NOW or NEVER, NO EXCUSES thread Part 3

(1000 Posts)

Ooooooohhhh, that's exciting, and a bit of an honour, I feel like the Leader!

coffeewineandchocolate Mon 18-Mar-13 08:17:42

Hi all. I'm in disguise as trying or a new name. Ds is still very spotty and had a high temp last night but seems fine within himself this morning. Spots just keep multiplying!

Not such god news on the weight front, 1lb on :-(. Not really surprising but i guess i was hoping for a miracle haha. Now 10st 13

Tortoise Mon 18-Mar-13 08:25:06

Johnny, don't be jealous of my roast spuds. You have lost weight and I haven't weighed myself as I'm bound to have gained. I know which I'd prefer.

ICBINEG Mon 18-Mar-13 09:51:22

grrr 10 st 3 now...so only a measly 1lb off...even though I went swimming....

Am really thinking that running is the only solution....I just need it to stop fecking snowing!

Well done Johnny, you are a million times more likely to make your goal for Easter than I am at my current pace.

well done other losers and stayers approximately the same <it's the all about the long game>

Icb

it could be turning to muscle so have you checked your inch loss .As i noticed that though im still heavier than fair few am in smaller clothes can only thing its muscle so more streamlined now

coffee

maybe just need trip to the bathroom may help

You're right human there is something to be said for eating a lot for a few days to kickstrt your metabolism. Last week I ate about 1400 cals a day which is more than I had been eating (apart from my indulgent weekend) and still lost weight. And well done for being so close to your target, hopefully we'll both be celebrating something next week. I want to be in the 10s.

icb a 1lb is still an achievement, as human said you may be getting more muscly.

Has anyone ever tried body pump? My friend has said that it's about toning your muscles with weights and isn't too high impact / energetic. I'm thinking of trying it but my friend is tiny so presumably has a different idea of what's a hard workout.

Well done losers! Am proud of you!

I am v hungry because have been hardcore today. Yes human I think you might be right regarding the letting t go a bit because I felt lighter and people were noticing! Back on the wagon now though.

Glad DS s are getting better! X

Tortoise Tue 19-Mar-13 18:06:46

I'm feeling like crap today. Not health wise but just feel low and tearful.
Then to top it off DS2 13 starts asking if he can spend a week at his dad's to see how it is for a longer period. sad
Basically when they go there Fri to Sat, they spend all day on laptop or Xbox and eat crap! They do nothing with their dad. They are allowed 18 rated games.
He seems to think the grass is greener on the otherside!
I had to hide in the bathroom and have a little cry. I've fought do hard in the past to keep them with me. It would break my heart if he went to live with xp sad sad

Oh tortoise I'm so sorry to hear that.

Don't know if I can help but I was about 14 when my parents split up. I very much wanted to live with my dad for exactly the same reasons, he was less of a disciplinarian than my mum and let me eat nice takeaways and restaurant food. Anyway, he didn't want me! He was too busy gambling and trying to shag women. Now I can see that I would've cramped his style and i was better off with my mum. Just carry on being a good mum and he'll come round. he'll also miss his siblings.

Tortoise that is awful. How upsetting! I would be distraught. Have you had a chat with him about the reasons he wants to spend some more time at his dad's house?
You must take care of yourself- don't be hard on yourself at all thanks

Tortoise that's hard sad would a week make him rethink things realise that actually Wgat he thinks is freedom at his dads is no fun when hungry or got no clean clothes and would their dad hacd them doing chores after few days ?

Tortoise Tue 19-Mar-13 21:53:51

Ds2 was about 4 when I asked his dad to leave. He's spent longer periods over his dad's (and Nans because xp lives with his mother!). Both him and DS1 always moan they are hungry when they come home on Saturdays.
DS2 doesn't like nans cooking, xp doesn't seem to do any cooking! He normally buys them McDonalds or a pie.
He wouldnt be made to do any chores. Xps mum still picks xps washing off his bedroom floor so I guess does the same with DSs.
I haven't spoken to him about it yet. Can't face it! It brings up memories of when DSs were taken from me due to my DDs dads violence to DS1 and I had to force DS2 crying his eyes out into his dad's car after every contact session I had with them.

