NOW or NEVER, NO EXCUSES thread Part 3

(1000 Posts)

Ooooooohhhh, that's exciting, and a bit of an honour, I feel like the Leader!

ICBINEG Fri 25-Jan-13 00:13:14

Okay peeps...I have had massively swollen throat/glands since tuesday, yesterday I had red face and neck, now the red is spreading down my body and was most recently scene in the vicinity of my navel. Face is now swollen somewhat...

WTF is going on?

Icb

Drs for you but wonder if could either be allergic reaction to something so maybe worth first getting picture ti show Dr then take some Piriton

Or maybe mumps ) but go get it checked <stern>

Johnny I'm at my lightest /slimmest in about 17 years and yup having s goal really helps especially in early days

Tortoise Fri 25-Jan-13 07:51:36

ICB Drs for you. I thought mumps too if visibly swollen on the outside!

Tortoise Fri 25-Jan-13 09:43:54

Kept DD2 home today even though she was fine last night, she was tired and tearful this morning. Normally would make her go and see how she goes. She's perked up since walking DD1 to school! grin

ICBINEG Fri 25-Jan-13 13:15:29

I had a mole inspection at the hospital this morning..and I kinda hoped they might tell me wtf with the red face etc. ..and I saw a LOVELY young man who took a consult call half way my appointment and it was sooo house/scrubs I think I felt a bit in love with him.

Anyway when it got to full body inspection time I did point out that I had no idea why half my body was red and that he might like to watch out in case it was infectious. He asked a bunch of GP type stuff and said it will just be a viral infection that attracted some lymph action and that going red and swelling up was fine.

He also declared only one of my moles was a likely trouble maker and explained about how red heads have a different form of melanin which I didn't know.

Then sent me for semi naked medical photography.

Pretty much all I could think about throughout the entire trip was just how fantastically less embarrassing it all was than it would have been if I hadn't lost the best part of 3 stone.

So here's me thanking you guys yet again for all your support! thanks

icb I want your life! First a hunky lifeguard, then an attractive doctor. And they've all seen you in a state of undress. How Miranda!

On a serious note, I hope your mole is ok. Will the infection go by itself or do you need drugs?

ICBINEG Fri 25-Jan-13 14:13:05

Oh sorry - the mole is fine atm...but one to watch out for.

Nah, the sore throat is on the way out now so I have hopes the pumpkin face will follow shortly.

Hope red look goes as must clash with the hair

Yup I been told that about meltonin bring Differnt in red heads as well as the oh red heads are pain get blood from . In like yes and your on attemp 8 and my arms agree

ICBINEG Fri 25-Jan-13 19:03:04

yup we red heads suck...bad with pain, hard to get blood but paradoxically won't stop bleeding once you get us going, no protection from the sun, allergies asthma, eczema etc etc.

However I do think that red looks good with red hair smile

I already posted the picture to prove it....although I suppose I have lost another 3 kilos since then...

ICBINEG Fri 25-Jan-13 19:04:28

jdw yeah I am wondering if they both were that cute or if my awol sex drive is finally back in town...

Think depends on shade of red hair and clothes strong reds I just look like a tomato lol

Tortoise Sat 26-Jan-13 09:54:11

Morning.
Dd2 and me have come down with colds. I felt happier yesterday but Dd2 is such a happy girl having her stay home with me was nice. smile

Bought a sofa bed off Ebay last night. I've been sleeping on a single mattress for the last 2 months. Got to sort the front room today to fit it in! A friend is picking it up tomorrow in his works van.

Dreading weigh in this week even more than normal!

Icb

How's the red rash

Tortoise glad had Happier day yesterday hope you and dd feel better soon

Hope everyone is having good weekend

ICBINEG Sat 26-Jan-13 22:19:07

Still red...am hoping it will go down as red dress red face, red neck and red hair is definitely not going to work!

I won't be weighing this week girls...had a bit of a blow out week so knuckling down to lose a couple more this week (plus whatever has gone on). Will be good I promise and get closer to that 12...

GOODLUCK everyone thanks

YesIamYourSisterInLaw Sun 27-Jan-13 17:19:10

Hello everyone, new to this thread. I started dieting in December then added on exercise a few weeks ago. So far I have lost 9.5 pounds iv got another 26 to go. Iv fallen off the wagon a few times, unfortunately I'm a comfort eater and had a few stressful moments as of late. But I won't be giving in any more! It's my friends hen do I'm July (weekend in Ibiza) and I absolutely refuse to be the fat one. Same friend is coming up for a night out in march so I can't even plod along thinking I have ages to loose the weight now grin

Welcome yes - you are in the right place smile

We are all trying to break the habits of a lifetime. even when we have a bad week or day (me this week) we jump right back on the wagon. ALL of us have lost weight, some subtantially.

We just chat, support each other and weigh in on a monday. Goodluck grin

Tortoise Sun 27-Jan-13 17:42:25

Hi yes smile .
I will still weigh in despite terrible week filled with comfort eating. blush sad

My sofa bed is here and is fab. I love Ebay! grin Hopefully will sleep better on it than did on mattress on the floor!

Hello yes, nice to meet you. Congrats on the weightloss. Are you at the stage where your clothes are feeling looser? It's such a good feeling when that happens or when you buy some clothes a size smaller. I also have an event in march which is motivating me. It's a friend's 40th birthday. She has a couple of stupid, thin, single friends who always manage to say something offensive about mums looking frumpy or letting themselves go (followed by "no offense johnny" angry.) I don't think they mean it but as it's the first time I've seen them since dd2 was born I'm determined to look my best and to challenge any of the crap they come up with no hiding behind 40 lbs of fat this year.

Had an ok week food wise, not as good as the previous couple of weeks where I did lots of cooking, but I allowed myself to have a few luxuries (chocolates, flapjacks). As usual not looking forward to tomorrow, even when I try really hard I don't always lose weight.

Good luck everyone.

Hi yes

Yup were all making lifetime changes . I'm a comfort eater to its the first thing turned to as you know that biscuit /chocolate /cake /savoury stuff never going let you down
And yup I fallen of the wagon couple times to

Youcan

Here's to a better week stress you had I'm not suprised fell of

Tortoise Glad sofa bed is more comfy surprising how much extra sleep helps

Johnny sometimes having few treats can help kick start metabolism again and nearer Yiu get to goal slower it tends to come of

Didi how are you

Waves everyone else

After pushing it bit harder this week 3lb for me grin

Plan is to push it next few weeks then will relax a bit over half term then back on it before break in April where I'm back flipping of the wagon for 5 days

Ok I just rechecks notes and it's actually 4lb not 3 grin now 11.6 next is to see that 10 first

Mind I had 2 extra games of basketball this week so that may helped ( achy arms today though not what need with a 1 year old min demon all day oops

TallyGrenshall Mon 28-Jan-13 08:38:08

1lb off for me grin It should have been more but, TMI, I have only had 1 poo this week blush Stupid pills. But I'm a lot straighter and I'm only using the stick in the house now so fingers crossed, all will be well next week so I can get back to work, and back to some exercise grin

I really really want to get into the 13st somethings

Well done human, that's brilliant.

I have lost .9lbs so I am a bit disappointed, as I always want to lose 1lb. It brings me to 11 st 7 which was my goal for this week so I think I am going to buy myself a treat.

Well done tally a good achievement when you're injured. I would eat more if I was in pain.

I am feeling much better now about my small weightloss, the more I lose the more self-critical I seem to get. and I can't remember when I last did a poo so that must be it

This thread is not accepting new messages.