NOW or NEVER, NO EXCUSES thread Part 3

(1000 Posts)

Ooooooohhhh, that's exciting, and a bit of an honour, I feel like the Leader!

Tortoise Tue 12-Feb-13 20:24:33

Human we saw Wreck it Ralph.

Had 1 pancake tonight with Nutella and butter on. Didn't realise how little milk we had left so only made one batch. Just enough for one each. smile

Ah that's what dd and ds3 been waiting to see that may wait till cheap Tueaday next week when half term then

Yup dancing I did put pictures up and even my friends that we camp with yearly ( all kids have Sn ) were shocked . The weights come of since June but Its been very tough not going lie think in all that time I had 7 days of maximum from it

I shall be having 5 of in Aprilgrin

PrincessUnderpaid Wed 13-Feb-13 09:13:17

Morning grin hauled myself to the gym and managed an intensive half hour swim this morning followed by a 20 minute walk to work. Im so proud of myself. Hope everyone has a positive day.

ICBINEG Wed 13-Feb-13 12:18:22

Did I miss pancake night? again?

Tortoise Wed 13-Feb-13 16:44:46

ICB yes lol! grin. But as I keep telling my dc, we can have them any day of the year not just on pancake day. Say it every year but still forget to have them any other time!
I did make some today to make up for lack of pancakes yesterday. I had 2.smile

ich I missed it too!
I started training with a personal trainer this week, it was bloody amazing. He teaches martial arts and is a very cool dude. I did Tai Chi!
Am going once a week, is £15 a go so not cheap but he lives across the road from me so it is no slog to get there. He is very interesting too, he has a long beard which he plaits.

It was a bit trippy too, he did it all with his eyes closed, and I felt a bit silly at first but got over myself and joined in, then started feeling all wooo and it felt like I was kind is upside down, standing on my head...... Reminded me of my youth!!! grin

Yum, we made pancakes so dd1 and a school friend could stir. I had just one with strawberries and no sugar. <admires halo>

Omg checkpoint that's brilliant, I looked into getting a personal trainer but down south they're about £50 an hour! What does tai chi involve? I've seen some local classes advertised.

princess impressed at your dedication, I'm a night owl and can barely get up In the morning to feed the kids never mind do exercise.

Tried porridge today as I was wondering if I still hated it. It one of those ones where you add boiling water. It had chocolate bits in it but was only 275 calories. Yuk! Even chocolate can't make porridge palatable. And it wasn't even that filling.

Icb yup You did but no chance at mine with teens that I forget ds1 ate6 ds2 ate 12 then dinner !! Neither are big built and ds2 make lamppost look fat as in 6.2 and 8 stone

Princess in impressed I work out silly o'clock but least it's at home

Checkpoint that sounds fun in a wacky way

PrincessUnderpaid Wed 13-Feb-13 20:33:01

Dh did get up and Ds has a lovely friend in the 6th form at his school who is a friend of the family and has offered to take him to school (we pay for petrol). Ds LOVES going to school with his buddy from the upper school.

checkpoint I would love to get some PT! Please update on the tai-chi our gym offers it but I've never known anyone who tried it. Loving the hippy style trainer, although now all I can imagine is Neil from The Young Ones teaching my Pilates class.

Oh no, he is quite attractive! blush blonde, strong looking but in a hippy kind of way.....

Well, you kind of stay in one position with your feet shoulders width apart, and you kind of bend your legs a tiny bit, like a bounce but then you kind of hold them there. Then you do lots of different twists, arm swings, and kind of hand and arm movements. Very hard to explain, then at the end we did some 'forms' which involved some of the more familiar tai chi kind of moves, the palm out and then make a fist and bend it round etc.

My target is to be able to do a chin up. shock if I manage it within a year!!!!

Ps hi princess!

