NOW or NEVER, NO EXCUSES thread Part 3

(1000 Posts)

Ooooooohhhh, that's exciting, and a bit of an honour, I feel like the Leader!

ICBINEG Mon 28-Jan-13 09:26:16

Gah - 1lb back on...and now I have to take back my stupid 10 stone something dance...

crap.

On the other hand I didn't really have that bad a week (not good but not bad) except for my pumpkin face virus keeping me from exercise and eating a pack of very salty crisps last night.

Here is hoping for a nice bounce down for next week...(although I am missing my first weekly exercise tonight to go to a 5 course dinner with work...so maybe not...)

Well done all so far and ich don't stress, the puffy face thing probably meant you retained water ?! <hopeful>

I stayed the same which given my weekend pattern of putting three pounds on then it disappearing by the weds is good!

Dd has an ear infection, a change for us as it's normally a chest infection grin

TallyGrenshall Mon 28-Jan-13 12:02:52

Puffy face + salty crisps = water retention imo

A 5 course dinner sounds bloody lovely though - am rather jealous

I just did a BMI check to try to cheer me up a little. I've gone from 30.37 to 26.84! grin So from obese to not that far off healthy weight grin

Tally yup I find a good poo helps but glad back feeling better

Icb drink plenty water may help flush it out but close to a loo be good

Johnny yup I find nearer I get to my goal more critical am of my weight daft really when think what I was before

Checkpoint hope dd ear is not to painful and on mend soon

Tortoise Mon 28-Jan-13 13:30:01

I'm still at 16.2. Glad I didn't gain.
Well done on everyones losses. smile

ICBINEG Mon 28-Jan-13 13:44:01

Nice one Tally!

I am finding a flagging of motivation tbh now that I am in the under 25 for bmi zone.

I was trying on some of my old old clothes yesterday to remind myself how much larger I still am than I really want to be. This clearly didn't work as I then scarfed a load of crisps.

I think this comes back to reasons for motivation. I think I never made progress just wanting to be thinner. The only reason i lost this time was because it was for my health. Now I am in the normal range I think my good motivation is gone leaving me with the shaky crap motivation.

I need another new good reason to lose weight!

ICBINEG Mon 28-Jan-13 13:45:20

...or I might be overthinking a small weight gain after a week of being stuck in the house due to illness...

<me? over think? never!>

YesIamYourSisterInLaw Mon 28-Jan-13 16:25:37

Thanks for the welcomes everyone
. johnny yes I tried on my size 12 jeans today thinking I'd never get them past my thighs and got them on! I could do them up and everything but I still won't wear them just yet as there's a LOT of muffin overhang going on grin
Does anyone know if my arms will slim down as I loose weight or do I need to do arm specific exercises? I'm worried now that if I get to my goal of 10st I will be to thin for my size 12's I really don't want to have to buy a whole new wardrobe as I already have one waiting for me in that size. and no cash for a new one
Well done to everyone that's lost and everyone that's keeping strong, lets keep it up ladies

YesIamYourSisterInLaw Mon 28-Jan-13 16:28:07

grin @ icebeing bet the crisps were damn nice though.

Yes

My goal weight is 10 stone and a size 12 same as you ( im 5.7 ) they are doing up but muffin top and as I'm sitting all the time it's noticeable that of standing but I'm wondering as I brought some 14 shorts for Summer and well I'm sending back as noticeable that loose now and got another 20lb yet

But I don't have any really waiting in that size 12 yet either so can treat see when get there

Arms sadly think best way is to tone them . Mine are probably the most toned part of my body and happy wear strapy tops no problems there are some advantages to my chair wink

Icb i would guess your retaining water so that may be part of it hopefully your have a whoosh soon . But if face not clear maybe worth seeing your dr or talking ti pharmacist and look at how much you have actually loss

Tortoise no gain is good

YesIamYourSisterInLaw Mon 28-Jan-13 20:54:39

Ah you see I have 9 pairs of jeans in a 12 and they are all lovely so I don't want to have to rebuy them all. As long as I'm thin I don't think I'll mind, maybe I'll stop at 10 and a half. I'm 5"9 and the Internet claims my ideal weight is 10st 12 although I could be anything from 9 and a half up to 12... It's crazy
Anyone else find the evenings the hardest, I'm often in bed by 9 now just to avoid snacking

Ah you have couple inches on me .though tbh I'm knee high to a fart which is not nice on London trains

I'm going on weight as Need take account of what my arms have to move around and self transferring but yeah I was suprised at wide range
But 10 stone was my goal as that makes me half person was last year .

