The Ongoing Low Carb Bootcamp - Final Festive Fortnight

(970 Posts)
BIWIshYouAMerryChristmas Mon 10-Dec-12 07:56:38

No spreadsheet to link to this week, as the LBD challenge is now over!

I don't know about anyone else, but I have definitely not had the greatest of weeks, and I'm keeping on keeping on until we get to Christmas.

Not quite sure yet what my own Christmas strategy is going to be, but I also guess it depends on where I've got to with my weight by then. I know that, having achieved my first major target of losing 2 stones, I still have more to go. So my next really major, very psychological target, will be to reach 9 stone. Something I have been trying (and failing) to do for the last 10 years! But now it seems so much more achieveable, especially with all you lot giving such brilliant support.

This week for me starts with a super strict day today. I'm out to dinner tomorrow, with a groups of ex colleagues, and venue is not yet chosen, but is likely to be a Chinese, which always brings its own problems. not to mention the wine

I'm also out to lunch on Friday, so it looks like Wednesday and Thursday will also have to be super strict!

NewStartSameStory Mon 31-Dec-12 16:04:39

Sorry about the cat half

biwi you said something fairly similar at the beginning of this bootcamp and lots just seemed to disappear into the ether along the way. Also perhaps is seems so many because you have a huge no of regulars and actually the newbies - whilst there being a lot aren't as many as the list suggests? Kinda scary thought for you to be in charge of so many people. biwi to conquer the world next winkgrin

halfthesize Mon 31-Dec-12 16:49:19

thanks for kind words, it really dies help to be able to post things on heresmile hope you all have wonderful evenings. lots of celebrating and wine
other thread is busy, so many names being addedwink they must have heard how great your bootcamps are BIWI

halfthesize Mon 31-Dec-12 16:50:04

meant does

Half so sorry about your cat. One of our feral cats died over Christmas. So horrible as he was just adorable. sad

BIWI. Looking at the new sign ups you will need a very long extendable stick. shock. grin

Well, last blow out here. Been in local pub drinking this afternoon and we're all back now. Cooking Chinese feast this evening and will be indulging in duck with pancakes, crispy chicken, etc.

A very Happy New Year everyone. Cheers. <raises glass>. smile

EwanHoozami Mon 31-Dec-12 17:35:16

oh half I'm so sorry about your lovely cat sad

I'm amazed by the momentum of the other thread, it's becoming quite a movement BIWI , you should be jolly proud.

DH working tonight so once the smalls are in bed I shall stick on some super-shit TV and whip up a roast broccoli, goats cheese and bresaola salad. With LOADS of pine nuts (dunno if they're low-carb and can't be fannied to check - it's hardly a blow-out!) Yumbags.

Happy new year, my dear LC chums. Have fun whatever you do.

BIWIshYouAMerryChristmas Mon 31-Dec-12 18:37:14

It's not me that does it - it's the people who sign up that make it what it is!

But I know from experience that although many will jump in with both feet, and full of enthusiasm, we will end up with far fewer than when we started.

Posted this on the other new sign up thread too - it's mad, yey!!

came on to say mass media positive comment about low carb shock

Dr Hilary Jones in the NOTW Fabulous mag, its not all good news as he says LC "diets" are safe "for a few weeks" rather than our attitude of it being a healthy long term WOE but article ends "if we all cut down the amount of carbs we ate,we would be slimmer and healthier, so going forward, reducing your carb intake should help you keep the weight off"

I'm just amazed as usually the media is quite mocking about LC in general so I guess this is a start?!

Happy healthy slimmer 2013 to us all <hic> raising a glass wine to all you fab ladies!!

MulledwineGless Tue 01-Jan-13 00:50:19

Happy new year Toomuch. Here's hoping for a healthier 2013
( and a couple more meet ups!! )

NewStartSameStory Tue 01-Jan-13 02:00:32

Happy new year toomuch and winegless and all the rest of you lovely ladies.
Definitely here's to a healthier slimmer 2013!!!!!

We will have a postponed pretend Hogmanay for you, gless!! Hope the night shift wasn't too eventful.

Happy new year to you to nsss here's to a good one for all of us.

timidviper Tue 01-Jan-13 02:51:04

Happy New Year all (tis me, Viperidae in my new guise!)

Ilovemyteddy Tue 01-Jan-13 07:24:02

Happy New Year losers!

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful support in 2012, especially BIWI and Willie. Here's to a lighter 2013 thanks

jan2013 Tue 01-Jan-13 09:03:13

really sorry about your cat halfthesize... thats awful.

happy new year everyone. x

vnmum Tue 01-Jan-13 11:12:58

Happy new year everyone smile

halfthesize Tue 01-Jan-13 11:15:52

Happy New Year everyone, hope not too many hangovers being nursedwink

Doshusallie Tue 01-Jan-13 13:25:34

Very sorry to hear about your cat half sad

Now will the rest of you keep the noise down please envy

HAPPY NEW YEAR DOSH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tra la la la la la, sing a happy song !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin

Doshusallie Tue 01-Jan-13 14:46:50

You'll keep toomuch. Oh yes you will.

EwanHoozami Tue 01-Jan-13 18:45:51

<whispers> are you feeling better, Dosh?

I'm a bit nervous about starting a proper bootcamp again blush

I've been losing veeerrry slowly for about the past six weeks, almost in maintenance as so many small-but-naughty habits have crept in. Nothing huge, just sweeteners every day, edamame to assuage my pea longings and a daily chunk of dark choc. That kind of thing. Lots of dairy too.

I'm going to have to shape right up, aren't I?

MulledwineGless Tue 01-Jan-13 19:11:50

Yup- she's got that stick ready!!
Just think how much better you are going to feel though grin

BIWIshYouAMerryChristmas Tue 01-Jan-13 19:12:30

grin

Last carb blow out for me this evening - Indian takeaway and finishing off the pink fizzy leftover from the party.

Quite looking forward to being back on the wagon, but not looking forward to returning to the gym as I know it's going to be hard.

MulledwineGless Tue 01-Jan-13 19:15:33

Enjoy BIWI - I am full of the lurgy so can't enjoy anything at the moment. Was planning in an evening of prosecco as not in work until thurs now. I can't wait to get back in the gym

Doshusallie Tue 01-Jan-13 19:24:57

Not so's you'd notice Ewan, no, but thank you for asking!

Have had celery with Camembert and smoked salmon and a pkt of pork scratchings for tea, and am about to go back to bed. At least I managed to get up and cook a meal for the boys so at least they have had some nutrition in this 24 period - iirc they mainly ate jelly babies and crisps yesterday.... blush

The gym will be very hard tomorrow, as these kind of hangovers tend to last 2 days IME but go I will.

Hello! happy new year you lot! We had a fab time last night at a wedding reception with DD who was three st the beginning of December. She stayed up dancing until 1220 and didn't get into bed until nearly 1250! I thought I'd bet back early with her by about 930! She had the time of her life and I loved celebrating new year with DH, her and our friends, something we haven't done since having her.

I am going to start proper on the 7th, along with DH. We are both wanting to lose weight and use the gym more to give ourselves the best chance of TTC #2. We have now tried for two years with one mc in the middle so hopefully getting fitter would help.

Thanks for all the support in 2012!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now