Just booked some keep fit classes - bloody hell, the cost!

(8 Posts)
Moominsarehippos Fri 28-Dec-12 09:54:58

I'm not really fat! Just a bit heavier/wobblier than I was (but my normal weight used to be skinny).

I really need to do exercise to tone up a bit and get me moving around as I am happier sitting on my bum with a good book and a cuppa!

Ephiny Fri 28-Dec-12 09:03:23

There are plenty of ways most people can exercise more cheaply or for free (e.g. running or doing an exercise DVD at home), so it shouldn't be a choice between paying for these classes and 'staying fat'.

IME weight loss is more about diet than exercise anyway, and eating less costs less.

Littlepumpkinpie Thu 27-Dec-12 21:32:02

You might find a gym for a lot less Google Pure Gym see if there building one near you. Opening price is £10.99 with a £15 joining fee 40 free classes a week. Its less than £20 to join if they are already open. Sadly though they do not have swimming pools. Another chain that are springing up is Dw fitness cheapest off peak was about £38 per month these have pools ect and lots of free classes. Both these Gyms have personal trainers should you want to pay extra.
I dont work for any of the above BTW just recently joined one smile

Moominsarehippos Thu 27-Dec-12 15:57:28

To join the gym is £47 a month (local council sports centre - a crappy, decrepit, crumbling sports centre with shitty facilities and one functioning ladies loo). A MONTH!!! It is so expensive now. I used to have an amazing deal at a private gym that was £30 a month until they decided to double it.

MistletoeAndMerryChristmas Thu 27-Dec-12 15:50:38

The classes without joining were about ?£5 each. so its worth it.

Fluffy1234 Thu 27-Dec-12 15:50:30

I do one of my Davina Mcall workout DVD's everyday for free and no petrol money to get to the gym.

MistletoeAndMerryChristmas Thu 27-Dec-12 15:50:07

Have you spoke to an istructor about joining?

My council run gym cost was £22 a month, that was unlimited gym and unlimited swimming, plus unlimited classes booked in advance.

Moominsarehippos Thu 27-Dec-12 15:48:31

£6.20 each. EACH! I'll have to stay fat and wobbly. I thought council run gyms were supposed to be subsidised!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now