That shock moment when you look at a photo of yourself!!!

(13 Posts)
JumpingJackSprat Tue 25-Dec-12 11:46:54

the lightbulb moment! i always have that moment when before you go out you look in the mirror and look amazing but when you see photos you look awful - although an unflattering photo can look horrible whether youre a size 8 or size 16. keep that photo somewhere so if you are planning to lose weight you have before and after shots. ive gone from a size 16 to a 12 this year and aiming for size 10 next year and those photos remind me of why i put in all that hard work! smile

aroomofherown Tue 25-Dec-12 11:16:20

Yes it's basically a bit of low carb but food combining (if you eat carbs have a low fat meal, only have one serve of carbs a day, otherwise eat high protein moderate fat meal). It's based on the premise that we overeat because we are addicted to certain foods (for me it's wheat) and so we crave it beyond reasonable ability to avoid it.

It seems to make sense to me with the way my body works so I'm going to give it a try!

theharcombediet.com/

Harcombe diet?

aroomofherown Sun 23-Dec-12 22:08:36

I'm nervous because I can be all determined, but I have only ever lasted 3 weeks before bingeing again sad

I'm going to try the Harcombe diet after Christmas. I have to present at a formal event to go to in Feb and I just shudder at the thought.

Onlyaphase Sun 23-Dec-12 22:01:14

Know exactly how you feel.

The trouble I have is that I am big all over IYSWIM - so proportionally in the mirror I look OK ish. Its only when I'm photgraphed next to normal sized people that I realise how big I am.

Ditto sad

aroomofherown Sun 23-Dec-12 21:53:42

Overuse of 'too' blush

aroomofherown Sun 23-Dec-12 21:53:16

Yes I seem to have a tiny head too!

I saw some holiday pics too blushsad.

WeeWeeWeeAllTheWayHome Thu 20-Dec-12 13:48:24

I think the mirror is deceiving because I know I always breathe in and position myself so that I'm looking from the most flattering angle. Photos don't let you get away with that.

Souper Thu 20-Dec-12 13:47:14

I had that earlier this year. I had a photo taken with a group of women and I was so shocked when I saw the result. My head looked TINY in comparison to my body!

BloominMisteltoeMarvellousWine Thu 20-Dec-12 13:41:19

Even in the mirror I don't think I look as fat as I am!

It is like my brain is tricking me into thinking I am still thin.

Well they do say the camera never lies.

WeeWeeWeeAllTheWayHome Thu 20-Dec-12 13:38:46

I have that every time I look at a photo and mirror. I can't do stones but I went from 60 kg pre DC to 84 kg after sad.

<<hides away all mirrors>>

BloominMisteltoeMarvellousWine Thu 20-Dec-12 12:59:18

When did I get so fat?!?!?!

My work xmas party photos have been put up at work.

The dress I wore made me feel good at the time!! I thought I looked good.

I cannot believe how big I am. It has really upset me!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now