NOW or NEVER, NO EXCUSES thread Part 3

(1000 Posts)

Ooooooohhhh, that's exciting, and a bit of an honour, I feel like the Leader!

Tortoise Wed 06-Feb-13 22:26:31

This week has been a bit manic in the evenings. DDs had the school panto performances last night and tonight. Fantastic show smile but it's meant grabbing take away on the way past chippy on way home! Last night was a cheese burger and I quickly cooked spicy wedges in the fryer to go with it. Tonight was a jumbo sausage, large chips blush and half a jar of curry. poured on top blush . Not good, not good at all.
Then tomorrow night 6-7pm gymnastics then quick 20 min walk to school for Valentine's disco!

DSs half term starts now. DDs finish Friday.

Ah your half term different to ours .my lot finish 15th

Tortoise so get you on the mad week been like that here

Mouth still sore and no appetite did not eat anything yesterday other than breakfast no working out today either and no appetite ATM

Don't worry tortoise - it doesn't count if it's takeaway wink

Human - I hope you feel better soon. Try and eat some soup or something to keep your strength up sad

CCC - Thanks very. Actually the children seem pretty good since last night. The anitbitics have all in kicked in for them. I am in between. No longer on my arse but full of cold.

Now I have all the housework and washing to catch up on!! There is A LOT down to the bastard impetigo that has ravaged it way through my house angry

Manged breakfast but it nearly returned sad but oh we'll guess it balance out no workout ( not allowed to need stay least semi upright ) otherwise bleeding may restart

YesIamYourSisterInLaw Thu 07-Feb-13 08:52:40

Not lost a thing this week, it's so deflating. I'm already going to the gym several times a week and pushing myself harder each time. Most days I'm eating not many calories and when I go gym I burn off more than iv eaten so I don't really know how to up it more. I'm just going to keep pushing through and ignore the scales for a week or 2

Tortoise Thu 07-Feb-13 09:34:03

YoucanOh good grin. Not sure what to have tonight. I don't want to cook at 9pm, and by the time we walk home from their disco it will be about 9. Sometimes hate living so far from school with no transport!

human Hope your mouth feels better soon and you can eat.

yes I know they say muscle weighs more than fat so if you are working out a lot it could be a contributing factor. Also check portion sizes. smile And don't under eat on calories too much or your body will hold on to the fat.

ICBINEG Thu 07-Feb-13 09:37:15

bluuuerghhh I had to eat a frangipane in the car to prevent puking.

On the upside my wedding ring finally fits back on my finger!

yes the body is really weird and unpredictable, I have had weeks where I've eaten really well and lost nothing, yet last week I had a bad couple of days and lost 2lbs. Other people have suggested eating too much salt or not drinking enough water as being causes of no weight loss.

Also I'd recommend (if you haven't already) measuring your bum, waist, boobs to see if you get smaller as some people reduce in size without losing weight (probably muscles)

icb sorry to hear that. Get better soon.

human that's a bit of an extreme form of weight loss <she says while hopefully googling local dentists> I hope you feel better soon.

tortoise I would find it hard to resist takeaways too especially at that time of night, in fact I walked past a chippy the other day and really struggled not to go in. Suggestion (feel free to ignore) could you make yourself a packed lunch to eat on the way home? Or can you put something nice in the slow cooker? I've had a lovely slow cooked chicken curry for the last two nights. (apologies if you're not the one with the slow cooker, my memory is going).

So my experiment to cut down on my mfp obsession failed. I have had three days of hardly eating anything which isn't good either. I tend to use mfp to help me decide what to eat and if I have had a cake or crisps then I'll have something small like soup for dinner depending on how many cals I have left. But without knowing how many calories I have left I stop eating!

That is not a problem I ever thought I would have.

ICBINEG Thu 07-Feb-13 12:22:36

Johnny shock I do the total opposite....if I lose track I just sort of close my eyes and eat the crisps anyway and pretend like it doesn't have calories if you don't look to see how many there are....

Although I did add up pizza calories and determine how much I could eat at work if I skipped eating for the rest of the day.

I have lost 4 lbs since Monday if the scales are to be believed....but DD has been jumping up and down on them...so maybe not. Doubt I will still be in the same place come monday.

Hope all those with maladies are better soon. I have finally gotten over my uber cold plus viral sunburn...well actually my skin still feels very weird and dry and flaky but at least I am not red anymore.

Yes check inches to muscle makes it more streamed than fat whole lb of both weighs the same muscle is smaller

Icb

Glad not red any more have you got good moisturiser

Johnny I use map to keep track to

Tortoise Thu 07-Feb-13 22:08:57

Well we ended up sharing 2 cheese pizzas and some spicy potato wedges. Only just eaten. I'm shattered! Glad last day tomorrow although I think DD2 will struggle to get up tomorrow!
(I do have slow cooker but rubbish at finding recipes to make in it!)

