NOW or NEVER, NO EXCUSES thread Part 3

(1000 Posts)

Ooooooohhhh, that's exciting, and a bit of an honour, I feel like the Leader!

Hi human I don't think friends are trying to sabotage me as I'm still quite big (and I haven't told anyone about the diet, just said I'm cutting down, rather than obsessing about food all the time!) I think it's more likely that people don't want a pudding or cake on their own so persuade me to join in. The good news is a friend of a friend is pregnant. We were all wondering if she was having problems as she's almost 40 but we didn't want to ask her as it's rude.

So after my indulgent days yesterday and thurs I weighed myself to prepare myself for the bad news on Monday. Turns out I am down 2lbs! How does that happen? I can't remember when I last did that well. Anyway we have two days left til weigh in so plenty of opportunities for chips and pizza grin

Ha, this week just gets worse. Took dds out for lunch and neither ate more than two mouthfuls of food so I helped them both with their chips (and chicken and fish and bread). Another miserable salad for me tonight to compensate for my lunchtime gluttony.

Yeah guess its that I want cake but will I look greedy if I eat a piece on my own

Yeah that is defintley a champagne moment johnny I quite agree

Johnny maybe your getting a bounce down after few bad days

cookieowner Sat 02-Feb-13 20:11:08

Hi
i havent been on here for a couple of weeks but sounds as if you are all still doing so well grin
i am now 2lbs off of having lost 2 stone so am very happy with that and down to 11st 12 woohoo!
Still have a looooong way to go though
i have many weekends away planned which isnt good news for my calorie counting but hope i can keep at it

Way to go cOokie

Me and biscuits may be getting pally lOoks like ds3 has chickenpox again 3rd time in less than 4 months . Drs tomorrow to confirm and if us get sick note for school as they so going to kick of about it otherwise

Mind shall also request immune system check as know his sister has problem with hers and thinking he may ti

Hope everyone had a good weekend

down from 11.6 to 11.2 Lost 4lbsgrin

only up a little while but there are three pictures in order from just before i started in June at 20 stone .Then next in November when was 14 stone and last one was yesterday and no not dyed hair it was just wet

Tortoise Mon 04-Feb-13 08:05:44

Well done Human. I can't view pics on mobile app. Will have to get laptop out! grin
I'm down 1lb somehow!

Well done human and tortoise. As I said weeks ago human you'll be first to reach your goal then you can teach us how to maintain grin.

I am down 2lbs so 11st 5! So pleased, I can't remeber when I last lost 2lbs. Omg, go the 10s.

Fairly optimistic I'll be below 11 at Easter.

This week I am going to do an experiment. I am going to only do my fitness pal in bed to confirm decisions I've made at the end of the day. I know I still have over a stone left but I do seemed to have turned my addiction from food to Mfp and calorie counting! Wonder if I can make healthy choices on my own?

ICBINEG Mon 04-Feb-13 09:28:29

1lb down to 10 st 12 lb.

I am still losing just...but it's soooo slow atm. I guess I feel consolidated in the 10s at least but have fallen way behind my original weight loss schedule now.

Major congrats to the losers this week and human that is just an incredible transformation!

I have a chance at a good week this week...no 5 course dinners and no mum dragging me to the chinese buffet (am a kilo heavier than I was before weekend grrrr) and I have double badminton and swimming scheduled.

My DF was showing signs of concern that I was 'too thin' this weekend...I pointed out I was still at least half a stone heavier than when I got married and he was shock and admitted it is probably just the change that is making it seem like I have lost too much weight.

Well done tortoise

Johnny you can do it by Easter

Oh and dont be so sure I'm away 8-12 Aoril and intend eat what ever I fancy though it be better moderation than before mind that not be hard though grin my idea of moderation was for every biscuit eat another lol but I know I'll put some on

Icb
I have had that to but think everyone used to the fat me so i look extra skinny to them when infact I'm still overweight

Human, what an amazing transformation, you've lost nearly half of you!!

Icb well done, it must be harder when you're at a healthy weight. What is your goal? Mine is BMi of 24 or 25 so something between 10 and 10 1/2 st. I think your df has seen you get larger over a period of years and smaller over a period of months so the change must seem quite dramatic for him.

Just realised that I might have less than a stone to go if I stick at 10 st 7. Whoop! Whoop!

ICBINEG Mon 04-Feb-13 12:01:22

yup tis definitely the rate of change that fools people. I could also have pointed out that I am still way heavier than my sister and only 1 cm taller....

I was aiming for 9st 7lbs (which was my target in my 20's which I never achieved). But what I really want is the remaining flab from my tummy and thighs gone...

So maybe what I should be aiming for is below 10 stone but exercising a lot more...

ICBINEG Mon 04-Feb-13 12:02:26

by the way JDFW big congrats to you too! Really really getting the job done grin

Wow well done all, I can join in the festivities as I also lost 1lb.
Yay!

Slowly but surely I will become lighter.

Well done again, great results all round!!!

Yay well done checkpoint

Well done checkpoint, a lb is in the right direction.

I hope you're all well. I lost a lb today. Well more of a pint really. Of blood. And I wasn't in a nasty accident, I chose to give blood (I have been meaning to for about 20 years!). It was surprisingly easy, when I was pregnant they used to stab at me for ages to get blood. Wonder if it's cos my arms are thinner? Less fat covering the vein? A great side effect of weightloss as I hate needles and blood tests.

Have told dh that I may need extra help for a week while my blood replenishes itself, wonder if he'll believe me.

<<sneaks in>>

I have NOT beenvery good. Not very bad either but....

My house has been the house of lurgy. I have eaten 'normally' - you know, sandwiches, normal meals etc...had a bit of chocolate. I am still ill and just trying not to binge.

I have about 6 weeks until husband is home...as soon as I feel well i am optiistic I can lose another 10 pounds.

Death warmed up at the moment.

Hope you are all ok x

Tortoise Wed 06-Feb-13 00:22:52

Hope you feel better soon youcan. My cold is still lingering. Because I'm asthmatic its affecting my chest now. Keep coughing and feeling wheezy. Not enough to need my inhaler though. Just want to feel well again!

Youcan

I'll means anything goes just so can keep going .

Tortoise hope you feel better soon

Am going do my last workout for few days as need wisdom teeth out today . So not allowed to doing anything strenaurus did laugh at that point pointed out 4 dc so don't know whet weightloss be like on the flip side suspect not eating much next few days so may balance out

sorry you are not well either tortoise...

As some of you without partners at home will understand how awful it is, both my children have been unwell too, tonsilitus is rife here..

I have had strep throat and OMG was I rough. My daughter had tonsilitus and is now covered in impetigo and my son has a cold.

The children have been off from school obviously and it is another week off next with half term. I have nothing left to do with them!!

Sounds like you are all doing fab. I am concentrating on getting back to health and then I will really crack down. Even 4 good weeks will reap rewards!

Every one stay well - or get well - good luck!!

Sorry you're all feeling so rough. So I would like to send you a chuckle.

This thread made me laugh so much I woke dd1 up last night. Apologies if you've seen it or you don't like toilet humour.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1676528-how-to-unblock-the-boulder-of-poo-in-the-loo?pg=1

You can yup it's tough feeling I'll self and kids feeling I'll

Hope feel better soon

Thanks johnny - it was a funny thread- the craziness of it all!!

Oh no, not more illness, bad luck lovelies. Hope all better soon.

God can't face the poo thread. Our toilet has a very thin pipe so it is a bit close to home......

Nearly half term - woo hoo!

youcan let me know if you need a medicine drop!!!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.