Tortoise Wed 13-Feb-13 23:47:16

To add to my cold misery, I also have a stye that is slowly appearing in the inner corner of my eye. Wondered why my eye had been feeling off the last few days.
Also AF has just started 3 days early sad .
I think I would like to go and hibernate for a few weeks! grin

Oh no Tortoise

Checkpoint we want pictures ( wonders how far we are apart

Checkpoint chin ups do get easier I can mange them but lol can't put my feet down after

My party piece are 10 count press ups I kinda enjoy whopping guys arsed when they talk about press up

Tortoise Thu 14-Feb-13 22:02:28

Think my cold is slowly getting better!
Going to Wooky hole tomorrow with my DDs, My Boyfriend and his DS. smile

Next week I'm going to start afresh. May even get an appointment at the Drs for food advice. I need to sort this now before my weight gets worse sad .

Embarrassed to say I don't even know what a chin up is but it sounds difficult! Will google it.

tortoise glad you're on the mend and I hope things are better with bf. Dr sounds like a good idea, let's hope they can help. We're all here to help as well.

Did anyone have a nice valentines day meal? I did dh a lamb casserole with shop bought chocolate dessert but didn't go too mad. Had bought some cheeses but didn't fancy them which is a bit weird as cheese used to be one of my favourite foods. I prefer cooking to going out to restaurants on special occasions as I know if I'd been out I'd have eaten twice as much.

Tortoise sounds like tomorrow could be fun though having been few years ago it has changed tour wise and not for the better. Glad your feeling better

Johnny

that sounds really nice to eat yup I noticed taste buds changing to . Now if you ladies could find me a nice man by next year be handy . Wonders if checkpoints personal hippy is single wink

Scales are defintley slowing down now this last stone is determined to hang on in there . But checking inches to and they going down so think switching fat for muscle

But did try on a size 12 from Primark and they fit little bit tight on stomache .my next 12 fit better

An determined get below 10.7 by Easter then lol probably put 4/5lb on when away

DancingInTheMoonlight Fri 15-Feb-13 07:52:30

I did Johnny. Was working late so we had takeaway.ordered grilled chicken, naan, rice and veg rather than a while curry. Not sure it was particularly healthy, but was better than a full curry i think...

Just got to be careful not too slip into bad habits again... Got homemade soup for lunch so hopefully a healthy day today!

Well done human a primark size 12 is a proper size 12 as opposed to the kind of vanity size 12 I wear. I even have a size 10 skirt from white stuff but my waist is still 34 inches so I know I'm not really a 10 which to me is thin and I'm definitely not that. Annoyingly my waist measurements haven't gone down in about two months and that's the area where I'd most like to lose it. I think I have skinnier legs as I look better in trousers.

dancing I am jealous, we haven't had a takeaway curry since August. I do love the hairy bikers diet lamb curry but it does take a while to make.

DancingInTheMoonlight Fri 15-Feb-13 09:03:24

Yeah I've not had any since new year and then2 this week! No more tho as don't want to undo the good work. Going to be very good today to compensate!

Think it's more body changing shape for me now than loosing weight . I am a trouser person skirts akward when sitting and dressed don't work due to boobage needing a Differnt size to rest of me

PrincessUnderpaid Fri 15-Feb-13 11:07:14

H burnt the curry we were having last night! We ended up having a takeaway curry but i had chicken tikka pieces, raitia and 2 poppadums. I was drooling over his creamy tikka masala though and his big garlic naan, typing this is making me bloody hungry!

That was rather clever burn dinner get takeaway .wink

NobbyClark Fri 15-Feb-13 17:53:41

I had a homemade out of a jar curry last night but am off for a romantic meal with DH shortly...... Yum!

human I will enquire, he has four children so I am thinking possible married but have never seen him with anyone..... We are not too far apart by the way!

dancing that sounds really tasty.

Tortoise Fri 15-Feb-13 19:08:58

Had a lovely day out grin . Not been to wookey hole before despite living just half an hour away for about 25 years! Very expensive entry fee in my eyes but luckily bf had 4 free tickets so I only had to pay for one child!
The caves are amazing though and our dc all enjoyed it smile .

This thread is not accepting new messages.