NOW or NEVER, NO EXCUSES thread Part 3

(1000 Posts)

Ooooooohhhh, that's exciting, and a bit of an honour, I feel like the Leader!

Oh that's right, in your fab new costume. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Ooh nobby you encouraging me to spend money too? Maybe I'll buy a new handbag or something not affected by weightloss. Keep going, I started at 13 st 9 and getting down to 12 was such an amazing feeling. Do you think you'll be there by Easter?

Johnny

I would be tempted take his bank card shopping after brained him something heavy and enjoy that steak . I hear pedigree chum works in a pie . Pie for dh dinner

And yup Johnny I so get you on the vanity sizing thing it gives me he'll of a boost looking at labels in my clothes

I stopped buying as stuff brought now to big sad but grin same time only been sale stuff but annoying all the same

Yup scales really slow but can see inches changing as more tonned

I have settled on final target as floating between 9.7 and upper limit of 10 exactly where in range no clue but I shall be enjoying my cheese and bread and pickles some point soon I hope < bastard last 10lbhanging on > think will take as long tO loose that as toon lose the rest on bright side waist is 31 inches chest 32-34 hips bigger but oh we'll nothing can do change bone build

Nobby

Yup slowly does it and feels good to secure that number I switch between stone /BMI and or lbs when need boost of w number changing

Dancing did your sister notice the weight loss and glad had good day

DancingInTheMoonlight Wed 27-Feb-13 18:44:14

I don't know if she did but I'm back too around the same size as i was before Christmas when she saw me (after losing my Christmas weight). She did offer to lend me her dress for the photo shoot. Very ambitious but an indication i have visibly lost weight and she thinks I am slimmer but i still wouldn't get even one boob into it!

Yes human I look at my BMi whenever I lose weight. I know today isn't an official weigh in day but i did take pleasure in my BMi being in the 26s. 26.9 to be exact. I only need to put on ounces to go up to 27 so I may not be this happy on Monday when I weigh myself again!

My waist is 34 inches which is brilliant. I would really like to get to 31 or 32 inches as they talk about visceral fat around your organs and I'm sure they say healthy waists should be no bigger than 32. I started at 41 inches so it is a definite improvement.

nobby how old are the kids that you teach? Do you have to be all serious and stern when they fart? Just realised in 15 years of office working I never heard anyone fart. Wondering how much productivity is lost by office workers leaving their desk to let one off in private. Dh working long hours and I am clearly spending too much time on my own as thoughts are very toilety at the moment. Sorry about that.

One day soon dancing your be wearing that dress of hers

Johnny yup good thing if feeling fed up or even put on a bit is look where you started

Mind guess they trying he proffesional in the office that or your sense of smell gone wink

Tortoise Thu 28-Feb-13 10:35:12

Staying on the fart subject, I've never heard my Dad fart! grin

I'm still doing ok. May have a sneaky Friday weigh in tomorrow just to see how things are going! Pizza Friday night so I'm going to have to try and only have a little bit.

Tortoise Thu 28-Feb-13 19:50:09

Sweet and sour chicken and rice for dinner, yummy! grin

tortoise you lucky thing, my dad never stops farting ... Or burping... Or swearing. And when he goes to the toilet he'll happily leave the door open (even doing a number two!) so he can carry on the conversation. shock I cringe whenever he visits because of the example he sets to the kids.

Sweet and sour chicken sounds yummy, is it a healthy recipe?

I had my favourite quick diet dinner tonight. Fajitas. I always have the packet mix and tortillas in the house and as a minimum I'll do vegetable fajitas with peppers, onions and anything else lying around. On days like today where I didn't snack and was generally good I'll add meat, creme fraiche, grated cheese, refried beans, homemade tomato salsa if I have time. Today i made it with turkey and it was yummy.

Tortoise Thu 28-Feb-13 21:36:27

Never heard him swear either!
Sadly i am not following his good example grin! But would never swear in front of him!
It was actually a jar of sauce from Tesco but their lighter version so shouldn't have been too bad smile.

