New mummies with wibbly tummies.

(1000 Posts)
ValiumQueen Fri 28-Dec-12 08:59:27

All new mummies welcome. Any exercise and/or weight loss programme acceptable, so long as it is healthy.

horseylady Mon 07-Jan-13 21:17:59

And thanks yw!!!

GTbaby Mon 07-Jan-13 21:27:44

Breakfast tick
2 pints of water half tick. But still have a few hour to fit in last pint

BF mums. Pls don't worry about loosing weight. If u make healthy choices now u will find it easier long run. thanks

NappyHappy Mon 07-Jan-13 22:03:32

I'd just typed the recipe out then the bloody battery died angry angry angry angry

YW

Fry your fat trimmed off bacon with onions til softened.
Add chopped white and sweet pots.
Add 1 pint of Chicken Stock and boil it til potatoes are soft.
Add black pepper to taste and thicken liquid with 2tsp of cornflour dissolved in a dash of milk, add, stir til thick.

I made it up as I went along and according to MFP its 266cals a serving. It was very nice, sweet so it killed my sugar craving too.

YellowWellies Mon 07-Jan-13 22:32:16

Cheers Nappy curses I suspected there might be dairy in there somewhere... am sure I could just mix cornflour with water. Ta!

Imfeckinpetigo Mon 07-Jan-13 22:55:09

Sorry I posted on the stats thread but realised I should have checked in here first. I would like to join you all,my dd is 11 weeks old and I would like to lose around 1 and a half stone. I have 3 dcs and seem to have kept an extra half stone after each one. Pre getting pregnant I went spinning 4 times a week and should go back but I honestly don't think I can face it so going to try cutting out all the crap and going for a big walk every day I can.

Day one done,walked for about an hour and a half but three jelly babies jumped into my mouth and before I realised what I had done I'd eaten half a profiterole, doh. Will try harder tomorrw.

NappyHappy Mon 07-Jan-13 22:57:46

Hi feckin! wink damn those jelly babies!!

YW, I only used milk as it needed using up or I would've used water grin

MrsNPattz Mon 07-Jan-13 23:00:44

Hello, I would like to join too please! I'm joining Weight Watchers tomorrow and am hoping to lose about 1/1.5 stone. My little boy is 3.5 months old. Good luck everyone!

YellowWellies Mon 07-Jan-13 23:02:40

Imfeckinpetigo welcome I've put you on the stats list - I love your name - I love the word feck smile

MrsNPattz Mon 07-Jan-13 23:02:47

Will post stats on the other thread tomorrow when I have been weighed!

Iheartpasties Tue 08-Jan-13 03:09:49

Ladies! well done to all who have lost weight! hoe exciting! Well done to all of those who have maintained!! again very exciting. And general well done to us all for trying our best and to start to eat better things and try and move our arses!!

I will weigh in again next monday and hope hope hope that I have shifted some weight!

I am mostly all the time making good choices and that I all I can hope for smile

INeedThatForkOff Tue 08-Jan-13 04:23:48

I just read something on another thread about wearing ankle weights for walking. Might be an idea for those if us who can't fit more exercise in.

NappyHappy Tue 08-Jan-13 10:03:14

random factoid. Methyl Cellulose which is found in some foods as a bulking agent is a chemical used in wallpaper paste!

Morning all, got to go and drop some parcels off at the Post Office later so that'll be about a 40min round trip.

I tried to weigh myself this morning to put it on here but my scales are broken sad either that or I've lost a stone in 8 days which is impossible.

I feel bloody awful today, acidic, crampy stomach. :/

pikz Tue 08-Jan-13 10:44:06

Tits is go with having lost 8 stone at least for 5 minutes :D

Lambzig Tue 08-Jan-13 11:14:37

Not a great first day for me. Had done really well had a 50 min walk with DS in a sling (lugging another 6.5kg must help musn't it?) had salad for lunch, avoided the biscuits and made turkey chilli with brown rice for dinner then DH came home with a creme egg for me. He is the worst diet sabateur, he always does this. Still kept in my points just but very disappointed by my inability to resist any chocolate in the house.

RichManPoorManBeggarmanThief Tue 08-Jan-13 11:15:38

Hmm, my chicken chasseur appears to have gone wrong- the sauce has reduced to a sludge. I'm going to eat it anyway, as opposed to chuck it in the bin and order a pizza. Go me!

Lane81 Tue 08-Jan-13 12:07:52

Bad night last night. So tired. I just found a bag of choc coins from Christmas and devoured them in about 30 secs. Eeks. Did loads of walking yesterday but don't think that will cancel it out! So very hard to lose weight when I can't be that mobile and am so tired!

I fell off several wagons last night, plus the plane, train and automobile sad Lambzig I will see your diet saboteur and raise you mine... DH is 6'5" and lean and rangy. Can eat anything and is bemused that I can't. Last night was strawberry cornetto. Dammit.
However had Brazil nut and banana bread for brekkie and black bean chilli for lunch, both homemade. Yum!

Iheartpasties Tue 08-Jan-13 12:14:45

nappyhappy I have read somewhere about paper or wood pulp being added to some very cheap processed foods. Is that the same thing as you mentioned? Yuck!!

Ankle weights sound like a good idea to me! I'm googling now!

YellowWellies Tue 08-Jan-13 12:18:53

McDonalds fries contain wood pulp allegedly. Having eaten them cold once I could well believe this!

CandyPop Tue 08-Jan-13 13:10:05

Best way to limit food intake ? - take antibiotics .... Cannot eat 2 hrs after and 1hr before hmm

Attempted to do davina DVD ... Managed the warm up and 2 mins of workout then LO woke up .... May try for a walk later... Maybe.....

Sophiathesnowfairy Tue 08-Jan-13 13:55:56

Ankle wights is a great idea.

Hairy Dieters purchased, sold out on Amazon but half price in Sainsburys. Result.

Ok so today so far so good...

one rank shake for breakfast
One rank shake for lunch
One cereal bar thing
Some raw carrots
Zumba fitness with Olly looking on from the sidelines bemused! confused

Meatballs and shoe wheat pasta for tea.

Lets hope I can keep it going.

NappyHappy Tue 08-Jan-13 14:22:33

I've not heard that about the paper,wow. Its amazing what is legal to put in our food. shock

Day 5 still no bread or sugar and I do feel better for it.

Slimfadt shake for breakfast and a Nana
brie and salad wrap for lunch blush its sell by date was today.
ham and salad wrap too
Fish n chips for tea. Me, salmon though and the chips made in the actifry with carrot batons chucked in for sweetness.

swapping cow juice for soya milk in the shakes. Its not that bad.

INeedThatForkOff Tue 08-Jan-13 14:25:16

Another activity tip - be disorganised and leave the house late for whatever you're heading out to. I pushed both DCs to toddlers in record time this morning. Normally a 45 min stroll; today a 35 min power walk.

I'm currently trying to get DS to sleep by pushing him back and forth in the pram. Three big steps forwards and backwards ad infinitum. Gotta help, right?

Ps - had a peek at the scales today. It's working smile

INeedThatForkOff Tue 08-Jan-13 16:19:10

And another (I'm the self-proclaimed resident activity guru grin) ...

DD wanted to dance, so I put Dizzee on and that's exactly what we did, DS in my arms. Mind you, she probably now thinks that dancing entails a variety of ill-executed aerobics moves. Grapevine anyone?!

This thread is not accepting new messages.