New mummies with wibbly tummies.

(1000 Posts)
ValiumQueen Fri 28-Dec-12 08:59:27

All new mummies welcome. Any exercise and/or weight loss programme acceptable, so long as it is healthy.

Marking my spot for the New Year!!

I've no idea how much I weigh (no scales - prefer to measure in clothes instead). But I'm 5 foot 1, with a size 10 bust and hips, but a spare tyre that only fits 12-14. Baby is now 8 months old, and I've stopped breast-feeding. I hate it - I feel like a fat lump.

I really really really want to be all size 10 again!

My plan - cut out sugar and booze. No snacking, only 3 good, proper meals a day. 30 day shred DVD workout while baby has his lunchtime nap. Hope to start on the 1st/2nd of January.

ValiumQueen Fri 28-Dec-12 20:44:33

Welcome everyone thanks

ValiumQueen Fri 28-Dec-12 20:45:31

I plan to do lots of shagging to help shift the weight. DH is very supportive of this plan.

littleredmonkey Fri 28-Dec-12 20:58:50

Hi ladies.
Hi VQ found my way honey
Baby Dylan arrived 4th Oct. I have put on 4 stone. I found out I was pregnant and was a bit stressed. He was planned but I worried. When I worry I eat. I stopped smoking and gained 6 stones and lost it last year through weight training at the gym and very low carbs. Loved the gym worked out four times a week. Only had a food treat once a week. When I got pregnant the carb demon returned. So I have planned to return to exercises next week and lower fat.

ValiumQueen Fri 28-Dec-12 21:18:10

Hello lrm welcome! Carbs are my downfall. Especially bread.

kirrinIsland Fri 28-Dec-12 21:41:25

Count me in please?!

I've got 8-10lbs to lose, but no will power. I plan on walking lots, building up to running again - but when started running again after DD1 (when she was about 4months) I suffered with bad knees and ankles so stopped and never started again blush
I did once manage to cut right down on sugar so will try that again, but coke is my downfall so we'll have to see how that goes!

Awwwww VQ your post made me well up - I'm 22st blush was a size 14 until I gave up smoking 14 yeas ago sad I too don't want my issues with food to be passed to dc - ds no worries as v athletic and lean but dd is tall and heavier than she looks iykwim but loves veggies n fruit unlike me

I'm going to start in a week or two, once kids have gone back to school and were iN need of a big (healthy) shop!!

I've got many incentives ths time so hoping I can kick this blubbers butt!!!!

Good luck ladies

Off to google 30 day shed confused

Iheartpasties Fri 28-Dec-12 21:54:22

I think I'm keen to try and be good with food and walking for (maybe) a week before weighing in! I've not weighed myself in such a long time I'm worried I may faint in shock. My face is big and round and fat and I don't recognize myself in photos. Awful. I've had hardly any photos with dd2 since she was born coz I feel awful about my fatty-self. Ok I'm kicking my own stupid arse now.

Iheartpasties Fri 28-Dec-12 21:55:49

I have in the past cut down carbs and it's worked. This time I need to cut way down on sugary treats.

pikz Fri 28-Dec-12 22:58:56

I have 11kg to lose to get back to pre pregnancy weight. I have shifted 14kg in the last 5 weeks since Luc's birth.

I feel fat and frumpy as I'm only 5ft3 so would like to feel really good about myself again. Also want to get back to running halves again as enjoyed marathon training a few years back. Going to take a whole as emcs so will have to just walk walk walk.

VQ you are ace

Hi littleredmonkey - I have a baby Dylan too smile

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Fri 28-Dec-12 23:14:06

I've weighed myself, I'm 11st 9oz. Pre-preggo weight was 10st10oz, but this is my top-end weight. I'd like to be under 10st so I'm aiming to lose 24lbs.

I've ordered 30 day shred, it was only £4.99 on amazon, bargain! Just got to wait for my six week check to start that now, can I start exercising immediately after six weeks post section?

Goatbongohohoandjinglejingle Sat 29-Dec-12 00:16:17

Hellooo, found ya VQ, I shall bite the bullet and join. Should have done more before as Babygoat 5 months old. Would like to lose 1 1/2 stone to be pre-preg weight and 2 1/2 stone to be pre-slipped-disc weight. Have lost half a stone since stopping bfing (BG, a prem, fed 90 minutes out of every 2 hours. So did I.)
My starting weight is CRACKLECRACKLESHHHHHPOPCRACKLE
Ooh sorry, seems to be something wrong with my computer...

