New mummies with wibbly tummies.

(1000 Posts)
ValiumQueen Fri 28-Dec-12 08:59:27

All new mummies welcome. Any exercise and/or weight loss programme acceptable, so long as it is healthy.

Sophiathesnowfairy Wed 09-Jan-13 20:20:58

£5000 yw shock

Did the first buggyfit class today with funch . Thank goodness she was there or I might have run away in terror. It was bloody hard work but so good to think I have done it! Even though my arms ache so much I can barely lift the great lump that is Babygoat.
I thought that earned me a hot chocolate tonight!

NappyHappy Wed 09-Jan-13 22:00:40

What did they make you do Goat?

YellowWellies Wed 09-Jan-13 22:26:32

Sophia I know, but we bought a wreck of a house and bar night storage heaters it was the only heating system that was going to work on the island..... so the cooker kinda came free as it heats water, radiators and cooks.

OH gets Graze boxes delivered to his work. He brings them home (we live where he works!), and I eat them. He signed up in an attempt to eat more while working, but then just go mouldy on his desk.

It's 3.89 a box (quite expensive...but seeing as I'm not buying heaps of ice-cream etc, it feel likes a nice treat!), and we're a bit backed up with boxes since OH was off over Xmas.

They are yummy though, and great for introducing new tastes to our LO too!

Goat - what did the class involve? Don't have any near me, but live in a secluded place, so might be able to try out some moves!

The class was kind of like circuit training. Warmed up walking, then ran backwards and forwards for a bit, press ups on a rail, then a mini circuit of step ups, a really dinky little number of press up combined with star jump hmm , squats with weights, leg swings (that was a nice break!) and lunge walking. I wish i could say lying down was part of that but no such luck. Then a cool down and stretch. Apparently this was her going easy on us and in two weeks time she will start pushing more. Ooh. Can't wait. smile
I am hungry now! Have just had to strip and remake both Babygoat and his bed. It is like waltzing with an octopus.

funchum8am Thu 10-Jan-13 04:08:17

Right, been AWOL in shame at not running but now I have done buggyfit with goat I am back! As she says it was hardcore! but should show results quickly if we stick with it! Also ate well today - toast with jam, goat's delicious black bean chili, and then fish pie with peas. Treats were a walnut whip and white wine. Need to weigh in still

utopian99 Thu 10-Jan-13 05:59:20

Buggyfit sounds great - need to hunt down local groups..

Today had big spree to town, and a good couple of hours walking around with dh and pram.
Cheese and chorizo bap for breakfast (dh will eat anything so long as it contains cheese!),
Pulled pork panini for lunch
Microwaved homemade lasagna for supper. No snacks!also realised my stats weight is me fully clothed so need to amend at next weigh in...

Iheartpasties Thu 10-Jan-13 06:52:38

pulled pork panini?? sounds lush!!

I managed a good walk to the park today, it's knackering pushing the double pram, they way back is a killer! could feel my week legs aching on the way back!! I also did some running around dd1 and pushing her up and down the garden area on her little trike.

i am resisting both coke and chocolate! I will perhaps treat myself to something this weekend. i'm hoping we might eat out - because its my birthday on monday.

Iheartpasties Thu 10-Jan-13 06:53:52

by the way if I hadn't joined this little thread/group there is no way I would have weighed myself - I had my head in the sand!!

pikz Thu 10-Jan-13 10:39:38

I wonder how soon after csection I can do buggyfit?

I did so well yesterday til L whinged solidly from 6-10.30. Then I ended up eating mini cheddars sad

NappyHappy Thu 10-Jan-13 11:26:05

All this lush sounding food. Mmmm

Where do you live Yellow?

Still not had any bread! I feel so much better for it and I'm not farting as much grin

I've been told our local gym has a creche so I'll be making enquiries later.

The backs of my arms are aching from pushing the double too. I blame ds2 and his lovely chunkiness.

Hope all are feeling positive today grin

YellowWellies Thu 10-Jan-13 11:36:37

I live on the Orkney Islands off the north coast of Scotland Nappy - though we're moving to Fife tomorrow - I'll be off internet until wednesday so can someone else update the weigh in on Mon on the stats thread?

YellowWellies Thu 10-Jan-13 11:37:23

I've found a buggyfit in Edinburgh - am v excited about it now!

Managed to weigh myself today, while at the GP's. I'm 9st 8lbs. Not too bad, I think I was closer to 9st before I got pregnant. I'm only 5ft tall, so really should be 9st or under.

YellowWellies - good luck with your move smileWe moved this time last year from the Inner Hebrides to Aberdeen!

Sophiathesnowfairy Thu 10-Jan-13 12:22:56

I am fed up of the rank shakes. Can not wait to get back to a proper meal plan. Probably the beginning of next week. Hooray.

I struggle without the whole ritual of sitting down to eat, now O is having a proper sleep at lunchtime it is my recuperate time to sit and eat lunch for half an hour in the quiet. I have really tried to develop a ritual with the shake but it is just not the same. confused

NappyHappy Thu 10-Jan-13 13:10:21

Best of luck with the move!

What shakes are you doing Sophia?

Off for a wander to the PO when the babies wake up.

Sophiathesnowfairy Thu 10-Jan-13 13:45:18

nappy it is Usana, so you get your shakes and nutrition bars as well as supplements . I do feel good and have a reasonable amount of energy for someone with a newborn and 3 older children ( some of the time) but I just can't do the shakes, I love to cook and eat as a family. So I am going to keep on with the supplements and then go back to my Sainsburys diets on a low GI plan using the food diary and some of the menus but mix in other meals as well.

Catbag Thu 10-Jan-13 14:42:50

Ok, so new scales arrived today. I am 10st 12lb sad This is most disappointing. I would like to get to 9st so have 26lbs to lose. I would like to be getting near my target by June as we have booked a caravan in Cornwall for a week and I hate trying to hide myself away when it is sunny sad
My waist is non-existant too- currently 38 inches at its widest circumference. That is almost more depressing :'(

Catbag Thu 10-Jan-13 14:45:04

Going to go and add my stats to the list. Can't hide from them anymore!

Catbag Thu 10-Jan-13 14:48:39

Feck. Where IS the stats list?!

Catbag Thu 10-Jan-13 14:51:04

Found it smile

PeppaPrig Thu 10-Jan-13 16:41:35

Hello, can I join? I have a 7 week old baby and a wobbly tummy.

Catbag Thu 10-Jan-13 17:28:58

Welcome Peppa! You'll fit right in with the rest of us then! ;)

This thread is not accepting new messages.