Tortoise thats one busy week

Am feeling better minimal appetite but have got in light workout today but not expecting good results this week due to not much workout or water plus popped pills like candy

Hello, hope everyone's well and children are better, it's my turn for the sickness bugs. Just had to pick dd1 up from school as she had an upset tummy twice and they'd run out of clean clothes for her. I fear a weekend of washing beckons.

yes I hope you're still motivated and not disheartened by your weigh- in.

icb 4 lbs! I am so jealous. Is that because you've been ill? I weighed myself and I'd put on weight since Monday so not happy!

Yes

Also not eating enough can mean your body switched to starvation mode

Oh no Jonny hope not to Bad a weekend and dd feels better soon without sharing it around

YesIamYourSisterInLaw Fri 08-Feb-13 19:36:57

Thanks everyone yes I'm still going despite feeling meh, can't give in now!
I measured everything today so I can't track inch loss as well.
Human I know it's naughty and I shouldn't but it's almost like a target to see how little calories I can consume. I don't not eat, I just pick low calorie things and exercise so it often ends in none or minus.
How long does it take for the body to go into starvation mode? Iv been doing it for 5 weeks now and it's only the last week iv not lost anything.
I'm also working on toning now and they say muscle weighs more than fat so I that may be part of it.
My fitness pal doesn't help, if you go under your calories it tells you what you could weigh in 5 weeks if every day was like today. Talk about making you want to eat less grin

YesIamYourSisterInLaw Fri 08-Feb-13 19:40:30

Ooh icb 4 pounds that's really good. Johnny I have a mfp obsession too it's ridiculous and it really shames me into not eating certain things.
Tortoise wish I hadn't read your post now I'm starving for junk food

Tortoise Fri 08-Feb-13 20:46:25

Yes been a very busy week, I'm tired and my legs ache but on a positive note I've walked 6-8 miles a day 3 times this week! grin Shame eaten crap each day.

Yes Sorry about that grin.

So glad it's half term. Looking forward to a lie in tomorrow!

Yes sadly it's a myth a pound of muscle weighs same as a pound of fat bit like the ton of metal or ton of iron

But muscle takes up less room is more streamlined so may be not loosing but turning to muscle instead

They say on average around a month can push body into starvation especially if burning more than your eating . I'm on a very low calorie diet but eat more than I burn so still seeing losses maybe try eating just a little more do not in the minus but yup keep eye on measurements

Tortoise enjoy your lie in

I may have had a sneaky peek and Well if scales are still showing same Monday I may be joining the 10 something dance grin and a < normal > BmI

ICBINEG Sun 10-Feb-13 00:02:44

Well I think you should post a video of your 10 something dance grin.

Tortoise Sun 10-Feb-13 20:41:28

Fingers crossed for you Human. Amazing achievement for you.
I will probably have put weight on. sad

2 and 1/2lb of for me Not bad as no workout Thurs/fri and only light weds ( don't workout weekend ) and some heavy duty painkillers taken to But

Spins round pulls a wheelie oops not good when dizzy

It's official it's there only just I can see it though 10.13.7 grin next aim is to get lower into the 10 officially am a healthy weight only just though

Tortoise has taken me years get to this point have yo-yo up and down lost a stone found two also remember you had a super busy week

Icb hope scaled showing that loss still

Johnny how is dd

Youcan hope your ok

Didi where are you

Waves at everyone else hmm ok make that waves with me down wind wink time for shower and breakfast and bliss coffee and breakfast in peace before day gets going

human well done! You may only just be under 11 by a little way but you're there! That's great news. Do you have a final target or are you going to see what you like when you get there?

Not quite so good for me, I put on a pound. Trying not to feel low about it. I'm 11 st 6 which is still brilliant but I want to be under 11st by Easter and it's looking more and more unlikely.

Dd1 is much better thanks, in fact we had a lovely Friday afternoon. She is a mummy's girl and school said she perked up as soon as she saw me.

Hope everyone else is well.

ICBINEG Mon 11-Feb-13 09:14:42

woop woop human! Fantastically well done!

Miraculously, given AF turned up, I am still down at 10 st 8 today! woop.

So that is 4lbs down from last week.

I am imagining I will get a slow week this week to compensate.

So just over 3 stone gone and 1 more to shift....

Actually I am thinking I will slow down a bit on this and try and drift downwards towards sustainable by Easter. I think I need to get used to my body as it now is and aim to get fitter, more toned for a while.

But still aiming for 9 st something by Easter...so not too much slacking!

This thread is not accepting new messages.