ermm..... do stretch marks and cellulite go down when you loose weight?

(12 Posts)

Need to loose 2.5 stone.

Am determined to have done it by end of march after Christmas.

I hate my body. Hate it.

Not just because of the weight but because I am covered in stretch marks and some cellulite... the cellulite not bad really

But if I got to 9 stone would the stretched skin look better?

botandhothered Sun 09-Dec-12 15:55:21

Stretch marks will fade with time, however if you lose weight too quickly you will get more. Less fat usually means less cellulite. Good luck!

Nothingontvat3am Sun 09-Dec-12 16:01:01

Me too. No advice just wanted to say good luck. Hopefully by march we'll both be happier with our bodies.

Thankyou.

I don't know if they will fade anymore. My youngest is 18months Had 4 kids.

They are everywhere and huge sad

Stomach covered from navel downwards.Sides. hips. Boobs. Calves. Everywhere sad

gnocci Mon 10-Dec-12 15:10:32

I just lost 3st in 12 weeks and found the stretch marks got worse but the cellulite got a lot better.

gnocci Mon 10-Dec-12 15:11:03

ps - bmi went from 28 to 22

Ambassadoryouarespoilingme Mon 10-Dec-12 15:18:09

So Gnocci, how did you achieve that amazing feat? Was it hell?

gnocci Mon 10-Dec-12 22:44:10

Exante diet (total meal replacement VLCD) and no it wasn't too bad!!

rockinmum Sat 15-Dec-12 18:41:20

I know that it isn't supposed to work once stretch mark hae gone silvery/white BUT I hae been using bio oil whilst doing my own workout regime (and attempting to stick to a diet) and have seen a marked improvement in them, worth a try x

specialsubject Mon 17-Dec-12 13:13:37

2.5 stone in three months is unrealistic. 1lb a week or back on it goes as soon as you stop starving.

cellulite is beauty-industry babble for 'normal skin texture' and even ugly-skinny celebs have it. Don't worry about it.

naughtynancy Mon 17-Dec-12 19:13:13

There is no evidence whatsoever that fast weight loss it put back on any quicker than lower weight loss.

I lost 3st in 3 months and havent put a single lb back on. Lost 4st after my previou pregnancy and didnt put any back on then either (until I got pregnant again that is).

Eliza22 Wed 08-May-13 18:58:56

How did you do with that 2.5 stone weight loss, by end of March? Wondering, as I peeled off in a changing room yesterday and it was ghastly. Really. Shocking. I go on holiday in mid-August. Need to do something !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now