Just booked some keep fit classes - bloody hell, the cost!

(8 Posts)
Moominsarehippos Thu 27-Dec-12 15:48:31

£6.20 each. EACH! I'll have to stay fat and wobbly. I thought council run gyms were supposed to be subsidised!

MistletoeAndMerryChristmas Thu 27-Dec-12 15:50:07

Have you spoke to an istructor about joining?

My council run gym cost was £22 a month, that was unlimited gym and unlimited swimming, plus unlimited classes booked in advance.

Fluffy1234 Thu 27-Dec-12 15:50:30

I do one of my Davina Mcall workout DVD's everyday for free and no petrol money to get to the gym.

MistletoeAndMerryChristmas Thu 27-Dec-12 15:50:38

The classes without joining were about ?£5 each. so its worth it.

Moominsarehippos Thu 27-Dec-12 15:57:28

To join the gym is £47 a month (local council sports centre - a crappy, decrepit, crumbling sports centre with shitty facilities and one functioning ladies loo). A MONTH!!! It is so expensive now. I used to have an amazing deal at a private gym that was £30 a month until they decided to double it.

Littlepumpkinpie Thu 27-Dec-12 21:32:02

You might find a gym for a lot less Google Pure Gym see if there building one near you. Opening price is £10.99 with a £15 joining fee 40 free classes a week. Its less than £20 to join if they are already open. Sadly though they do not have swimming pools. Another chain that are springing up is Dw fitness cheapest off peak was about £38 per month these have pools ect and lots of free classes. Both these Gyms have personal trainers should you want to pay extra.
I dont work for any of the above BTW just recently joined one smile

Ephiny Fri 28-Dec-12 09:03:23

There are plenty of ways most people can exercise more cheaply or for free (e.g. running or doing an exercise DVD at home), so it shouldn't be a choice between paying for these classes and 'staying fat'.

IME weight loss is more about diet than exercise anyway, and eating less costs less.

Moominsarehippos Fri 28-Dec-12 09:54:58

I'm not really fat! Just a bit heavier/wobblier than I was (but my normal weight used to be skinny).

I really need to do exercise to tone up a bit and get me moving around as I am happier sitting on my bum with a good book and a cuppa!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now