Hunger pangs are your body saying : Time to burn fat

(64 Posts)
TalkinPeace2 Fri 21-Dec-12 16:49:05

So for all those who have done well losing weight this autumn,
enjoy the seasonal meals, but if you are not hungry, don't graze
and the more active you can be when a teeny bit peckish
the more fab you will look in your party dresses.

have nearly convinced myself

TrillsCarolsOutOfTune Sat 22-Dec-12 13:26:38

If you want Olivia (or whoever is on duty right now) to see then you'll have to report your post as they won't necessarily be reading.

BsshBossh Sat 22-Dec-12 13:36:16

My hunger pangs are more often than not greed pangs ie I see cake and think I'm hungry for it. I'm trying to stick to three meals a day with a four hour gap between meals and eating crisps/chocolate/dessert with or as part of my main meal. Going 4-ish hours between meals (just like when I was growing up - we hardly ever snacked back then) has made me realise what real hunger feels like and gives my digestion a break.

TeamBacon Sat 22-Dec-12 14:07:21

Ugh.. the tone of this thread is a little patronising.

Thank you SO much for reminding me that lean is healthy.

LRDtheFeministDude Sat 22-Dec-12 17:14:33

talkin, there's a diet section for a reason.

I'm not 'in denial'. I just don't like the idea of making women feel shit about their bodies or making them feel as if they should be dieting. Your OP was not saying that lean is 'healthy' - it said that people who lost weight had done 'well'.

What about my mate who's anorexic, please?

What about me - I'm a perfectly healthy weight but feel bad about it because society tells me I should be a slim size 8 and I'm not.

I know you probably simply thought people who weren't overweight would ignore your thread instead of it making them feel a bit shit, but I don't think it works like that really. People who want to diet can go to the diet section. People who want to chat should be left in peace.

There are so many shitty, rude, demoralizing messages around in the media telling me already that I should diet (no matter what I weigh) and that I should feel 'fab' if I'm thin.

These messages are pretty damaging IMO. They do nothing to explain about healthy eating, and nor does your OP.

I get that you meant it well but please keep it to the diet section so I can avoid it if I want to.

Jingleallthejay Sat 22-Dec-12 17:19:49

why has this thread been moved to the diet section as people were dissaproving of the tone of the thread ,

LRDtheFeministDude Sat 22-Dec-12 17:21:49

I asked for it to be moved because it is about dieting. The OP addresses people who're losing weight. That's what it's about.

I have no issue with tone. Or with the thread existing. It's just, it happens to be about dieting.

Jingleallthejay Sat 22-Dec-12 17:22:36

You know I jumped a page when i was reading I have just read your post Lrd sorry smile

Jingleallthejay Sat 22-Dec-12 17:23:19

The OP addresses people who're losing weight. That's what it's about.

oh ok I just thought she was preaching and telling people how to eat.

LRDtheFeministDude Sat 22-Dec-12 17:27:38

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood jingle. Sorry!

PiccadillyCervix Sat 22-Dec-12 21:34:40

There are millions of people in the UK who do not recognise that they are overweight.And that they are condemning themselves to an old age riddled with diabetes, heart disease and joint pain.It is not self loathing to want to avoid that.

Olivia, please put it back, so that those who are in denial are reminded that lean is healthy.

hmm

Thanks Op for telling adults how they should live their life. And for pretending this is to do with health when you rOP made it clear it was about fitting in to a party dress.

No one needs your help. And telling people not to eat when they are hungry is wrong and ignorant. Please MNHQ do not move this back to chat, I don't even think it belongs in dieting. Does the OP not have a pro anna site she can be posting this sort of shit on?

TooImmatureMincePies Sun 23-Dec-12 15:58:30

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Jingleallthejay Sun 23-Dec-12 16:01:38

lean can mean extremely unhealthy tbh bone density is important to women later in life and if women are too lean then they will suffer but they can always looks back and think wow i looked fab in that dress

Asinine Sun 23-Dec-12 16:18:49

I find that when I'm hungry I enjoy my meals better. I'm hungry for about two hours before my meal and I don't think that's a problem. If the dcs are hungry near a meal they ask 'what's for dinner?' rather than asking for a snack.

BunFagFreddie Thu 27-Dec-12 20:23:34

That sounds like an eating disorder Tee and Jingle. My gran was like that. She cooked the most beautiful big family meals for all of us and you only ever saw her eat a couple of bites.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now