NOW or NEVER, NO EXCUSES thread Part 3

(1000 Posts)

Ooooooohhhh, that's exciting, and a bit of an honour, I feel like the Leader!

YoucanringmySleighBells Sat 15-Dec-12 16:26:49

Sounds good Human - you are STILL doing so well in DECEMBER shock

I am just glad I am veering away from the 13's now when I was so damn close to the 14's a little while ago. By end of Jan hopefully veering towards the 12's. I feel like I can achieve it by small baby steps.

Very good youcan ! And you human
Well with the help of a tummy upset I am back done under 14!!! And a bit actually so fingers crossed should be able to stick below for the Christmas period!

Hi. youcan have you tried feeding your dh with diet food? In 3 months my dh hasn't even noticed we're eating low cal food (although his portions are sometimes bigger than mine) but he really likes the hairy bikers cottage pie and lamb, spinach and potato curry. Sorry not trying to offer unwanted advice, just thought it might be easier in jan if you have had a few diet meals over Xmas. Ignore me if you want.

Poor checkpoint hope you're feeling better <trying not to be jealous at your extreme weightloss 'technique'>.

I have been hovering near the bottom of 12 stones for a while and did a sneaky weigh in mid week and I was finally in the 11s. Let's hope I'm still there tomorrow. Might not weigh myself over Xmas (if I can keep myself away from the blinking scales) as I don't want to ruin my Xmas.

Checking in and well a 7lb weight loss That takes me to below 13 now 12.11 .7 so have hit my big goal of 100lb loss grin. Now to try keeping it going especially over Xmas .

Have 40lb to loose now . Just under 3stone sounds a lot but know be slower than the other 7 stone . So am back to working out of a morning hence silly o'clock waking

Hope feeling better checkpoint

Johhny I been feeling like that about the 13 so glad to break into the 12 now

As for Xmas nor sure what will do I may stick with it since had week of recently and we are of to Butlins at Easter on a charity thing . So more time in a costume . Ideally like to shifted another stone or maybe two by then

YoucanringmySleighBells Mon 17-Dec-12 07:06:42

johnny - I think this xmas we will kind do what we lke diet wise. My OH says he has lost a bit of weight too so he will be ready for a christmas break and with alchohol no way will we bw toog ood. However, I am getting the Hairy Bikers book for when he gets back to cook nice tings for fri/sat/sun and be stricter in the week. So that way our weight loss will stay permenant grin well done on seeing those 11's. They are elusive I have found ..

human - Well bloody done. 100lbs shock

Brilliant achievement. Well done is an understatement.
Goodluck to everyone else weighing in this morning.

Gah!! Serves me right for mid week weighing but I am 12 st 0 lb 7 oz so for my 'official' weigh in I am just over 12 st. I should be delighted as i lost 1 1/2 lb but i'm not! I was so good over the weekend too!

Well done human 7 in one week is amazing! And you must be so pleased at your total loss. My total loss is 22lb so I shall focus on that.

For Xmas I only really have 4 days I'm scared of. I will have smaller portions and less alcohol than usual. I am intending to skip breakfast and have smallish dinners (ie soup or small portions of leftovers).

<exits to find scissors. Must remove enough hair and nails to lose 8oz. Ponders do it yourself enema>

Ha ha johnny and well bloody done human!
Well my extreme weight loss thing has backfired slightlyas I have been trying to eat stodge to stop the foulness, so lots of mash, rice, toast etc so am reporting a couple of pounds loss but nothing to get too excited about.
I am trying a starvation technique today though as am getting a bit fed up of it.
Well done gang! Ohhhh youcan not long to go now!
x

ICBINEG Mon 17-Dec-12 09:32:39

gah - so this week I didn't so much fall off the horse as shoot the horse and make nice tasty horse-meat kebabs...and then eat the lot!

So erm no loss for me. Actually I am stunned I managed not to gain...but to the nearest 50 grams I am the same as this time last week.

Also can anyone lend me a new horse?

YoucanringmySleighBells Mon 17-Dec-12 09:47:52

Haha everyone! Come on no reprimands today it is so nearly Christmas and guess what...we are still here and still sheading weight!

<hums Elton John>

^Don't you know we're still sheading more pounds than we ever did
Looking like true survivors, weighing the same as a little kid.
We're still sheading, after all this time.
Picking up the pieces of cake without wanting a bite.
we're still sheading yeah yeah yeah
We're still sheading yeah yeah yeah^

Ah you can tell I have time on my hands. waiting for DD chritmas play to start...

