New mummies with wibbly tummies.

(1000 Posts)
ValiumQueen Fri 28-Dec-12 08:59:27

All new mummies welcome. Any exercise and/or weight loss programme acceptable, so long as it is healthy.

INeedThatForkOff Mon 07-Jan-13 14:54:38

Workout done <smug> Think my pedometer has arrived too, so might get the DCs out in the buggy for some fresh air.

applecrumple Mon 07-Jan-13 15:12:28

Ill do next weeks one yellow.

INeedThatForkOff Mon 07-Jan-13 15:18:21

I'm going to get very busy with exam marking mid month (booo, but anything to extend maternity leave!) but after mid Feb I'll help out too. I could do with the moral support during that period too - I know I'll be overtired and will want to comfort eat.

utopian99 Mon 07-Jan-13 15:52:46

Pm'd you yellow.

Been for a walk into the village and back. Nothing major as it started to rain, about 40 minutes.

Sophiathesnowfairy Mon 07-Jan-13 16:42:22

No exercise as yet unless you count running back and forth t the toilet with Ds1. However Zumba at the children's centre starts tomorrow so I'd better hunt for my kit tonight and dust it off.

NappyHappy Mon 07-Jan-13 16:45:18

Same here U99. Heavy shopping in buggy. I sweated like the pig U am grin

NappyHappy Mon 07-Jan-13 16:45:55

I am the pig, I was looking up at the biscuit fight. confused

kirrinIsland Mon 07-Jan-13 16:58:12

Thanks YW

I've just proved stunt right about the diet drinks - had a coke zero and about an hour I felt so hungry I was shaking. Ended up eating more for lunch than I'm sure I would have done otherwise. Time to attempt to give it up!

kirrinIsland Mon 07-Jan-13 16:59:54

*about an hour later

YellowWellies Mon 07-Jan-13 17:21:20

Ta for your messages I'll add you to the list and publish on Thurs - or do you think we ought to have a stats thread to accompany this one?

My pedometer arrived from fitbug - have worn it for a couple of hours and I think I see where the problem might be. I used to do 10 - 12,000 steps a day. So far I've managed 90!!!!! Goddarn growth spurt....

applecrumple Mon 07-Jan-13 17:26:28

I think a separate thread is a good idea smile

tearoomtrash Mon 07-Jan-13 17:46:58

First week down. It's not been too bad. My appetite is shrinking already, and I've somehow managed to turn down every offer of baked goods and refined sugar!

My stats this week:
Height: 5ft
Weight: 9st 10 (8Ib loss) grin

YellowWellies Mon 07-Jan-13 17:52:09

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/big_slim_whatever_weight_loss_club/1653593-New-Mummies-with-wibbly-tummies-STATS-THREAD

Here's our new stats thread for posting weekly weigh in updates, target weights etc

ValiumQueen Mon 07-Jan-13 18:06:32

Thank you YW and 90 steps grin

tearoom is that 8lb loss this week? Did you give birth again?

YellowWellies Mon 07-Jan-13 18:16:55

I was going to say that's more than my DS!!! Presumably this is a long term loss - or are you crash dieting for an event?

applecrumple Mon 07-Jan-13 18:50:22

I've just had a lush tea - jacket spud with homemade colslaw & a ham salad. Mmmm smile

gillian88 Mon 07-Jan-13 19:25:43

Well my DD (dear daughter) is now almost 5 months and I'm STILL wearing my maternity clothes! I got vouchers for Christmas and bought some new clothes however size 18 jeans are refusing to button over my jelly belly! My old pre pregnancy size 16 jeans have no chance of getting worn any time soon! So off I waddled today to Boots weighing scales thinking 'oh no I bet I will weigh about 14 and a half stone' then the scales flashed up a whopping 16 stone 0lb!! So this is definitely it, I don't want to be the roly poly mum at the school gates, I'm determined to get rid of this weight once and for all! I know it wont be easy- who can say no to a two year old who is shoving chocolate buttons in your face- but I'm hoping for a few supporters who can cheer me on!!! Who's with me ;)

NappyHappy Mon 07-Jan-13 19:34:18

Gillian, I'm still in maternity wear too. angry

Made bacon and sweet potato hotpot for tea. Fat trimmed off of course!!

Feeling low today. sad

Slimming world green day.

Yoghurt and fruit salad for breakfast
Jacket with beans and salad for lunch
Quorn curry and rice for dinner
Slimming world rice pudding for yoghurt

2 x Alpen light bars
Apple for snacks

Water/diet lemonade/skinny latte for drink

YellowWellies Mon 07-Jan-13 19:57:01

I can fit in new fat non maternity jeans but my maty jeans are the most comfy!

Have now done 290 steps now DH is home. This is dreadful - I used to do more than that each fag break at work when I was smoking!!!! I'm signing up for buggy fit when I get to Edinburgh!!!

Today have had cereal and coconut milk; fart soup; an apple, a banana; two mini pork and pickle pies (mid cluster feed high fat snack to boost fat intake blush!); a nakd fruit bar; a bowl of hairy dieter chicken and veg stew with rice and some sorbet for pudding.

Nappy that sounds lovely - could you post the recipe?

Sophiathesnowfairy Mon 07-Jan-13 20:25:44

Am defo going to order the hairy dieters book that sounds yummy * yw* and at least I will feel like I am cooking properly.

Tea tonight wasn't too bad, I picked up a mini weight watchers winter warmers recipe book at Asda and made a sort of sausage casserole with with roast root veg, Yorkshire puddings and gravy, employing low fat sausages ( Tesco light choices, was surprised at how nice they were actually) and fry light, with a small glass of wine given my stressful potty day!

crazypaving Mon 07-Jan-13 20:33:31

trying to eat to hunger but so
sensibly. so today I've had two bowls of granola, a Cadbury choc yoghurt blush soup and baguette for lunch, and macaroni cheese and salad for supper. oh, followed by rice pudding blush so not a great day but also haven't snacked madly either. could do with more fruit in there...

INeedThatForkOff Mon 07-Jan-13 20:47:26

Titsalina, can I just say that your nn pops into my head all the time and makes me smile? It's perfect <swoons>

I'm feeling much better today than I was after standing in Monsoon changing room with a size 16 dress wedged around my chest. I feel like I'm doing something about it and have some self respect. Exercise helped a lot. Tomorrow I will just stick DS in the pram and get on with it. He seemed to quite enjoy Davina!

INeedThatForkOff Mon 07-Jan-13 20:59:15

Just updated the stats thread - I had no idea there were so many of us!

horseylady Mon 07-Jan-13 21:17:31

Good day!!

Porrige fit breakfast
Butternut squash soup for lunch
Vege chilli and salad for tea!!
Some chocolates, an apple and an orange.

Walked two hours today and did the horses. Also tried shred which was just like the circuits I was doing pre preg and loved it!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.