Sneaky pre-weekend weigh in tomorrow morning!

Wow tortoise though saying that my dad was not much of a farter either at least in front of Us

Yum on sweet and sour < hungry > argh johnny fajitas now even more hungry

Roll on weekend sucks getting up early to workout but If I don't do it early it does not get done as find reasons why not . Add on loads to do and ds3?of school to . Once get where I want am planning make it just 3 times a week not 5/6

Tortoise Fri 01-Mar-13 09:41:15

Scales showing 2lb loss so far. Was hoping for more but weekend to get through yet!
Pizza tonight which isn't good but won't eat much during the day! grin

tortoise2lbs is amazing! If you lost that every week you'd lose 100 lb a year.

Portion control is definitely the key to eating pizza, I find if I pause after each piece I can stop eating after 2 or 3. But it is hard because savoury food is my favourite.

Might have to look for sweet and sour jar in tesco. I think the hairy bikers have a sweet and sour diet recipe but most of their recipes have so many ingredients I have to be in the right mood to cook them.

NobbyClark Fri 01-Mar-13 10:20:41

Hola all!
My kids are 5 so farting is acceptable as long as they say excuse me!!!

Ooh I like the idea of an Easter target, I tend to take two steps forward and one step back so possi ly now that low but defo nearer.....! Weighed in another pound lighter today too grin

Have a good Friday everyone!

Tortoise Fri 01-Mar-13 18:23:04

Restricting pizza intake not my strong point! Think I had 6 slices of meat feast plus 4 pieces of garlic bread. blush

Tortoise there is something about pizza that makes you say feck it and eat more

I have two teen boys it should be called the pump house and have gas masks on the door

Johnny savoury food my weakness to

Ahhh am going to a friends house for lunch tomorrow, help!!

Ekkkk checkpoint does she know your doing healthy eating or is she a foodie and likely be cake for desert ?

Ooh, it's so difficult eating at friends houses when they've gone to so much trouble. Tomorrow's one day so if it goes wrong you start again monday -and you can excite us by telling us what amazing food you overindulged in.

I've only been out to friends houses a few times since the diet started but I would focus on eating the bit they made the most effort for and really compliment it and see if there is anything carby or fatty that you can do without. For example dh's aunt made a casserole with bread, jacket potato and salad at Xmas. I think I ate lots of the casserole (which was lovely) and salad and avoided the potato and had one piece of bread (without butter).

Drive, if you can, to avoid having to drink.

Yup I agree is only one day and enjoy just maybe smaller portions maybe weigh in before Monday pre going out and use that weight this week

Oh. Bugger.
Roast pork (avoided crackling) with roast potatoes and veg. Creamy leeks too.
Pudding was crumble and meringue.
Had a couple of small glasses of wine.

Buti did play tennis in their tennis court (I know! ) after for a bit so maybe that burnt a few teeny calories off!

Tortoise Sun 03-Mar-13 21:44:20

We went for a lovely walk up a big hill today! Will see if I can put the panoramic photo on here that I took from the top. It's an amazing view. I don't know why we don't go up it more often!

Sausage casserole for tea. I had 5 sausages though blush . Plus mash and veg.

As long as I lose at least 2lb I will be happy.

Yummy food, sausage casserole and roast pork.

After 6 days of eating well I had a 'bad' day today. (bad's the wrong word, my body craved stodge, fortunately it doesn't do that every day)

Had a pizza for lunch and home made cottage pie for dinner. Made a slightly lower carb and cal mash topping with a mixture of mashed potato and mashed cauliflower. No one noticed so I discovered a great way of shoving in another vegetable! Made too much. Quite tempted to have another portion.

Tortoise Sun 03-Mar-13 22:36:41

Put photo on profile. Not sure how well it shows up on there. I'm on my phone.

My night just took a turn for the worse. DS2 has just been sick. Now I'm on panic alert that either others will follow or I will. sad I don't cope well with sicknesssad .

This thread is not accepting new messages.