The Ongoing Low Carb Bootcamp - Final Festive Fortnight

(970 Posts)
BIWIshYouAMerryChristmas Mon 10-Dec-12 07:56:38

No spreadsheet to link to this week, as the LBD challenge is now over!

I don't know about anyone else, but I have definitely not had the greatest of weeks, and I'm keeping on keeping on until we get to Christmas.

Not quite sure yet what my own Christmas strategy is going to be, but I also guess it depends on where I've got to with my weight by then. I know that, having achieved my first major target of losing 2 stones, I still have more to go. So my next really major, very psychological target, will be to reach 9 stone. Something I have been trying (and failing) to do for the last 10 years! But now it seems so much more achieveable, especially with all you lot giving such brilliant support.

This week for me starts with a super strict day today. I'm out to dinner tomorrow, with a groups of ex colleagues, and venue is not yet chosen, but is likely to be a Chinese, which always brings its own problems. not to mention the wine

I'm also out to lunch on Friday, so it looks like Wednesday and Thursday will also have to be super strict!

MulledwineGless Tue 01-Jan-13 20:45:19

MRS Hp, here's hoping 2013 is your year!

Helloooo all i've found you... And im back!!
I hope im finding you all well and that you all had a great xmas and new years eve last night!
Must have a read of the thread tomorrow... Will you take me back??? :D xx

happygolucky0 Tue 01-Jan-13 23:32:48

Hello everyone Happy 2013. I would like to join you if that is ok? Not to sure what I can and can't eat. Like... do you eat fruit, is soya milk allowed? Is there any guidelines anywhere on a previous thread that anyone could link me to?
Good luck everyone!

BIWIshYouAMerryChristmas Wed 02-Jan-13 08:40:03

Welcome, happy, and welcome back Princess! Of course we'll have you back!

here is the link to the next Bootcamp

I will start the first week's chat thread on Monday, which is our first weigh-in day [gulp]. Willie will also post the new Spreadsheet of Fabulousness, where all the key information is stored.

Here is the spreadsheet we used on the last Bootcamp if you have a look at the tabs at the bottom you will find the rules as well as a list of allowed veg - it's really worth printing this off so that you have the information to hand

MulledwineGless Wed 02-Jan-13 12:11:02

Hey Princess - was wondering where you had got to!
Welcome back and Happy New Year - hope you had a lovely Xmas and ready for 2013

Thanks Gless see you all on the new thread smile x

timidviper Wed 02-Jan-13 14:06:47

I am dreading getting on those scales shock!

Celebrating DSs birthday with a McDs today, out for farewell lunch with DN tomorrow before he goes back "darn sarf", friends 50th birthday party Friday, take down all the decs, etc this weekend then I'm ready for business on Monday.

happygolucky0 Wed 02-Jan-13 15:29:30

Thank you BWIshYouAMerryChristmas for posting the info very kind.

Doshusallie Wed 02-Jan-13 15:33:18

BIWI - not sure if you want to put a post on the other thread/new thread that you start just letting people know that you and some of the old stalwarts on here might not INSTANTLY be able to answer all questions? Seems like some are getting narky when they don't get a reply within the hour but with the sheer volume of posters that is going to be tricky.

Doshusallie Wed 02-Jan-13 15:34:00

Waves at princess. grin

halfthesize Wed 02-Jan-13 16:13:06

Hi Princess good to see you backsmile

Waving right backatcha wink

BIWIshYouAMerryChristmas Wed 02-Jan-13 18:36:31

Thanks for the heads up, Doshusallie - I hadn't noticed that.

Doshusallie Wed 02-Jan-13 18:41:57

It's actually just one or two BIWI but I don't want to name names.

BIWIshYouAMerryChristmas Wed 02-Jan-13 18:44:22

Fairy nuff!

willie just wanted to say if you ever need help with the spreadsheet or can't do it one week, just let me know and I am happy to help out!

<waves at princess>

EwanHoozami Thu 03-Jan-13 16:30:19

BIWI - the New Year thread is full! <faints>

halfthesize Thu 03-Jan-13 16:51:50

Its going to be a big bootcamp thats for surewink cant believe thread full already...

BIWI are you around or shall one of us start an interim thread until Monday?

EwanHoozami Thu 03-Jan-13 17:19:25

maybe a continuation thread with a spreadsheet link in the OP would be a good idea? <nominates MrsHP> grin

Ok I'm on it!

halfthesize Thu 03-Jan-13 18:53:01

Fantastic MrsHP

halfthesize Thu 03-Jan-13 18:54:20

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/big_slim_whatever_weight_loss_club/1650190-New-Year-Low-Carb-Bootcamp-interim-thread?watched=1

BIWIshYouAMerryChristmas Thu 03-Jan-13 19:31:31

Thanks very much MrsHP! I was at the gym being tortured by my trainer!

I'm watching The Hairy Bikers at the moment, and being exasperated by the whole calorie-counting emphasis of the programme.

Doshusallie Thu 03-Jan-13 20:02:44

BIWI you are the only person I know who goes to the gym AFTER the hairdressers....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now