Catbag Sat 29-Dec-12 00:19:49

No, dicks, I don't think you can. I was told mild exercise from six weeks, such as walking, but nothing intense and nothing involving abdominal workouts until twelve weeks to give the internal stuff time to stitch up properly.

GTbaby Sat 29-Dec-12 01:09:13

We have quite a few on the 30day shred!
Mentioned it to a friend today, she is fit n warned it was very intense. Suggested doing it without weights on first go just to not push to hard, n not b put off!

Omg just weighed myself hmmi have put on 4 stone in 2 years! I have lost my baby weight, so that is something I guess. blush
I KNOW my weight at 11stone mark is not sustainable, so my goal is to loose 2 stone and maintain regular exercise.

Need a diet plan. Will think of that next

So stats list... I'll start, copy the stats and add your own. If u want to leave current blank feel free to do so.

GTBaby - current 15 stone 7lb - goal 2stone

If any of you ladies want a copy of the shred I have one still in its packaging I can't do any excessive like that because of my HMS, I'm happy to post the DVD on. smile

funchum8am Sat 29-Dec-12 01:57:23

Hi everyone, like littleredmonkey I had my baby girl on 4rh Oct so she is 12 weeks but I still have at least 2 stone to lose. I am bfing and the weight came off quite nicely until recently when it has started piling on again sad

I have downloaded the couch to 5k podcast no. 1 and meant to start today but failed...tomorrow I will though now I have you to report back to!

Have been to weightwatchers over the years and often had real success so I know I can do it if I really try...may go back if exercising and cutting out the mince pies and choc doesn't work.

Thanks VQ for starting the thread, it is just what I need right now and looks like I am not alone! grin

I am shredding! MIL got me the DVD for Christmas hmm

SpanielFace Sat 29-Dec-12 02:13:47

Can I join in the new year please?

I'm a not-very new mum, DS is 16 weeks now! I'm breastfeeding & naively thought the weight would just fall off, but it hasn't. Excessive biscuits may be partly to blame!

I need to buy some scales but I've been on my mum's and I'm around 2 stone more than pre-pregnancy, and about 4 stone more than I'd like to be. It feels like such a huge amount that I don't know how to start tackling it, but I need to - am so fed up of feeling fat & frumpy, and none of my clothes fitting.

CandyPop Sat 29-Dec-12 03:01:19

tits ill take up the offer on the DVD ! I'll PM you smile

gt I think quite a few of us aren't doing the 'official' weigh in till Monday. I don't mind, once a few of us have entered their stats on monday I will put in in a seperate stats thread smile

KissysUnderTheMisteltoe Sat 29-Dec-12 03:49:16

I'm gonna join too. Will post weight Monday but was size 10-12 before PG and am a 14 now, am 5ft 6. Don't think I'll be able to get to pre PG weight as my body hangs onto fat stores when BFing, but healthy eating and exercise is definitely needed. Far too much cake/biscuit/choc consumption been going on in my household!

Catbag Sat 29-Dec-12 03:57:54

Is the body shred where you have to restrict your calorie intake to 1400 calories, in addition to exercises? No good for us bfeeders. Thing I'll stick with walking for ten days or so, and then i will be twelve weeks post-op so can look at Yogalates or something similar.

Iheartpasties Sat 29-Dec-12 04:31:10

Today I have bought some shorts that will be good for walking. I will try them on in a min. I might be upset if they dont fit!! They were in the sales so that is good. I had a small walk today and I feel I am back up to a proper speed, recently I have been such a slow walker due to a sore back, I have been careful to look after my back and now I'm glad - the walking will help it as well so I'm happy. I buggered it up just after DD1 was born in 2011 so have been mindful of it this time around. I would like to do Pilates - but I will start off with walking. I am going to get a step and some hand weights (fingers crossed) in the sales so that I can do some fitness stuff from home. I would like to enjoy being healthy and fit again and show my girls that it's part of a normal and happy lifestyle.

BarmeeMarmee Sat 29-Dec-12 05:28:31

Hello, please can I join you? DD is 7 weeks old and I'm still carrying the weight I put on with DS who is 2.5! I have an ideal goal of losing 5 stone but could live with losing 4. Please could someone add me to the stats list? Can't seem to do it on my phone...

Barmee - 15 stone (sob!) - goal 5 stone loss

BarmeeMarmee Sat 29-Dec-12 05:29:10

Btw thanks VQ for starting the thread

This thread is not accepting new messages.