I'm hoping it's just a passing thought and nothing more. I'm sure he doesn't realise how much it's upset me.sad

coffeewineandchocolate Tue 19-Mar-13 22:42:34

Sounds like you are having a really though time tortoise. From what you have said previously and having seen your photos, it looks like you do lovely fun things with the dcs. My bet is that he would be bored silly at his dads after a few weeks of computers and crap food. Chances are his gm and df would also struggle with the adjustment. Maybe play along with his wish but play duty and organise really fun things when he's not with you that he is told about

Tortoise Tue 19-Mar-13 22:58:54

Coffee I really don't think I could play along with it. His Dad works so wouldn't be about in school hols. Nan is too old to care for a teenage boy (plus she a grumpy old bat! grin )

I've got a bad headache now. All the built up tension I think. Will go to bed and try and get to sleep.

Oh, will just add a positive event of the day. DDs had parents eve tonight and both are doing fabulous at school. Top level in all subjects grin . So proud of my little girls after all the shit they have been through. smile

Tortoise

Does he spend any extra time AR his dads in the holiday ? . My ds1 and ds2 started seeing their Dad age 16 and almost 14 after not seeing for years ds1 saw few times then decided did not want to see anymore

Ds2 still sees and decided that wanted spend weekend with him last summer which I found hard but he came home and said never ever again . It sure as fell made him appreciate home . ( still sees him but In day and stays hotel overnight with my mum but only few times a year

So wondering if ds2 had a week say in summer holidays may wear of Rspecially dad at work and grumpy nan in charge of teen

Tortoise Wed 20-Mar-13 08:01:31

They sometimes go for 3/4 days in holidays over a long weekend. I will have to get the courage up to talk to DS2 later.

yeah its tricky but being a teen its hard

i have new pictures up im actually wearing a skirt as is my annual check up today at spinal unit and wanted to show them how much life changed last 2 years well last 12 months diet wise

cookieowner Wed 20-Mar-13 12:05:50

wow human you look so slim and great!
Well done on losing so much weight , i hope i look that good when (if) i get down to my goal weight !

You look wonderful Human - make sure you bask in all the glory!!! grin

Tortoise Wed 20-Mar-13 13:52:58

Wow human, well done smile

Back from unit and Dr could not believe it when wheeled in lol dragged team in ( I spent a long time in that unit very close to them as they were there in some of my darkest hours )

An officially below 10 stone so home and having my bread /cheese /pickles what promised myself an indulgent afternoon /evening . Then will get back on it tomorrow Till the 8th when go away

So may see a gain this week but accept that and will loose after

ICBINEG Wed 20-Mar-13 15:46:11

Many many congrats human you look wonderful!

Ok indulged but only manged 1/4 on plate plus 3 bites of cake as to sweet .

Bleah on cheese and pickles who knew it after dreaming about so long I actually prefer Philli . Cake I can happy leave that again

But bread and butter tasted good ) definte taste change think will help with maintaing weight to

And tu for congratulations blush last time I wore a dress or skirt was 11 years or do ago on my wedding day !! Before that hmm probably 3/4 years more
easily . But back to my jeans now grin I just wanted to lOok Differnt for my check up

Which btw was all ok no change

coffeewineandchocolate Wed 20-Mar-13 16:17:55

Human you look fab! Not having a great week diet wise. Having to cook what grandparents wasn't as fil had gastric band and bland food tastes. Also with ds still under the weather i need a glass of wine to preserve sanity!

Will really have to hardcore it next week, which should be easier as I'm off for a few days...

This thread is not accepting new messages.