Passes donkey to ICb . Well fresh out of horses and I had to fight a Mary if for this donkey so no eating it grin

You can

Hope play was good

Just think how motivated were be after Xmas . We know we can do it and once Xmas out the way it's more easy be motivated

I am working out still but not aa much as so much else to fit in with Xmas averaging 20/30 mins a day but not on Sunday as that's my lie in day not getting up early for anyone

My next goal is to see a 11 at first number but not sure how long take suspect weight loss drop back to normal next week think that was just the after holiday and my body going ekkk

Sorry have just eaten all the horses for miles around.

Aaahhhhhh! Curse DH for buying dairy milk.

stickingattwo Wed 19-Dec-12 13:20:47

Hello - just joInimg if that's okay. Signed up for Slimmingworld online yesterday as I don't have a convenient meeting nearby. So today is day one and I have about 70lbs to lose to get to a BMI healthy weight, gulp. Seems daunting but here goes...

ICBINEG Wed 19-Dec-12 14:05:19

welcome welcome...

please ignore the current feasting on horse flesh...we are usually far better behaved.

blimey xmas is a tough time to eat sensibly!

anothertiredmum Wed 19-Dec-12 14:32:33

Hi! Is this group for general support to get healthy? I had a baby 8 weeks ago and I need to get healthy for my family and me. I am addicted to sugar and very unfit, I need to get fit because when my baby will be walking I need to be able to catch her!

ICBINEG Wed 19-Dec-12 14:53:39

Hi,

we are mostly about the weight loss here. But from a health eating point of view...so erm weight loss for healthy habits etc.

Gosh 8 weeks seems quite early...it took me till 14 months to decide to get on top of my health...

anothertiredmum Wed 19-Dec-12 15:40:07

my addiction to sugar is ridiculous, i need to tackle it!

Hi sticking you can do it plenty of support here . All doing a mix of diets /healthy eating

Another tired mummy I'm impressed I live on sugary stuff and coffee to cope with sleep deprive

Lived not live my sweet tooth pretty much gone sadly not my savoury one though

Hello all! Yes we are here to lose weight, and cock it up sometimes and then start again, lots of us have lost quite a bit, I think all at least a stone so far.

Uh oh, I was (very generously) given a box of thorntons today and four home made delicious cupcakes.......... Heeeellllllpppppp!!!!!

YoucanringmySleighBells Thu 20-Dec-12 06:54:52

Morning to all new arrivals! Lovely to see you here - the more the merrier.

I think what is important for the anothertired and sticking is to see our very first few posts on thread one..I am dreadful at finding threads on here but if someone could link?

I think you will see how hard it was for us in the begining. It was about going through detox, cravings, feeling very low. That was all the damage from all the binge eating wehad being doing for so long.

We still have days that are impossible - but i think most of us now have more perspective and hope that we will change. We are doing a change for life instead of crash diets. That means we are trying to change our terrible habits and so far - with this thread- we have achieved that!

I had a sneaky weigh in folks - am now 12.7! Lost 2 pounds. To be fair have been feeling a bit rough and have no appetite but am still eating so was surprised. Have now lost nearly 18 pounds. I am having my tan tonight...maybe it's the FEAR.

Checkpoint

I will be selfless and help you with the Thorntons but the cupcakes your on your own . Never like icing at the best of times

Lol youcan glad it's not just me I had a cheeky check this morning to . Just so it helps keep me inline for Mondays.yes that would scare me having a tan but think I'll give it a miss as it land in all my wrinkles lol

When is everyone planning to get back on the goat after Xmas . Well we're fresh out if horses since we all seem be jumping of and eating them

YoucanringmySleighBells Thu 20-Dec-12 08:42:14

CCC - chuck some of the good stuff this way!!!
We are selfless here I tell you.

Hello Anothertired and sticking, well done for starting at such a difficult time of year. Sticking it might help if you set smaller goals and try not to think about losing 70lbs. My current goal is to be under 12 st before Xmas. Then I think I'll try to maintain for two weeks as it'll be hard to lose over Xmas.

Sneaky weigh in this morning and I am finally 11 st 12lbs. That's 24lb down in 3 months. Only about 26 to do.

My weight loss is a bit deceptive this week as I've indulged in sweets and crap (again). For some reason my fitness pal doesn't contain calories for raw Xmas cake mix! Good because I ate loads! I also ate a big plate of pesto pasta yesterday (although half the size of what I would've eaten 3 months ago) and was really angry at how many calories for something that doesn't taste that nice.

Ooh free cupcakes. Yes please. X

This thread is not accepting new messages.