanks Fork!) I have lost another pound (did go for a long walk yesterday) so 9.12, total of 6lbs so far. Really needed the boost as have had a tough weekend and feeling a bit low.

TheTiger Mon 28-Jan-13 09:13:04

Well done richman pasties and pennie!!

candy have you thought about using my fitness pal? It's great for tracking food.

pennie sorry to hear you had a tough weekend, bet you were glad to see your DH on Sunday I know I was!!

Just weighed in and another 2lb off!! So I'm 9 stone 7 now, just one more pound to reach target #1!

kirrinIsland Mon 28-Jan-13 09:20:29

Only 1lb off this week, but better than nothing!

Well done rich man pasties and pennie

Ugh, do not have relatives over while trying to diet! No workouts for four days, one walk with baby in sling and chocolate eclairs.

Back to it today.

YellowWellies Mon 28-Jan-13 10:19:44

Finally found the scales and I'm 7lb down - next week I WILL be 11 stone something I Wiiiiiiiiiillllllllll. Today am 12 stone on the nose. V chuffed. <goes off like a sad bastard to update weight loss spreadsheet>

YellowWellies Mon 28-Jan-13 10:35:46

forkoff yes I'm quite tall. Think the loss has been to do with walking 6000 steps minimum a day (and two dodgy tummy bugs!)

Sophiathesnowfairy Mon 28-Jan-13 11:22:16

ywwoop woop, well done, I am hanging around at 12 stone 1 and am desperate to get below 12 stone marker.

kirrinIsland Mon 28-Jan-13 11:42:20

Well done YW <goes off to find a Pedometer>

TheTiger Mon 28-Jan-13 12:25:21

Well done kirrin and YW

tearoomtrash Mon 28-Jan-13 13:27:42

The mystery of my digital scales continues...

Apparently this week I have lost 8Ib????

I wonder whether I have been losing steadily over the past month but something has caused it not to show (water retention?). I don't know, it's all quite odd.

Anyway, not complaining this week!

Same again next week would be marvellous...

Well done losers and maintainers! (And gainers - you never know, you could find you've actually lost 2 stone next week wink)

YellowWellies Mon 28-Jan-13 13:48:37

Damnit so I fit size 10 in supermarket jeans but a 12 or 14 in Boden stuff! Surely for Boden prices they could flatter my fat arse with some size exaggeration. However have done 11,000 steps today and feel epic. I love my fit bug pedometer!

INeedThatForkOff Mon 28-Jan-13 19:57:41

Well done on the losses Wibblers. I'm going to be on my own here soon! My WI is Thursday, and I'm hoping for a pound off which seems to be right to keep my milk supply going.

Anyone done 4 week measurements?

Sophiathesnowfairy Mon 28-Jan-13 20:50:17

I am not measuring I was musing on it but can never remember exactly where I have measured and so could be measuring wildly different every time!

We are nearing the end of the thread....do we have to shout for vq?

VQ............

Evilwater Mon 28-Jan-13 21:40:51

I still can't find my red book, I've even checked my knicker drawer! Gr........
Oh I wish I could find it. P tried to force feed N. not happy with him angry What am I going to do with him? sad

Now for something funny. I've taken the pram seat off the top of the wardrobe, and how the hell are you surposed to get the baby in is another thing! Well N is getting snug in his car seat so I wanted to try him in the seat. If only I could figure out how to uses the thing! confused

Evil

Evilwater Mon 28-Jan-13 21:42:46

Feck, wrong thread.
Evil

Iheartpasties Mon 28-Jan-13 22:33:15

Well done tea!!! excellent. someone said that would happen for you and they were spot on!

utopian99 Tue 29-Jan-13 04:40:38

Measured this morning and 10lb 11oz, not sure that counts as anything. angry as weighed on Sat morning and down to 10lb 10lb, so can only think has gone up due to roast + no walking on the weekend. Difficult to force the exercising issue when i want to make the most of time with dh though and still bloody hungry All The Sodding Time..

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Tue 29-Jan-13 04:49:04

I've been lurking with the creme eggs since my last post. Going to get back on the wagon as inspired that you're all doing so well.

utopian99 Tue 29-Jan-13 04:51:00

Okay have lost 0.5lb. Still angry. Also notice I'd written 10lb 11oz on my last post - would make me lighter than DS!

crazypaving Tue 29-Jan-13 08:27:23

everyone's doing amazingly well. I am not. weigh in revealed no gain at least, but definitely no loss. am really pissed off with myself, can't seem to find my self control sad

Iheartpasties Tue 29-Jan-13 09:34:30

no gain is still good - crazypaving - you;d be even more annoyed at a gain.

This thread is not accepting new messages.