Shall see how feel when an there may go lighter will see

And yup I'm in bed early as once I transferred yo bed I can't be arsed to hi through hassld of doing in reverse

Tortoise Mon 28-Jan-13 22:02:11

yes You're the same hight as me.

I feel like shit tonight. sad. Cold has worsened. Nose won't stop running, head hurts and throat is a bit sore sad . Feeling sorry for myself!

ICBINEG Tue 29-Jan-13 01:02:22

I got some aspirational size 12 jeans from sainsbos at the weekend, and they fit just right....madness.

I don't quite have muffin top but I look top heavy again (stupid boobs) with the inches visibly gone from thighs (have been wearing size 18s with a belt up until now)

It is just unbelievable to have picked up some jeans in the shop brought them home put them on and not to have been thinking argh look crap in these.

Icb not quite that point yet but getting there it is nice be able to buy clothes from anywhere now rather than limited places.
Downside is i have noticed that I need be quicker at sales as the sizes selling out faster

How was your dinner icb?

I can fit into size 12 jeans too. Tried some on last week and couldn't believe they fitted. I have a massive muffin top / flab overhang but I don't mind as it'll be largely gone by the summer.

icb I'm doing it for health reasons more than vanity too. I am happy with how I look now (apart from the odd day where I get down about my mummy tummy) but i want to be healthy. I had kids quite late (and would quite like to have one more) so I want them to have a fit mummy who can chase after them.

icb are you still breastfeeding? Your boobs might get smaller when you finish.

Having said that mine didn't after dd1. And I am still bf dd2 (she's 2 and refusing to stop. She's also still refusing to go to bed unless I sit with her holding her hand. She has added her to her demands. Last night she refused to sleep unles dh held her other hand. She really does rule this house.)

ICBINEG Tue 29-Jan-13 09:37:32

JDW oh we are soo going to be there soon....the demands do just pile up....and once she has convinced one parent to join in the other is a must.

Dinner was okay but a little scary. I don't really like the whole networking, smiling for 4 hours, trying to present self in good light thing.

Especially when after 4 hours of effort the clown from the office next door says "oh you should go talk to X" and when I say "I don't know X" he says "I'll introduce you" and I say " oh, that's okay I'll catch X some other time" (coz I'm knackered) and he basically picked up the back of my chair tipping me half onto the table and half into the lap of the head of mathematics who I have been attempting not to embarrass myself in front of ALL NIGHT.

FFS.

Tortoise Tue 29-Jan-13 11:14:37

Today will be spent mainly laying on the sofa sad. Going to phone housing tomorrow and postpone house inspection. Can't face tidying right now. Everytime I move my nose runs and heads pounds.

Hi yes I meant to say that apparently my arms have got smaller. I hadn't thought they were particularly big but I met a friend who was amazed at how much weight I'd lost on my arms. I have taken up Pilates in the hope my stomach will get toned and after 3 classes I am impressed. We do a Pilates version of press ups with just 3 or 4 slow repetitions and after the class I can really feel my arms have worked out. I have never even able to do press ups before so I am quite pleased.

Hi tortoise sorry to hear you're not well, i hope you get better soon. Being sick when you still have to look after kids is the worst thing ever.

Tortoise Tue 29-Jan-13 20:32:50

Thanks Johnny. Still feeling really rough sad . Sneezes so violent my pelvic floor is struggling to cope lol! grin

Had a nice lasagne for dinner. All jar sauces but it took all my energy just to get up and do that.

Hope start feeling better soon

I nearly fell face first into pizza tonight as tired been up since 4 am out last 72 hrs I manged 8 of them as sleep and been non stop last two days due to my 1 year old niece

Pizza battld only won by couple large glasses of diet coke which I try to advoid but needs must

Blimey human you need a rest!

ich you have made me laugh out loud again!!!!
Hello yes!

God I am so busy. Only a quick visit tonight, will try to post more later in week. I fell off the wagon last night and ate loads of choc AF on the way I suspect.

This thread is not accepting new messages.